Jeep Wrangler Forum - Reply to Topic
Jeep Wrangler Forum

Go Back   Jeep Wrangler Forum > General Tech Forums > General Jeep Discussion > Offical Wrangler Forum Jeep Wave Thread

Join Wrangler Forum Today


Thread: Offical Wrangler Forum Jeep Wave Thread Reply to Thread
Title:
  
Message:
Post Icons
You may choose an icon for your message from the following list:
 

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Wrangler Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Additional Options
Miscellaneous Options

Topic Review (Newest First)
Yesterday 05:48 PM
Babasnoopy Naked Aussie coming out this weekend. Thanks for that guide.
Yesterday 03:56 PM
BostonStrong77 ^^^ that should be the sticker on the visors instead of the warning labels!
Yesterday 01:41 PM
laollis
Jeep Wave

Yesterday 11:15 AM
RoadiJeff
Quote:
Originally Posted by black ops 2 View Post
What I don't understand is running around with top up and doors on running the AC. One of best things about a Jeep over other vehicles is the ability to run naked! But...to each their own
The reason we keep ours on the majority of the summer is that with the top off, 95*F and 65+% humidity it is darn uncomfortable. We didn't buy a Jeep to drive it around and be hot miserable and we paid for the AC. It is my wife's DD and I don't blame her one bit for not wanting to drive back and forth to work in a sauna. She says she waves at any Wrangler she see.

I've been known to ride my bicycle 23 miles home from work when it was 108*F but it doesn't have AC. To each their own, as you say.
Yesterday 10:58 AM
mijeeper80 Still like the previous post of the guy was to distracted adjusting his gps, the ac, rear view camera, and talking on his cell phone. Wonder if he was a jeeper, haha just messin, I know people have reasons for why they do it, just feel bad for the jeep more than anything. U know she's screaming take my top off n get me dirty!
Yesterday 10:29 AM
KittyPrawn
Quote:
Originally Posted by Babasnoopy View Post
Haha. I love this. I get looks all the time. In my 25 year old YJ. Fully naked all summer. Me in a suit or at least a tie, blasting country music thorough downtown Boston. But that's why I love my Jeep. It's mine, it looks the way I want it to, and I made it that way with my own two hands. And yes, I'm often a little sweaty when I get to meetings, but my customers always want to come out and check out the "old Jeep".
Yeah, and that's your preference. I'm a female and I smell really bad when I sweat, even with deodorant. I'm not ashamed to admit it, but I'm not going to subject my office and clients to that. If my commute let me go faster than 5 mph regularly, I would probably have the too down more often, but it is what it is.

I also often car pool and if my riders don't want the top down, I'm not going to force them. I'm not that type of person.

I think a lot of times other Jeepers are just too quick to judge, especially without knowing the other person's situation.

Some people aren't modded because they can't afford to. It doesn't mean they aren't a Jeeper.

Some people aren't naked because their current scenario for work or driving doesn't permit them to. It doesn't mean they aren't a Jeeper.

Some people are nervous drivers or distracted drivers or just busy drivers, so they may miss waves sometimes. It doesn't mean they aren't a Jeeper.
Yesterday 10:08 AM
Babasnoopy
Quote:
Originally Posted by KittyPrawn View Post
If you want to sit in bumper to bumper traffic for an hour on your ten mile commute home in 90+ degree heat and high humidity in your business suit, by all means, I won't stop you. I will prefer my AC.
Haha. I love this. I get looks all the time. In my 25 year old YJ. Fully naked all summer. Me in a suit or at least a tie, blasting country music thorough downtown Boston. But that's why I love my Jeep. It's mine, it looks the way I want it to, and I made it that way with my own two hands. And yes, I'm often a little sweaty when I get to meetings, but my customers always want to come out and check out the "old Jeep".
Yesterday 09:28 AM
whitebomber
Quote:
Originally Posted by a.sherry18 View Post
Fair enough! As long as you wave I don't care why people have one. Its one of the best things about owning a jeep!
Oh yeah, wave is a must. And the top is down or off at any opportunity!
Yesterday 07:41 AM
a.sherry18
Quote:
Originally Posted by whitebomber View Post

There are many of us that are Jeep people and just like the awesome look of the Wrangler! I mean it is by far the coolest looking vehicle on the road...

btw here in upstate NY the wave is alive and well thankfully!
Fair enough! As long as you wave I don't care why people have one. Its one of the best things about owning a jeep!
Yesterday 04:44 AM
whitebomber
Quote:
Originally Posted by a.sherry18 View Post
I agree. If you didn't buy it to go off roading, or take the top and doors off why did you buy it? Going to take a wild guess and say not for ride comfort, fuel efficiency or overall practicality of it...
There are many of us that are Jeep people and just like the awesome look of the Wrangler! I mean it is by far the coolest looking vehicle on the road...

btw here in upstate NY the wave is alive and well thankfully!
Yesterday 04:37 AM
KittyPrawn
Quote:
Originally Posted by black ops 2 View Post
I think you bring up a valid point that I was just discussing with a new JKU owner at work. I totally get someone not wanting to take their new $40k Jeep out mudding like I do my 20 year old YJ. What I don't understand is running around with top up and doors on running the AC. One of best things about a Jeep over other vehicles is the ability to run naked! But...to each their own
If you want to sit in bumper to bumper traffic for an hour on your ten mile commute home in 90+ degree heat and high humidity in your business suit, by all means, I won't stop you. I will prefer my AC.
07-29-2014 11:58 PM
Beastmaster It's funny (or not), I pass this guy in a JK almost every day on my way to work. He waves 100% of the time but he's ALWAYS talking on the phone. I'm not talking sometimes but every time. My times vary by only a few minutes so I see him at various points on the road but there has not been a single time that I haven't seen him with a cell phone in his ear.
07-29-2014 10:53 PM
Cameraman
Quote:
Originally Posted by EPM81 View Post

My thoughts exactly. Mine is my DD and unfortunately for me I work at a restaurant that is at a major mall. So my Jeep is in a parking lot with tons of traffic and when I'm not working I'm usually home with my family. Living in NYC (even though it's Queens) there really isn't a feeling of security. So my top isn't down often. Much easier to take out the windows and ride half-naked. Lol.
Same here....and where I work there are a lot of low life thieves. I hooked up a pulley in my garage and most weekends the top and doors are off, but Sunday night the top and doors are back on.
07-29-2014 10:04 PM
EPM81
Quote:
Originally Posted by mijeeper80 View Post
it's not that I don't want to wave at jeeps like yours, it's just that it gets old trying to wave at jeeps that aren't "obvious jeepers" because every time I try to wave at "new jeeps" I get nothing because their mostly doctors or soccer moms so if u don't see me wave that's probably why, no offense, the rule is the newest jeep waves first though so if you wave first I will wave back, specially if yu got the doors n top off
Oh I get the JK soccer mom not waving. But I'm riding a TJ. Obviously not a soccer mom here. Although I got a wave from a JK just the other day. Then again it was a Rubi with bigger tires and a lift so then again it doesn't fall into the 'JK soccer mom' stereotype. I guess I'll just have to move away from NYC to get some waves in return.
07-29-2014 09:59 PM
Jeffcs
Quote:
Originally Posted by a.sherry18 View Post
I agree. If you didn't buy it to go off roading, or take the top and doors off why did you buy it? Going to take a wild guess and say not for ride comfort, fuel efficiency or overall practicality of it...
To be the coolest SUV mall crawling "car" on the block

Me and my ride are topless all summer
It's a jeep thing and they just don't understand

07-29-2014 09:58 PM
mijeeper80
Quote:
Originally Posted by EPM81 View Post
You know it bothers me that some Jeep owners say that they don't wave to un-modded Jeeps. Now while I definitely have some plans to modify my Jeep, those plans most likely won't see any kind of fruition for several years. Modifications are not always cheap and not everyone is able to fab their own equipment. So, therefore for the foreseeable future I will have a mostly stock Jeep. That, however, does not make me any less a Jeep owner than anyone else. I wave at every Jeep I see. It's a comraderie thing, it's like being part of a family. To be excluded because my Jeep is stock is a load of bull.
it's not that I don't want to wave at jeeps like yours, it's just that it gets old trying to wave at jeeps that aren't "obvious jeepers" because every time I try to wave at "new jeeps" I get nothing because their mostly doctors or soccer moms so if u don't see me wave that's probably why, no offense, the rule is the newest jeep waves first though so if you wave first I will wave back, specially if yu got the doors n top off
07-29-2014 09:41 PM
EPM81
Quote:
Originally Posted by flowerfistandbestialwail View Post
This attitude carries over with people who keep their tops and doors on in fair weather, too, for me. Just like not everyone's circumstances allows them to mod right away, not everyone has space to keep their tops and doors while they're off - or the manpower to remove the hard top, for that matter. I was lucky enough to buy a very well taken care of and already modified jeep, but now she'll be lucky to see any big changes for at least another year and a half. If you've got jeep in your blood, that's good enough for me.
My thoughts exactly. Mine is my DD and unfortunately for me I work at a restaurant that is at a major mall. So my Jeep is in a parking lot with tons of traffic and when I'm not working I'm usually home with my family. Living in NYC (even though it's Queens) there really isn't a feeling of security. So my top isn't down often. Much easier to take out the windows and ride half-naked. Lol.
07-29-2014 09:36 PM
black ops 2 For a couple of other responses here, I should add I wave to all Jeeps. It was just an observation on my part of things I don't understand in some Jeep owners. Where I live I see a lot of people driving Jeeps as if they should have bought a hummer. I do understand not being able to mod right away and kids. I've taken my nephew out with one half door in place on the passenger side lol. Anyway....
07-29-2014 09:27 PM
roberthleeii I have started a game with my kids and wife while riding around in the Jeep. It is simple we all wave at any jeep we see. We probably waved at 30 Jeeps today and 0 waved back
07-29-2014 09:15 PM
flowerfistandbestialwail
Quote:
Originally Posted by EPM81 View Post
You know it bothers me that some Jeep owners say that they don't wave to un-modded Jeeps. Now while I definitely have some plans to modify my Jeep, those plans most likely won't see any kind of fruition for several years. Modifications are not always cheap and not everyone is able to fab their own equipment. So, therefore for the foreseeable future I will have a mostly stock Jeep. That, however, does not make me any less a Jeep owner than anyone else. I wave at every Jeep I see. It's a comraderie thing, it's like being part of a family. To be excluded because my Jeep is stock is a load of bull.
This attitude carries over with people who keep their tops and doors on in fair weather, too, for me. Just like not everyone's circumstances allows them to mod right away, not everyone has space to keep their tops and doors while they're off - or the manpower to remove the hard top, for that matter. I was lucky enough to buy a very well taken care of and already modified jeep, but now she'll be lucky to see any big changes for at least another year and a half.

If you've got jeep in your blood, that's good enough for me.
07-29-2014 09:09 PM
BostonStrong77
Quote:
Originally Posted by black ops 2 View Post
I think you bring up a valid point that I was just discussing with a new JKU owner at work. I totally get someone not wanting to take their new $40k Jeep out mudding like I do my 20 year old YJ. What I don't understand is running around with top up and doors on running the AC. One of best things about a Jeep over other vehicles is the ability to run naked! But...to each their own
Totally agree. If it's less than 30% chance of rain and above 50 degrees, the top and doors are off. Or at least the top. Why buy a vehicle that can get "naked" and then don't do it? Yes there are some circumstances that are beyond control, such as a baby in the backseat, but to run all covered up all the time seems like a waste. That being said, I have to become that person as my 4 week old will be riding in my Jeep every day. I'm looking forward to when I can run topless again.
07-29-2014 09:08 PM
jadmt
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fr8dawg View Post
It seems almost ALL jeepers wave in my area... Except soccer moms in JKU's.
I drove thru Spokane on Sunday and it was cool "I did not wave" to at least 10 jeeps It was awesome lol. It was even cooler when I stopped for gas in Liberty Lake and saw two wranglers at the pumps and said "hi" and they were both afraid to make eye contact. My guess is they would have waved like crazy if they were meeting me and cried when I did not wave back, yet neither could not muster up a hi back when parked. Maybe they thought I was asking if they were high lol.
07-29-2014 09:02 PM
EPM81 You know it bothers me that some Jeep owners say that they don't wave to un-modded Jeeps. Now while I definitely have some plans to modify my Jeep, those plans most likely won't see any kind of fruition for several years. Modifications are not always cheap and not everyone is able to fab their own equipment. So, therefore for the foreseeable future I will have a mostly stock Jeep. That, however, does not make me any less a Jeep owner than anyone else. I wave at every Jeep I see. It's a comraderie thing, it's like being part of a family. To be excluded because my Jeep is stock is a load of bull.
07-29-2014 08:55 PM
a.sherry18
Quote:
Originally Posted by black ops 2 View Post

I think you bring up a valid point that I was just discussing with a new JKU owner at work. I totally get someone not wanting to take their new $40k Jeep out mudding like I do my 20 year old YJ. What I don't understand is running around with top up and doors on running the AC. One of best things about a Jeep over other vehicles is the ability to run naked! But...to each their own
I agree. If you didn't buy it to go off roading, or take the top and doors off why did you buy it? Going to take a wild guess and say not for ride comfort, fuel efficiency or overall practicality of it...
07-29-2014 07:54 PM
black ops 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonStrong77 View Post
I have found that you'll get more waves when you run doorless or topless. I guess you're more of a quote unquote Jeeper then.
I think you bring up a valid point that I was just discussing with a new JKU owner at work. I totally get someone not wanting to take their new $40k Jeep out mudding like I do my 20 year old YJ. What I don't understand is running around with top up and doors on running the AC. One of best things about a Jeep over other vehicles is the ability to run naked! But...to each their own
07-29-2014 06:40 PM
catastrofe
Quote:
Originally Posted by slapmypc View Post
Soccer mom's can't wave and text at the same time!
I think you may have hit the nail on the head!!!
07-29-2014 06:17 PM
BostonStrong77 I have found that you'll get more waves when you run doorless or topless. I guess you're more of a quote unquote Jeeper then.
07-29-2014 05:18 PM
Super Jeep 5 for 5 today! And 3 were from jks. Given one was a jku with top and doors off...
07-29-2014 04:55 PM
Big Dawg_270 I feel like pulling their Jeep card when they don't wave. Not true Jeepers!
07-29-2014 04:50 PM
roberthleeii
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Dawg_270 View Post
Definitely not only in the NC! LOL

I just kinda wave with my hand on the steering wheel, two jeep waves today!

You got too love it! It's a Jeep thing!
Quote:
Originally Posted by vnguyen972 View Post
Look about 20 posts above... is that the one?

Updated: LOL never mind!
Thanks guys!!

Sorry for not looking my self.
This thread has more than 30 replies. Click here to review the whole thread.

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:42 AM.



Jeep®, Wrangler, Liberty, Wagoneer, Cherokee, and Grand Cherokee are copyrighted and trademarked to Chrysler Motors LLC.
Wranglerforum.com is not in any way associated with the Chrysler Motors LLC