|06-24-2012 11:43 AM|
there is a guy who posts on craigslist all the time in houstons that he works on jeeps only.
i would think any ac place could fix it for you though, its a very easy system to work on.
|06-24-2012 10:17 AM|
|CajunHiker||Thanks for the info. I took it in for inspection yesterday, but they were having problems with their emissions sniffer. I'll have to try again next week. Still looking for a shop to get my AC working (NW Houston).|
|05-30-2012 05:43 PM|
and this, for you city slickers:
Emission Testing Information
The type of emission test for your vehicle is determined by your location and the age of the vehicle. The information below outlines the criteria, and provides a link to detailed information about the specific emission tests.
El Paso, Travis and Williamson County Motorists
1995 and older vehicles will receive the Two Speed Idle (TSI) test while 1996 and newer vehicles receive the On-Board Diagnostic (OBDII) test.
DFW and Houston/Galveston Area Motorists
1995 and older vehicles will receive the Accelerated Simulation Mode (ASM) test, while 1996 and newer vehicles receive the On-Board Diagnostic (OBDII) test.
|05-30-2012 05:39 PM|
i missed this thread or i would've posted for you.
this is from the texas department of public safety web site:
Texas Department of Public Safety - Inspection Criteria for the Annual SAFETY Inspection
What's Inspected by Vehicle Type Items of Inspection for a Passenger Car
05.01 Inspect Every Passenger Car For: (Listed in suggested order of inspection)
* Check for evidence of Financial Responsibility
2. Windshield Wipers
5. Seat Belts
6. Brakes (system) (Parking - beginning with 1960 models)
8. Wheel Assembly
9. Exhaust System
10. Exhaust Emission System (beginning with 1968 models)
11. Beam Indicator (beginning with 1948 models)
12. Tail Lamps (2); (1) if 1959 model or earlier
13. Stop Lamps (2); (1) if 1959 model or earlier
14. License Plate Lamp (1)
15. Rear Red Reflectors (2)
16. Turn Signal Lamps (beginning with 1960 models)
17. Head Lamps (2)
18. Motor, Serial, or Vehicle Identification Number
19. 1988 & newer - inspect for window tinting or coating
20. Gas caps on vehicles 2-24 model years old.
|05-30-2012 04:34 PM|
Did you ever find someone to help you?
|05-19-2012 05:27 PM|
NW Houston - Need some info please
I need to get my '89 YJ back on the road and need to get a couple of things figured out.
Are backup lights required for inspection?
Does anyone know a reputable shop for doing Jeep A/C work?