Jeep Wrangler Forum - Reply to Topic
Jeep Wrangler Forum

Go Back   Jeep Wrangler Forum > TJ Jeep Wrangler Forum > TJ General Discussion Forum > Help a broke teen lift his 2006 Wrangler

Join Wrangler Forum Today


Thread: Help a broke teen lift his 2006 Wrangler Reply to Thread
Title:
  
Message:
Post Icons
You may choose an icon for your message from the following list:
 

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Wrangler Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Additional Options
Miscellaneous Options

Topic Review (Newest First)
06-27-2010 04:10 AM
pakman55
Quote:
Originally Posted by fr0st m0nkey View Post
Where does "daddys credit card" come into play when they are my savings bonds?

Any more input?
So you say your savings bonds because you bought all of them right? Savings bonds are other peoples money given to you. I hope you understand that.
06-27-2010 12:28 AM
mjfitzner I just installed the rough country 3.25" lift (That lift is the 2.5" progressive coil lift and a .75" spacer lift). The lift cost me $175 off craigslist but off rough country its around $380. Ive got 31" BFG A/T tires and I think it looks great. I would recommend a decent lift when you do it just so you dont look back and regret your decision later.
06-19-2010 12:22 PM
bobjenkins this thread makes me sad. op doesnt appreciate prob the best gift he will ever reviece in his life...



Quote:
On average regearing would cost 500 an axle and you DO need both unless you never shift to 4 wd again.
lol
06-19-2010 07:51 AM
Scout You are correct again!
06-19-2010 12:06 AM
wasurfer86
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scout View Post
You are correct. And now you've discovered the reason he no longer posts that vomit on this forum.
i didnt realize how old this thread was until after i made that post. so the reason that one axle being geared different then the other wont work is because one axle will be turning at a faster or slower speed right? even though 4wd isnt engaged the front wheels are still turning which means that the gears are still moving right? ive learned quite a bit in the short time ive been a member.
06-18-2010 11:04 PM
Scout
Quote:
Originally Posted by wasurfer86 View Post
correct me if im wrong here but dont you have to re-gear both axles regardless of whether you plan on using 4wd?
You are correct. And now you've discovered the reason he no longer posts that vomit on this forum.
06-18-2010 10:35 PM
wasurfer86
Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple88a View Post
you might be okay with 33 with 3.07 for the road. I have 3.73s and 35s and for the road i get even better mpg since now instead of me revving to 2.5k at 60 mph, i am now at 1700 rpm. The little loss of power doesnt bug me because if i want to overtake, or accelerate quickly, i just run it on a lower gear.

On average regearing would cost 500 an axle and you DO need both unless you never shift to 4 wd again.
correct me if im wrong here but dont you have to re-gear both axles regardless of whether you plan on using 4wd?
06-18-2010 09:48 PM
Bsaint jeeps for looks...they look their best in the woods
06-18-2010 09:03 PM
TJDave
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pontiackid87 View Post
lol i just saw that. i feel like a real idiot.
Forget about it! I was just messing with you..actually the poster above you started it.
06-18-2010 08:53 PM
Pontiackid87
Quote:
Originally Posted by TJDave View Post
You just answered a 2 year old question. I think his lift is on already.
lol i just saw that. i feel like a real idiot.
06-18-2010 08:48 PM
TJDave You just answered a 2 year old question. I think his lift is on already.
06-18-2010 08:33 PM
Pontiackid87 Personaly dude. my grandmother bought me my TJ and i couldent be any more thankful. she bought it for me close to a month ago and i still thank her twice a day for it its an 02 APEX eddition it was lifted with all the other beels and wistles when i got it but personaly i think you should leave it the way it is.. i wish my jeep was stock because it makes it easyer to work on. jeeps are already a deep pocket on gas and if you just want a lift to drive over parking blocks your basicley just lifting it to get yourself a reckless driving ticket. lifting is strictley good for off road use. on road its a pain. it makes the MPG even worse. The thing dances on you more easly than it does stock. lift's are expensive and could make more things prone to breaking if not done right. and you dont want your jee being called (and excuse my language) and abacrombie faggiot jeep) basicley meaning you lifted your jeep to look cool but dont even intend to use if for what its realy ment for. same meaning as a ricer almost. Drive your jeep and have fun with it dont go pushing your limmit's with it because thats how youngster's end up with the rubber off the road. plus jeeps are also very capable vehicals stock.

Not to mention what the guy above me said is right. i have 33's on mine with a 5 speed and my jeep struggels to hold 75MPH in 4th gear i rareley ever see 5th.
06-18-2010 08:01 PM
domeshots in all honestly just get a budget boost dude. im in the same boat college, broke a $hit, and make about 70 bucks a week after gas and hardee's tis like $40. ive got this gig converting vhs to dvd for old people and im going to make about $200. When it's over im getting my 2 inch BB and it will be worth every penny
10-20-2008 04:37 PM
Triple88a
Quote:
Originally Posted by charliefoxtrot View Post
this kid gets a free jeep. I had to give up some body parts for mine.....
Me? free jeep? no man, i paid every last bit of it with my own money.

As giving up body parts.. isn't prostitution is illegal there?
10-20-2008 10:28 AM
emev0l If you only want it for looks, and you don't care about flex, off roading, gas milage, or anything else but the looks, you can buy a budget 2in coil spacer with shocks and a 3in body lift and fit 35in tires.

I would never do this to my jeep and never suggest anyone do this if they plan on doing anything other than driving on pavement. If your sure your not going to beat this thing up then your axles will be fine with 35s. If you off road a Jeep with stock axles and 35in tires you will wreck your axles. Just know if you run 35s your jeep will get horrible gas mileage with the stock gears and it will be much slower and your going to hate it.

If you were going to take this jeep off road, I would suggest driving on your current tires until you kill them, by the time there gone you will have enough money saved up to buy a 4in suspension lift and 33in tires and some decent wheels.

Nobody here is going to like it that you take a $15,000 Jeep and do a half assed lift job on it. Your resale value will suck and I think your really missing out on off roading, have you ever gone?
10-15-2008 12:00 PM
charliefoxtrot
Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple88a View Post
aahhhh i can see where this is going... soon we will have a thread, "help my wife install the lift for me since i'm away..."
hey, i like my thread idea. Who doesnt want to help a lazy guy buy gas, or a lazy soldier get a lift. haha.

this kid gets a free jeep. I had to give up some body parts for mine.....
10-14-2008 08:28 PM
Buc Knaked
Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple88a View Post
aahhhh i can see where this is going... soon we will have a thread, "help my wife install the lift for me since i'm away..."
yes now your catchin on hahah
10-14-2008 08:24 PM
Triple88a
Quote:
Originally Posted by charliefoxtrot View Post
can we make a "HELP A BROKE SOLDIER LIFT HIS JEEP" thread?
aahhhh i can see where this is going... soon we will have a thread, "help my wife install the lift for me since i'm away..."
10-14-2008 08:23 PM
Buc Knaked oh wait that is obamas plan for America hahaha
10-14-2008 08:20 PM
Buc Knaked how about

Help a lazy bum with gas cuz he doesn't want to work thread hahaha
10-14-2008 08:19 PM
Buc Knaked
Quote:
Originally Posted by charliefoxtrot View Post
seems like it might work
i think it will.
10-14-2008 04:20 AM
charliefoxtrot
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buc Knaked View Post
i like it hahaha
seems like it might work
10-14-2008 12:00 AM
Buc Knaked
Quote:
Originally Posted by charliefoxtrot View Post
can we make a "HELP A BROKE SOLDIER LIFT HIS JEEP" thread?
i like it hahaha
10-13-2008 09:52 PM
charliefoxtrot can we make a "HELP A BROKE SOLDIER LIFT HIS JEEP" thread?
10-13-2008 09:51 PM
charliefoxtrot
Quote:
Originally Posted by whitebuffalo View Post
exactly what i did do. bust my ass, save like hell, and do it a little at a time. if you're just going for looks anyway, just do a budget boost.
that is the way it is done.
10-13-2008 05:24 PM
Buc Knaked maybe im the only one that drives like a mad man hahaha
10-13-2008 12:43 AM
Triple88a
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buc Knaked View Post
come on dude your still in college you dont gotta lie to kick it
i am in college too

yeah i love picking out everything wrong my gf does when driving. I also love pointing out everything obvious there is on the road. "Thats a red light over there" "You stop at the red light"
10-12-2008 11:50 PM
fr0st m0nkey My girlfriend drives and scares the shit out of me so I make it a point to drive extra slow whenever she's riding with me, lol.
10-12-2008 11:33 PM
Buc Knaked
Quote:
Originally Posted by fr0st m0nkey View Post
I'm already the biggest, nazi, gas saving, grandpa driver that you'll ever meet lol. I'm constantly getting the bird from people as they pass me lol.


come on dude your still in college you dont gotta lie to kick it
10-12-2008 11:17 PM
fr0st m0nkey
Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple88a View Post
3.73s... but it really depends on your commute and your driving style. I accelerate slower, and keep it pretty constant speed which is why my mpg went up however if you accelerate to get to the next red light first and stop and then repeat to the next light again, it will be worse for you and you will not see gains, you will see drop in mpg from what you're getting now.
I'm already the biggest, nazi, gas saving, grandpa driver that you'll ever meet lol. I'm constantly getting the bird from people as they pass me lol.
This thread has more than 30 replies. Click here to review the whole thread.

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:56 PM.



Jeep®, Wrangler, Liberty, Wagoneer, Cherokee, and Grand Cherokee are copyrighted and trademarked to Chrysler Motors LLC.
Wranglerforum.com is not in any way associated with the Chrysler Motors LLC