|12-21-2007 04:43 PM|
|jjseel||Funny, I have Pics for the Reagan on manuevers, but not the Clinton, I guess 'cause they're XXX rated! For your viewing pleasure, High Speed Turns!|
|12-21-2007 12:42 PM|
|skeeter||Question, why would it cost 25 million while underway but only 1/4 million while at dock? Are they not counting the salaries of the sailors while on shore leave?|
|12-21-2007 11:33 AM|
|12-21-2007 12:20 AM|
|12-20-2007 09:44 PM|
|woody_k||That is way too funny. I almost posted before reading the whole thing because I have seen the USS Ronald Reagan in port in San Diego in 2000 so I knew it wasn't one of the newest ships.|
|12-20-2007 01:21 PM|
Whats the name of the F14? Monica?
No, it would be down low infront of if, facing it if it was
|12-20-2007 12:38 PM|
|Badge1236||I almost peed myself. That is hilarious.|
|12-20-2007 10:29 AM|
Navy's Two Newest ships
Seeing it next to the Arizona Memorial really puts its size into perspective...................ENORMOUS
USS REAGAN PASSING THE ARIZONA MEMORIAL
When the Bridge pipes "Man the Rail" there is a lot of rail to man on this monster: shoulder to shoulder, around 4.5 acres. Her displacement is about 100,000 tons with full complement.
Top speed exceeds 30 knots, powered by two nuclear reactors that can operate for more than 20 years without refueling
1. Expected to operate in the fleet for about 50 years
2. Carries over 80 combat aircraft
3. Three arresting cables can stop a 28-ton aircraft going 150 miles per hour in less than 400 feet
1. Towers 20 stories above the waterline
2. 1092 feet long; nearly as long as the Empire State Building is tall
3. Flight deck covers 4.5 acres
4. 4 bronze propellers, each 21 feet across, weighing 66,200 pounds
5. 2 rudders, each 29 by 22 feet and weighing 50 tons
6. 4 high speed aircraft elevators, each over 4,000 square feet
1. Home to about 6,000 Navy personnel
2. Carries enough food and supplies to operate for 90 days
3. 18,150 meals served daily
4. Distillation plants provide 400,000 gallons of fresh water from sea water daily, enough for 2000 homes
5. Nearly 30,000 light fixtures and 1,325 miles of cable and wiring 1,400 telephones
6. 14,000 pillowcases and 28,000 sheets
7. Costs the Navy approximately $250,000 per day for pier side operation
8. Costs the Navy approximately $25 million per day for underway operations (Sailor's salaries included).
US Navy welcomes the USS Bill Clinton
Sunday July 2 nd 2006 Vancouver, BC, Headed for Seattle, WA.
The US Navy welcomed the latest member of its fleet today.
The USS William Jefferson Clinton (CVS1) set sail today from its home port of Vancouver, BC.
The ship is the first of its kind in the Navy and is a standing legacy to President Bill Clinton "for his foresight in military budget cuts" and his conduct while president. The ship is constructed nearly entirely from recycled aluminum and is completely solar powered with a top speed of 5 knots. It boasts an arsenal comprised of one (unarmed) F14 Tomcat or one (unarmed) F18 Hornet aircraft which although they cannot be launched or captured on the 100 foot flight deck form a very menacing presence.
As a standing order there are no firearms allowed on board. The 20 person crew is completely diversified, including members of all races, creeds, sex, and sexual orientation. This crew, like the crew aboard the USS Jimmy Carter, is specially trained to avoid conflicts and appease any and all enemies of the United States at all costs.!
An onboard Type One DNC Universal Translator can send out messages of apology in any language to anyone who may findAmerica offensive. The number of apologies are limitless and though some may sound hollow and disingenuous, the Navy advises that all apologies will sound very sincere.
The ship's purpose is not defined so much as a unit of national defense, but instead in times of conflict the USS Clinton has orders to seek refuge in Canada. The ship may be positioned near the Democratic National Party Headquarters for photo-ops and can be used extensively for social experimentation and whatever other worthless jobs, the ex-commander-in-chief and his wife can think of.
It is largely rumored that the ship will also be the set for the upcoming season of MTV's "The Real World."
The ship was renamed and commissioned USS William J Clinton when someone realized the USS Blowfish was already taken.
Have a great day