Jeep Wrangler Forum - Reply to Topic
Jeep Wrangler Forum

Go Back   Jeep Wrangler Forum > TJ Jeep Wrangler Forum > TJ General Discussion Forum > After night wheeling thru creek, new issues.

Join Wrangler Forum Today


Thread: After night wheeling thru creek, new issues. Reply to Thread
Title:
  
Message:
Post Icons
You may choose an icon for your message from the following list:
 

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Wrangler Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Additional Options
Miscellaneous Options

Topic Review (Newest First)
09-08-2008 07:43 PM
tazmann910 Look who is talking...master of redneck tie-rods....

You are one of the few who has steering that matches the color of your jeep...lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrnTJ View Post
I agree with everything Jerry said except for one point. You dont need to remove the skid to see the linkage that needs to be adjusted. Thats an extra step that would make the adjustment easier but it isnt really necessary (I did not reomve mine when the t-case needed adjustment). Besides that, get yourself some HD steering!
09-08-2008 06:30 PM
GrnTJ Yea, you are deff. right about that. Aftermarket skids that are used w/ long arm kits (I have the FT long arms) dont leave any room to get in there but the stock one does. So unless you have la's or an aftermarket belly up skid or something like that you should be fine.
09-08-2008 04:30 PM
Jerry Bransford
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrnTJ View Post
I agree with everything Jerry said except for one point. You dont need to remove the skid to see the linkage that needs to be adjusted. Thats an extra step that would make the adjustment easier but it isnt really necessary (I did not reomve mine when the t-case needed adjustment).
That very well could be, I haven't run the factory skidplate in 5 years so it probably gives adequate access to that area as you say. I have to remove mine for pretty much anything I do down there since it's so big. It's a real PITA to get it (Rubicon Express longarm skidplate) off too.
09-08-2008 04:23 PM
GrnTJ I agree with everything Jerry said except for one point. You dont need to remove the skid to see the linkage that needs to be adjusted. Thats an extra step that would make the adjustment easier but it isnt really necessary (I did not reomve mine when the t-case needed adjustment). Besides that, get yourself some HD steering!
09-08-2008 01:46 PM
BlackE1 You may also want to check to make sure your axle is centered under the frame. A bent track bar will cause the steering wheel to be off.
09-08-2008 01:15 PM
Jerry Bransford Yep as Moz said, there's a 99% chance you bent the tie rod... 1% chance you bent the drag link. So far as the transfer case popping out, that's just an adjustment on the linkage that has slipped a tad. Get underneath and remove the t-case skidplate after supporting the tranny first with a jack. Then have someone work the t-case shifter while you look to see how it works and you'll then discover the one adjustment that needs to be made. It's made after loosening a single bolt that is supposed to hold the adjustment but sometimes slips.
09-08-2008 12:49 PM
MOz You probably bent your tie-rod bar. Time to upgrade to a more rugged component and re-align the front end.

My TC disengages once in a while.. I have not gotten around to fix it. I believe it's a linkage adjustment
09-08-2008 12:28 PM
98TJSahara
After night wheeling thru creek, new issues.

While wheeling at night last weekend whenever i hit soft ground (creek bed, 3-4' of water) the TC would pop out. Is this common. It's about the most serious wheelin I have done. It was a pretty sucsessful trip, except I had a to have Yahmaha Rhino pull me out of 4+' of water. Also, now my aligment is off.... sway bar? linkage? what did i do there? It looks ok to the naked eye. It doesnt pull right but the steering wheel is turned 50-60 degrees right.

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:27 AM.



Jeep®, Wrangler, Liberty, Wagoneer, Cherokee, and Grand Cherokee are copyrighted and trademarked to Chrysler Motors LLC.
Wranglerforum.com is not in any way associated with the Chrysler Motors LLC