Jeep Wrangler Forum - Reply to Topic
Jeep Wrangler Forum

Go Back   Jeep Wrangler Forum > General Jeep Discussions > General Jeep Discussion > Anyone That Knows Ford Tech?????

Join Wrangler Forum Today

Thread: Anyone That Knows Ford Tech????? Reply to Thread
Post Icons
You may choose an icon for your message from the following list:

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Wrangler Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:


Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Additional Options
Miscellaneous Options

Topic Review (Newest First)
12-14-2007 10:35 PM
6DEVIL16 Thanks for all the help. I too thought $1000 was nuts.....HAPPY HOLIDAYS TO ALL!!!

97 TJ 2.5L soft......Need 2 inch lift.....30x9.5's......and some stainless headers.......
......Still works like a tank......Love it!!!!!!!
12-14-2007 07:39 AM
MOz I just replaced my brother-in-law's upper ball joints on his Explore-Her Sport Crapper. If I remember, the OEM parts from Ford I think were no more than $120 for the pair. The lower ball joints are basically the same and are removable.
12-13-2007 09:48 PM
Jase from google, I found: the uppers are replaced as control arm assemblies. The lowers must be hammered out, and the new ones pressed in.
12-13-2007 07:56 PM
whitebuffalo not sure on the exploder, but on the 2wd ranger the ball joint was pressed into the control arm. i call BS on it being all one. find a different shop
12-13-2007 05:33 PM
pick Price seems pretty high. Pulled up the parts from O'reilly's site and the upper and lower combine would be under $100 for the parts.
12-13-2007 04:46 PM
Originally Posted by rebelBullDawg325 View Post
not one but i know one on another forum i'm on, i'll put it on there now and let ya know later

you might try on:
12-13-2007 04:43 PM
rebelBullDawg325 not one but i know one on another forum i'm on, i'll put it on there now and let ya know later
12-13-2007 03:26 PM
parrot head Wow, my BS meter is going off on that one! I would try a different garage. Shop around, call a few part stores and compare. Even if it is only available in as a complete control arm, that price sounds like someone is getting bent over
12-13-2007 02:12 PM
Anyone That Knows Ford Tech?????

I'm a Jeeper........But why go on a Ford forum when someone out there may know. A cousin of mine has a 98 Explorer that needs a new Ball-joint. He's been told that the upper control-arm and ball-joint are one-piece and about $1000 usd to replace. Anyone run into this?????? On a Ford Truck????? Seems Pricey.

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:03 AM.

Jeep®, Wrangler, Liberty, Wagoneer, Cherokee, and Grand Cherokee are copyrighted and trademarked to Chrysler Motors LLC. is not in any way associated with the Chrysler Motors LLC