Jeep Wrangler Forum - Reply to Topic
Jeep Wrangler Forum

Go Back   Jeep Wrangler Forum > General Discussion Forums > Off-Topic > FYI - I'm here to answer all of your...

Join Wrangler Forum Today


Thread: FYI - I'm here to answer all of your... Reply to Thread
Title:
  
Message:
Post Icons
You may choose an icon for your message from the following list:
 

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Wrangler Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Additional Options
Miscellaneous Options

Topic Review (Newest First)
01-25-2008 06:34 AM
MOz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Levinoss View Post
YO VIP LET'S KICK IT!

All right stop collaborate and listen
C'mon Lev...burn down the house!
01-25-2008 12:17 AM
Levinoss
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjseel View Post
((((barf))))
YO VIP LET'S KICK IT!

All right stop collaborate and listen
01-25-2008 12:12 AM
jjseel
Quote:
Originally Posted by MouthfulOfGrass View Post


Did someone say Ice ?

((((barf))))
01-24-2008 09:18 PM
woody_k Makes sense!!! Water won't stick to a duck's back why would duck tape stick to water when it clearly is made to stick to ducks.

However my question was a serious question.
01-24-2008 11:46 AM
MOz
Quote:
Originally Posted by MouthfulOfGrass View Post


Did someone say Ice ?
NICE!! I'm a big 80's fan...Ice rules.
01-24-2008 08:23 AM
MouthfulOfGrass

Did someone say Ice ?
01-23-2008 03:27 PM
mmasuperman12 what if the ice is on a treadmill? sorry never mind not going there haha
01-23-2008 03:26 PM
1BLKJP
Quote:
Originally Posted by whiteyj View Post
What if the ice was traveling at 200 mph?
Well if we are talking about an infinite space -200 celsius scenario then the duct tape might just hold.
01-23-2008 03:22 PM
whiteyj
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1BLKJP View Post
Same reason why duct tape won't stick to water.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1BLKJP View Post
Hmmmm, now ice is a different story. However it is my estimation that as soon as you tried to stick said duct tape on said frozen water that the water would start it's process of becoming unfrozen hence making the duct tape uneffective at sticking to frozen water.
Quote:
Originally Posted by lost View Post
then its ice
What if the ice was traveling at 200 mph?
01-23-2008 03:00 PM
lost
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmasuperman12 View Post
what if the water is frozen?
then its ice
01-23-2008 03:00 PM
1BLKJP
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmasuperman12 View Post
what if the water is frozen?
Hmmmm, now ice is a different story. However it is my estimation that as soon as you tried to stick said duct tape on said frozen water that the water would start it's process of becoming unfrozen hence making the duct tape uneffective at sticking to frozen water.
01-23-2008 02:58 PM
mmasuperman12
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1BLKJP View Post
Same reason why duct tape won't stick to water.
what if the water is frozen?
01-23-2008 02:57 PM
MOz
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4point View Post
What good is a HS diploma if you still can't spell after 12 years.
I don't think he graduated yet.. So there's still hope.
01-23-2008 02:51 PM
1BLKJP
Quote:
Originally Posted by woody_k View Post
Why can't 2 different metals be welded together and some can?
Same reason why duct tape won't stick to water.
01-23-2008 10:26 AM
woody_k Why can't 2 different metals be welded together and some can?
01-23-2008 08:17 AM
Scout
Quote:
Originally Posted by lost View Post
I just started using a helium and argon mix to weld some aluminum castings. Iíve had pretty good results so far with a home made mixing canister with baffles inside. My question is what flow rates should I be running on my helium and argon? Iíve been shooting for a 75%He 25% Ar mix. I have been all over the place on flow settings just wanted to see where you set your regulators. So far approx best settings Iíve found is 30CFH He/ 10CFH Ar. Typically I use between a #6-#8 cup and a gas lens when I can. Is 30 CFH on the He too much? I havenít seen a consistent pattern that tells me its too much flow and sucking in air. But sometimes the welds start out with soot even on clean metal. I have also seen some ďmudĒ or what appears to be a skin over the puddle sometimes. That skin seems to burn off or is cleaned off as the puddle heats up. I have noticed that with my baffle chamber that the flow starts out very high because it has a built up chamber of gas with no regulator on the outlet. I try to compensate for the high initial flow by setting pre flow to 2 sec. The regulators on the bottles take over after the first few seconds and Iím sure the flow then is what the regs add up to.

Thanks in advance for any advice,
-Matt

Ummm yeah. All looks good to me. Carry on.
01-23-2008 08:15 AM
sgnellett
Quote:
Originally Posted by lost View Post
I just started using a helium and argon mix to weld some aluminum castings. Iíve had pretty good results so far with a home made mixing canister with baffles inside. My question is what flow rates should I be running on my helium and argon? Iíve been shooting for a 75%He 25% Ar mix. I have been all over the place on flow settings just wanted to see where you set your regulators. So far approx best settings Iíve found is 30CFH He/ 10CFH Ar. Typically I use between a #6-#8 cup and a gas lens when I can. Is 30 CFH on the He too much? I havenít seen a consistent pattern that tells me its too much flow and sucking in air. But sometimes the welds start out with soot even on clean metal. I have also seen some ďmudĒ or what appears to be a skin over the puddle sometimes. That skin seems to burn off or is cleaned off as the puddle heats up. I have noticed that with my baffle chamber that the flow starts out very high because it has a built up chamber of gas with no regulator on the outlet. I try to compensate for the high initial flow by setting pre flow to 2 sec. The regulators on the bottles take over after the first few seconds and Iím sure the flow then is what the regs add up to.

Thanks in advance for any advice,
-Matt
:r ofl:
01-23-2008 07:22 AM
lost I just started using a helium and argon mix to weld some aluminum castings. Iíve had pretty good results so far with a home made mixing canister with baffles inside. My question is what flow rates should I be running on my helium and argon? Iíve been shooting for a 75%He 25% Ar mix. I have been all over the place on flow settings just wanted to see where you set your regulators. So far approx best settings Iíve found is 30CFH He/ 10CFH Ar. Typically I use between a #6-#8 cup and a gas lens when I can. Is 30 CFH on the He too much? I havenít seen a consistent pattern that tells me its too much flow and sucking in air. But sometimes the welds start out with soot even on clean metal. I have also seen some ďmudĒ or what appears to be a skin over the puddle sometimes. That skin seems to burn off or is cleaned off as the puddle heats up. I have noticed that with my baffle chamber that the flow starts out very high because it has a built up chamber of gas with no regulator on the outlet. I try to compensate for the high initial flow by setting pre flow to 2 sec. The regulators on the bottles take over after the first few seconds and Iím sure the flow then is what the regs add up to.

Thanks in advance for any advice,
-Matt
01-23-2008 01:02 AM
chezuki I bet once the "girls" become "women" you'll be in the dark on that one as well.
01-22-2008 08:38 PM
debruins eh the only things i do properly are the things that are worth it hockey and girls all else in life doesnt really matter, well jeeps are up there as a close third
01-22-2008 07:55 PM
MR.CLIFFORD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dare2BSquare View Post
Cool trick, Mr C.

Quote my last post.
The cool kids want to be my friend.
01-21-2008 10:37 PM
Dare2BSquare Cool trick, Mr C.

Quote my last post.
01-21-2008 10:36 PM
Dare2BSquare If Debruins would only take the time to do things properly, he wouldn't find himself being made fun of, OR KILL SOMEBODY!!!
01-21-2008 10:09 PM
Scout
Quote:
Originally Posted by debruins View Post
what good id a welding certification if you dont own a welder? and dont ahve a job where u weld?
asdfghjkl;'''''''''zxcvbnm,./qwertyuiopppp[]\
01-21-2008 10:08 PM
Scout
Quote:
Originally Posted by MR.CLIFFORD View Post
I want to weld some chromoly to mild steel. What is the best welding wire to use?


only asking to find out your answer. I already know the proper response.

4130 filler rod
01-21-2008 09:58 PM
Scoob
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4point View Post
What good is a HS diploma if you still can't spell after 12 years.
LMAO!!!!
01-21-2008 09:41 PM
orange05tj
Quote:
Originally Posted by debruins View Post
what good id a welding certification if you dont own a welder? and dont ahve a job where u weld?
I am going for my cert because I ahve a welder and I ahve a job htat I weld.
01-21-2008 09:40 PM
orange05tj
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4point View Post
What good is a HS diploma if you still can't spell after 12 years.
01-21-2008 09:33 PM
4point
Quote:
Originally Posted by debruins View Post
what good id a welding certification if you dont own a welder? and dont ahve a job where u weld?
What good is a HS diploma if you still can't spell after 12 years.
01-21-2008 09:27 PM
debruins what good id a welding certification if you dont own a welder? and dont ahve a job where u weld?
This thread has more than 30 replies. Click here to review the whole thread.

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:25 PM.



Jeepģ, Wrangler, Liberty, Wagoneer, Cherokee, and Grand Cherokee are copyrighted and trademarked to Chrysler Motors LLC.
Wranglerforum.com is not in any way associated with the Chrysler Motors LLC