|07-19-2012 11:16 PM|
|07-19-2012 11:12 PM|
|07-19-2012 10:16 AM|
|07-19-2012 10:13 AM|
I don't think model year matters as much as when it was built in the model year. Since there's no major changes between 2012 and 2013 I'd suspect hardly any difference between a late build 2012 and an early build 2013. I initially wanted a 2012 since I'd save a ton on Excise tax here in Taxachusetts but could not find one in the color/options I wanted so ended up ordering a 2013. If you can find what you want in a 2012 (and it hasn't been sitting on the lot since last November, check the build date) I'd go with a 2012 as long as you can negotiate a good deal.
|07-19-2012 10:02 AM|
|demarpaint||I'd be glad to pay more for a 2013, as long as I'm certain the ticking head issue has been resolved.|
|07-19-2012 09:59 AM|
|igf1r||Can I ask how much you paid?|
|07-18-2012 07:24 PM|
So I made the move on a 2012. Got it at right at 5% below invoice as best I can tell.
Flame Red Sahara with a body colored Hardtop, Manual Tranny, 373 gears
Other options - Max Tow, Heated Leather, 730 GPS, Connectivity Group, Side Airbags, Trak-Loc, Automatic AC, 7 Spoke Rims.
Loving every minute of it. Top and doors already found a home in my garage...
|07-11-2012 04:55 AM|
|RubiWhite||Man, I sure do wish I had joined this forum and read this thread BEFORE I ordered my 2013. It seemed to be the best way to go however. It was just as you said, there was no RIGHT rubi in my area. So I decided for about 15 bucks a month more over what I would have been paying for the available 2012 rubies I would opt to order the exact jeep I wanted. It's 'in the mail' so to speak!|
|07-05-2012 04:00 PM|
I've followed the 2013 thread. I don't think the additional options are worth several thousand dollars to me if I could get the RIGHT 2012... One question I have had come up now though about 2012's...
The 2013 now lists Trailer Sway Damping as standard. If I am looking at a 2012 with 3.73 gears but no towing package will it have the trailer sway damping? (its an easy fix to add wiring and a receiver, but anti sway I'm assuming is not such an easy fix) I read somewhere that a 2012 owner had not gotten the towing package but read in his manual that he did have anti sway.
|07-05-2012 09:12 AM|
|igf1r||Nothing major new on 13. Pay more with 13 or get a great deal on a left over. Minus some minor changes they will be the same.|
|07-05-2012 08:34 AM|
|pkmcd99||Get a 13. You will be part of the newest jeep crowd and beable to down play all. Lol. The only reason I would wait is to see the additional options if any and determine what year will best suite you.|
|07-05-2012 05:46 AM|
|Cosmic Charlie||If you found what you want on a 12 and you really like Flame Red, then get that one. Personally, I haven't seen anything new on the 13's that would justify a 5 month wait. Get the 12 and start enjoying your summer!!!!|
|07-05-2012 04:03 AM|
|Matty87||would there be much of a difference in price on 2012s they already have vs the 2013s coming? wouldnt mind saving a bit and getting the 2012 if theyll be cheaper, if i can find the one i want that is|
|07-04-2012 09:43 PM|
It would seem that the dealer has the Arctic in question priced right at invoice, give or take $20 or so. The question is how far I can push.....
|07-04-2012 09:02 PM|
|Up Hill Bill||
It's a bit of a chore, but, if you are careful, you will know exactly what invoice is. And you really want to be a totally informed customer when your talking about this kind of money and a vehicle you want to keep for the long run!
If you need help interpreting it, we can help you....
|07-04-2012 07:41 PM|
|Strokerswild||I keep daily drivers 8-10 years typically also....|
|07-04-2012 07:30 PM|
Well so far I've emailed back and forth with 3 internet departments today the best offer I got was somewhere in the neighborhood of 3% below invoice. Which was about 3,500 under MSRP. Probably a decent deal on that jeep, but not enough for me to pull the trigger.
One didn't respond at all. One gave me one response with an offer of What appeared to be invoice and not a penny under. So my low ball offers through email didn't seem to get anybody very excited about moving a unit. Not that surprising, I just don't want to go in and spend time in the dealrships on a long shot.
On the engine thing, who knows... I'll definitely try for a lifetime engine warranty on either my 2012 or 2013. I sure would hope that if they knew they had a head problem (or whatever the specific part is) that they would make a running change as soon as they could get the tooling done. Continueing to make bad engines will cost them not only in repairs but would be a real PR issue. I'm not too concerned abut the engine in a late 2012 vs an early 2013, but if it is fixed the resell on the 2013 could be better.
Since I'll keep this thing 10 years I'm not sure that 2012 vs 2013 will make a huge difference at resell, but I guess it could make a little. I don't think that's enough to make me wait, it's more about if I could have a significant savings now, or if I can't find exactly what I want and have to order
|07-04-2012 03:26 PM|
|07-04-2012 02:31 PM|
|Paveslave||I would say as long as you can find exactly what you want as a 12, then get it now. Otherwise, wait and order the 13 exactly how you want it. Either way, good luck with the hunt!|
|07-04-2012 02:16 PM|
|JeepDawg97||I would like to wait on a 2013 but no Flame Red =( and not sure what this Rock Lobster color will be like.|
|07-04-2012 01:58 PM|
I hear ya. Some say they keep about 2-4 weeks ahead of production. I also read the 2013's are coming through with the new head, shame no one here who works for Jeep will comment. Either way I'll wait until October or so to see how the 2013's are doing. I've waited this long a little longer won't hurt, I hate to scrap the idea all together but I can do that too.
|07-04-2012 01:39 PM|
|07-04-2012 01:34 PM|
|demarpaint||I'm with Ric. I'm waiting on a 2013. I don't mind paying a little more to be sure the 2012 ticking Pentastar issue is history.|
|07-04-2012 12:54 PM|
|Strokerswild||I've seen what the invoice should be via various websites, but where can I look and find the exact number?|
|07-04-2012 12:51 PM|
Why can't you find out what it is ?
That should be easy .....
|07-04-2012 11:02 AM|
|rics1997||The thing about maybe choosing a 2013 over a 2012 is hopefully all the bugs are worked out. Never was keen on first year major changes. Not to mention the value a year from now will still be higher on the 2013 then the 2012. It will always be a year newer even if they were made a week apart.|
|07-04-2012 11:02 AM|
I am suddenly in the same boat - the finally wife caved and I got the OK to buy.
Local dealer has a white '12 Arctic 2-door, with every option I want except automatic trans (not a deal breaker). Pretty decent price (a bit over $2K off sticker), but I wish I knew what invoice was.
I priced out a '13 with the toys I want (with auto), and it'll be about $800 more than the '12. Don't really care if I have to wait.....
|07-04-2012 10:29 AM|
|cmg427||Good luck, 9% below invoice is going to be hard to pull off. 5% is pretty much ep pricing and about the best they can do I believe. Not sure what model your going after but a loaded Rubicon is about $1600 higher for the 13'|
|07-04-2012 10:17 AM|
My current ride is a 1997 jeep Cherokee Sport. I've had it since 99. I've loved it, but I'm really itching to move to a wrangler unlimited. (in my mind a hardtop wrangler unlimited is really the replacement for the Cherokee). You would think you've been in a car 13 years, what's another 4 months, but I've wanted to move on to the wrangler for a while and needed to wait till this summer for a variety of reasons.
As for major repairs I am having the dreaded death wobble that I've been trying to fix, but I'm pretty much ready to just let it go to the next guy who wants to fix it. I've already tried the quick and cheap solutions.
So I made low ball offer on a 2012 that has everything I want plus some. The offer I made was 9% under invoice so we'll see how bad they're wanting to move a 2012.
|07-03-2012 10:00 PM|
|Rocjeepn||Got the '12... and never looked back! Unless it is some special package, or specific color you must have, then wait.. otherwise... PULL THE TRIGGER!!!!|
|This thread has more than 30 replies. Click here to review the whole thread.|