|11-02-2011 12:41 PM|
|SippiTJ||Let us know how it works out! Always nice to add more to my Jeep knowledge!|
|11-02-2011 12:04 PM|
|Beechnut||Thanks Jerry- Printed and can't wait to get home now!|
|11-02-2011 10:05 AM|
|Jerry Bransford||TJ Jeep Problem with Instrument Guages.|
|11-02-2011 09:48 AM|
|Beechnut||I'm gonna check that key deal out. And if that's not it I will do Fred's recommendation.|
|11-02-2011 08:56 AM|
|WaterDR||My does this when the key is not all the way in.|
|11-02-2011 08:43 AM|
Try taking the dash apart to get to the plug on the back of the cluster. Clean that plug and make sure its not moving around.
To get dash apart:
1) Pull the defrost bezel at the top of the dash straight up (it is held on by clips).
2) Remove the Radio/Air conditioner control bezel by removing the two screws at the top and one behind where the ashtray would be.
3) Pull straight out on the bezel
4) Remove two screws that hold kickboard panel (under the steering wheel) and remove panel.
5) I think it is 5 screws from here to remove the entire cluster. (I only went as far as removing the clear plastic protector)
|11-02-2011 08:40 AM|
|11-02-2011 08:25 AM|
So I have a minor ongoing problem that is more annoyance than anything else. Sporadically all of my dash guages will shut off and the airbag and shift dummy light will come on. I think I have a loose connection running from somewhere but not sure where to start. It is a 99 TJ. Sorry for the blurry picture but I don't even like to attempt to talk while driving the jeep, much less take a picture...hahaha. Never know when you're gonna have to hang on for dear life.