Jeep Wrangler Forum - Reply to Topic
Jeep Wrangler Forum

Go Back   Jeep Wrangler Forum > General Discussion Forums > Off-Topic > Maybe George Isn't an Idiot

Join Wrangler Forum Today


Thread: Maybe George Isn't an Idiot Reply to Thread
Title:
  
Message:
Post Icons
You may choose an icon for your message from the following list:
 

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Wrangler Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Additional Options
Miscellaneous Options

Topic Review (Newest First)
10-17-2008 08:11 AM
erickpl
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dare2BSquare View Post
Congress has a single digit approval rating. But, let's just see how many of them are tossed out come November 4. If you are going to complain about it, and give the opinion that you do not agree with what they are doing, why send them back for another term?!

Remember the definition of INSANITY.
Keep in mind, one of those in that Congress with single digit approval ratings is going to be the next president...

I KNOW there has to be better options out there...
10-17-2008 07:16 AM
jupiterboy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Dirt View Post
Jupiter, I understand your frustration, but you're too fatalistic. Your argument is basically, I won't fight because I'll lose anyway. The odds are against me. That's just not my style. I'll fight the good fight just to fight it. I believe in fighting against the odds. Sometimes, it makes all the difference and can even inspire other to join in. Big things start small.
Um, not to be dull, be re-read my post. I don't think that is what I said at all.
10-17-2008 03:51 AM
Joe Dirt
Quote:
Originally Posted by jupiterboy View Post
I know this sounds crazy, but I had a good friend in school that always said "it is all aesthetics". What he meant was that we are on a big ship and we can't separate ourselves from the fate of the group, even if we do things right. Therefore, the act of doing things right is ultimately so that life feels better—not so desperate and stupid. Problem is, the more refined and integrated you become the more you are separated from your peers.
Jupiter, I understand your frustration, but you're too fatalistic. Your argument is basically, I won't fight because I'll lose anyway. The odds are against me. That's just not my style. I'll fight the good fight just to fight it. I believe in fighting against the odds. Sometimes, it makes all the difference and can even inspire other to join in. Big things start small.
10-16-2008 12:39 PM
tiny terror Oh.. dear... lord...
10-16-2008 12:35 PM
MOz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unlimited View Post
What are you talking about, I keep my whole body shaved. Ummm, err, maybe I've said too much.......
You were talking too much in the video too...bad habits are tough to break I guess.
10-16-2008 12:33 PM
Unlimited
Quote:
Originally Posted by MOz View Post
Yes, I saw the video. Who hasn't?

You should really shave your legs next time...damn, that's just wrong.
What are you talking about, I keep my whole body shaved. Ummm, err, maybe I've said too much.......
10-16-2008 12:30 PM
MOz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unlimited View Post
Did you see the video?
Yes, I saw the video. Who hasn't?

You should really shave your legs next time...damn, that's just wrong.
10-16-2008 12:27 PM
tiny terror Twister. Unlimited cheats at it.
10-16-2008 12:22 PM
Unlimited
Quote:
Originally Posted by MOz View Post
So you're saying the boys at MIT are some how above standards? That they do not need to conform to the requirements of main stream society? That it's acceptable to have double standards for the priveldged and they are not accountable?
Well Duhhhhhhhh...........

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOz View Post
Sir, I find your position lacks proper justification.
How do you know about my position...... Did you see the video?
10-16-2008 12:06 PM
tiny terror
Quote:
Originally Posted by MOz View Post
Sure... I understand.

So when did you say that's going to happen?

Maybe tomorrow. Not sure.




10-16-2008 12:00 PM
MOz Sure... I understand.

So when did you say that's going to happen?
10-16-2008 11:55 AM
tiny terror
Quote:
Originally Posted by MOz View Post
Come on Tiny, don't hold anything back now.

I have to set a good example sometimes you know.
10-16-2008 11:52 AM
MOz
Quote:
Originally Posted by tiny terror View Post
So many things I wish to say.....
Come on Tiny, don't hold anything back now.
10-16-2008 11:49 AM
tiny terror
Quote:
Originally Posted by MOz View Post

Sir, I find your position lacks proper justification.

So many things I wish to say.....
10-16-2008 11:42 AM
MOz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unlimited View Post
We're talking MIT here.... They don't need no stinkin' sticker!
So you're saying the boys at MIT are some how above standards? That they do not need to conform to the requirements of main stream society? That it's acceptable to have double standards for the priveldged and they are not accountable?

Sir, I find your position lacks proper justification.
10-16-2008 11:17 AM
Unlimited
Quote:
Originally Posted by MOz View Post
No disrepect to the boys at MIT, but I did not see where they cited their calibration of their instrumentation and I clearly see no current calibration sticker on their network analyzer.... I don't see a reference to an approved/reviewed test protocol either but I'm being picky I suppose.

I'm afraid their data is invalid and is for reference purposes only.
We're talking MIT here.... They don't need no stinkin' sticker!
10-16-2008 11:04 AM
MOz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unlimited View Post
I'll get right on that.... I'll create, er, umm, find a wiki on it for you. I'll get back to you with a link soon.

Ok, so there's no real documentation on Chossudovsky's personal use of a tin hat, However, he is often quoted by those who embrace the practice. Guilt by association? Perhaps, or perhaps not. What the man does in the sanctity of his own home is entirely up to him.

Along these lines however is this study by the boys at MIT: On the Effectiveness of Aluminium Foil Helmets:An Empirical Study

You might find it interesting and informative.....




On the other hand, Cain's use of the tin hat is well documented and has been studied by some of the greatest minds in the world. I'd include a link to the scientific, peer reviewed documentation, but HIPAA rules mandate that it be kept confidential (plus the fact that tiny would kick my ass ).

Besides, Dr. Rockso doesn't wear a tin hat, silly.....

No disrepect to the boys at MIT, but I did not see where they cited their calibration of their instrumentation and I clearly see no current calibration sticker on their network analyzer.... I don't see a reference to an approved/reviewed test protocol either but I'm being picky I suppose.

I'm afraid their data is invalid and is for reference purposes only.
10-16-2008 10:37 AM
Unlimited
Quote:
Originally Posted by jupiterboy View Post
You tell me. You make an interesting claim. Can you provide peer-reviewed published research documenting Michel Chossudovsky's use of a tin hat?
I'll get right on that.... I'll create, er, umm, find a wiki on it for you. I'll get back to you with a link soon.

Ok, so there's no real documentation on Chossudovsky's personal use of a tin hat, However, he is often quoted by those who embrace the practice. Guilt by association? Perhaps, or perhaps not. What the man does in the sanctity of his own home is entirely up to him.

Along these lines however is this study by the boys at MIT: On the Effectiveness of Aluminium Foil Helmets:An Empirical Study

You might find it interesting and informative.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOz View Post
I think we have peer-reviewed published proof of CCAIN's use of a tin hat.

(I completely forgot about this picture).

Quote:
Originally Posted by jupiterboy View Post
But the interwebz is just tubes, and photoshop, and how do I even know that it is CCAIN and not Dr. Rockzo?

On the other hand, Cain's use of the tin hat is well documented and has been studied by some of the greatest minds in the world. I'd include a link to the scientific, peer reviewed documentation, but HIPAA rules mandate that it be kept confidential (plus the fact that tiny would kick my ass ).

Besides, Dr. Rockso doesn't wear a tin hat, silly.....

10-16-2008 09:38 AM
tiny terror
Quote:
Originally Posted by jupiterboy View Post
But the interwebz is just tubes, and photoshop, and how do I even know that it is CCAIN and not Dr. Rockzo?

Oh christ, you're right. I'd better check..... yup, it's Cain. (don't ask, you don't want to know )
10-16-2008 07:44 AM
jupiterboy
Quote:
Originally Posted by MOz View Post
I think we have peer-reviewed published proof of CCAIN's use of a tin hat.

(I completely forgot about this picture).
But the interwebz is just tubes, and photoshop, and how do I even know that it is CCAIN and not Dr. Rockzo?
10-16-2008 06:56 AM
MOz I think we have peer-reviewed published proof of CCAIN's use of a tin hat.

(I completely forgot about this picture).
10-16-2008 05:26 AM
jupiterboy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unlimited View Post
The Centre for Research on Globalisation? The tin hat people? The same ones who published and support the theory that 9/11 was orchestrated and carried out by the US government? This is a joke right?
You tell me. You make an interesting claim. Can you provide peer-reviewed published research documenting Michel Chossudovsky's use of a tin hat?

غربزدگی
10-15-2008 11:44 PM
tiny terror
10-15-2008 11:36 PM
Unlimited I was kinda expecting the Cain picture to surface......
10-15-2008 11:30 PM
tiny terror Quick, Unlimited took his tin hat off. Someone wrestle it back on...



just keepin' an eye on the thread so things don't get out of hand
10-15-2008 11:27 PM
Unlimited The Centre for Research on Globalisation? The tin hat people? The same ones who published and support the theory that 9/11 was orchestrated and carried out by the US government? This is a joke right?
10-15-2008 10:35 PM
Dare2BSquare As a resident of the home state of Wal-Mart, I hate those bustards. I would rather do business anywhere but there.
10-15-2008 08:47 PM
richp
Quote:
Originally Posted by tiny terror View Post
Problem is Dare, you're part of the solution, but part won't cut it. Everyone has to do it. And as much as I LOVE what Joe said, I know there's too many people who would rather head over to Walmart and purchase which ever product catches their eye, China or America. Doesn't matter.
Guilty in part, you can't beat walmarts price on 5 quart containers of Mobil-1 high mileage oil, Mobil-1 filters, Remington and Federal .22's, Federal 12ga, thats about it.
10-15-2008 06:57 PM
jupiterboy The book, in the form I was involved with it, is fully footnoted and documented. Do what you will.

http://www.globalresearch.ca/articles/HAS505B.html
10-15-2008 06:39 PM
Unlimited
Quote:
Originally Posted by jupiterboy View Post
Actually, I have five well documented scholarly essays, based on papers that were peer reviewed. I do not, however, have the authors permission to post those essays, nor do I want google searches for those authors names to link to a Wrangler forum.
So to summarize: You are in possession of documentation that backs up your argument, you are just not willing to share it. I'm expected to take your word for it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jupiterboy View Post
If you want to understand the situation then you can follow up on the wiki information. If you look for much information on this issue you will quickly discover that it is in the process of being documented, so scholarly peer-reviewed papers are about all that you get.
The fact of the mater is that it is not well documented, other than on non-reliable sources. There are no available studies, peer reviewed or otherwise, to back up your assertions. The UNESCO web site has a history of being biased and not a reliable source of information. Scholarly peer-reviewed papers would be wonderful, however, there are none in any of the multiple online libraries that I have access to.


Quote:
Originally Posted by jupiterboy View Post
Jaffe Center for Book Arts

Follow this link, and you can, for $25 obtain a catalog that will contain the essays and footnotes to referenced scholarly papers. I was handling the essays in a preliminary form and I can make no promises as to the content contained in the final catalog.
Um.... Ok. I'll buy the book, but I doubt that it will contain anything.

A quote from linked page: "There are books of poems and disturbing works which chronicle the last tragic years of Iraqi history: the Saddam years, the effect of sanctions during the 1990s, and after 2003, the continuing human suffering, and the physical destruction of the places which contain the tangible roots of Iraqi identity and culture."

Seems to me that the problem with their system started well before "we bombed them back to the middle ages"

Quote:
Originally Posted by jupiterboy View Post
For the record, forums like this are full of opinions that are not explicitly labeled opinions.
True, but you are making statements that imply facts. Re-read your posts in this thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jupiterboy View Post
Your point is foolish, in my opinion.
Your opinion is foolish, that is my point...

Quote:
Originally Posted by jupiterboy View Post
It is not my job to educate you, although I've gone a long way down this path.
True, it is not your job to educate me (I pay a lot of money for that). However, you assumption that you have done anything to educate me is arrogant. You have provided nothing but your opinion and "facts" that cannot be authenticated. The only education you have provided is about who you are, nothing more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jupiterboy View Post
I suggest you satisfy your own curiosity and not rely on forum posts. If you read a statement that sits sideways, look into it yourself for your own betterment.
I never view forum posts as anything but entertainment and a possible source of information. One thing I've learned is to never trust completely the statements of a single person unless they have a proven track record. I research the heck out of everything, often to a fault.

I thought the statement you made about education and westernization was a very interesting one, so I started researching it. When I found nothing to back it up, I challenged you to provide a reference. You could not. I never meant for this to be an antagonistic exchange, you are the one who made it such.

//Peace
This thread has more than 30 replies. Click here to review the whole thread.

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:31 PM.



Jeep®, Wrangler, Liberty, Wagoneer, Cherokee, and Grand Cherokee are copyrighted and trademarked to Chrysler Motors LLC.
Wranglerforum.com is not in any way associated with the Chrysler Motors LLC