|03-08-2012 02:39 AM|
|Dutch 95||Glad to hear it worked!|
|03-08-2012 12:20 AM|
Just to end the thread I want to say that you were right in buying a new switch.
Bought a new one from Oreilly auto parts for $20 and it worked.
Thx again to everyone who pitched in and gave me some direction when I hit multiple dead ends.
|03-03-2012 05:47 PM|
|mcseang||buy a switch|
|03-03-2012 03:08 PM|
|03-03-2012 03:06 PM|
Thx for everyone's help and posts.
I took apart the switch and there doesn't seem to be anything wrong with it. Connections are good, I cleaned and re-greased the inside, copper seems to be very shiny, and I still have to buy a new switch?
and Thx Dutch 95 but thats not neccessary I'll just buy a new one for cheap.
Also, the headlights are new and I don't have any issues with any other lights except for the headlights.
|03-03-2012 02:46 AM|
|Dutch 95||JeepLover1987, this sounds like the switch has gone bad, can't be sure. But, I think I have a spare headlight switch. I'll check in the morning (later today at this point) to be sure. If I do have it, it's yours. I'll touch base with you later today to verify that I have it.|
|03-02-2012 09:07 PM|
|yjJEEPyj||I'm having similar problems.. but my lights just start blinking randomly. Both brights work and on dim works.. I bought both new headlights and then the opposite dim didn't work lol. I switched the lights and the same light was out.. So i know it isn't the lights. Then the other day my Dash lights went out. All fuses are good. So i guess im going to be replacing the switch inside. Let me know if you find out anything. I'll let you know aswell.|
|03-02-2012 07:29 PM|
|c1skout||I've ran into these same symptoms 5 times (on different vehicles). Twice I fixed it by replacing a headlight, twice by replacing the light switch, the 5th vehicle we're still trying to figure out.|
|03-02-2012 07:13 PM|
|mcseang||replace the headlight switch|
|03-02-2012 06:58 PM|
Another Headlight Issue 92' YJ
- Headlights work for about 15-20 minutes then randomly turn on and off.
- Turn on and off faster (about 3 minutes) if I have high beams and low beams on together.
What I've done:
- Checked the fuse/relay in the engine compartment. looks fine 30amp
- Checked under dashboard fuses (all of them) just to make sure. Still all fine.
- Checked wiring at headlamp, connector module, and switch under the dashboard. Cleaned and looks great.
- Also wiggled aggressively while lights are freaking out and got some slight response but still same result.
- Checked both side ground wires. Cleaned both and reconnected.
- Self educated myself with google-ing and youtubing everything. Ended with no help.
- Think it could be a corroded wire that I can't get to?
- Should I just try a conversion kit and if so which one?
- Mechanics and Electric mechanics have no idea whats wrong and wont take the time to sit and watch the headlights go out.... lazy asses.
- what should I do????????