|03-27-2012 06:43 AM|
|MoG_JB||Thanks for the comments, I am on board with Matador on removing the hard top now that Spring has sprung. Thanks again.|
|03-26-2012 09:52 PM|
Welcome to WF.
1. If you're not going to use the soft top for a while, you need to get it out of there and put it as-is into storage. It's a 2 person job for about 15% of it. But you can't lift the hard top off alone without a hoist.
2. That was a good point about the season. Most of us with dual tops have just or are about to make the seasonal switch to just soft-top. If you're going to do that at all this year, you might as well just take the hard top off, remove the soft-top packaging and put it up.
3. Wait for a warm, sunny day. The top material needs to stretch first time it's raised.
4. That black snapped cover that is wrapped around the top is meant to be discarded, according to the manual.
5. Be careful of your fingers lowering the bows.
6. Seriously, it can hurt you.
|03-26-2012 09:30 PM|
|daggo66||It has not changed and it is not "somewhat" installed. Read you manual if your stickers were removed.|
|03-26-2012 09:09 PM|
|realter||Isthat a one person job or 2? I don't see any stickers on mine, have they changed things? If you take off the hard top, is the soft one somewhat installed?|
|03-26-2012 11:00 AM|
There is opportunity for damage if the soft top is left in with the hard top on.
Welcome to WF!
|03-26-2012 09:21 AM|
|Matador||Considering we are now in Spring, I think you should be asking about hard top storage and keep the soft top in the Jeep.|
|03-26-2012 08:45 AM|
|daggo66||Welcome to WF!|
|03-26-2012 08:44 AM|
|daggo66||It needs to come out ASAP, hence the big warning stickers all over it. It is only on there for you to transport home.|
|03-26-2012 08:40 AM|
Soft Top Storage
VERY proud to be a Jeep owner as of this past weekend
Quick newbie question though. My jeep as the dual top group with the hard top on as it sits. The soft top is rolled up on its frame in the back. Other than taking up a lot of room, is it ok to leave the soft top like it is now, or do I need to take it our completely? Thanks in advance for the help.