Jeep Wrangler Forum - Reply to Topic
Jeep Wrangler Forum

Go Back   Jeep Wrangler Forum > YJ Jeep Wrangler Forum > YJ General Discussion Forum > Need Help finding a part

Join Wrangler Forum Today

Thread: Need Help finding a part Reply to Thread
Post Icons
You may choose an icon for your message from the following list:

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Wrangler Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:


Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Additional Options
Miscellaneous Options

Topic Review (Newest First)
12-22-2012 08:42 AM
harleydragon sounds like the rubber grommet needs replacing
12-21-2012 10:46 PM
sierchio the elbows (ccv valve or pvc valve whatever you want to call it) the napa part number is 630-1076 and 630-1078 and the grommets... the part that goes underneath the ccv valve is 630-1411
09-17-2012 11:51 AM
jokerchief462 I had that problem and it was noticed by the smog guy. My hose was too short and pulling the valve out of the valve cover. Anyway it should stay in and be snug
09-17-2012 01:17 AM
brandocommando I bought a new PCV Valve and stuck it in. It fits but not very snug. As soon as I got the engine running and moved it from the car port to the garage, it was popped out again. $4 unnecessarily spent and the Grommet is still in good condition. Any suggestions on how to get it to fit in a little better, I'm a little weary to use tape to make the valve a little thicker so it stays in because oil and tape usually makes a mess. Is it supposed to pop out if there is pressure, or could I use a little silicone sealant to get the valve to stay in the grommet?

Thanks for the help Kik and Joker!
09-16-2012 04:39 PM
kik If you have an 89 4.2 the PCV is one piece that fits into a rubber grommet on the valve cover. Like joker said for the 2.5.
09-16-2012 03:21 PM
brandocommando Thanks, I'll check and see, maybe the new PCV valve comes with the connecting part. I know that the Haynes Manual shows a piece that functions as a connector.
09-16-2012 02:10 PM
jokerchief462 Nothing in the parts book I have for the 89 for all engines. It only shows the grommets, PCV Valve and on the 2.5 a filter (Ventilator) in the other hole. So take a look at the replacement PCV and see if it fits neatly into the grommet. Best I got.
09-16-2012 02:03 PM
Need Help finding a part

Hi, I've been having problems with my YJ recently since I've been driving it a lot more for school than I was before not to mention I was in an accident last fall and couldn't afford to take it to a shop and get it all fixed up. Anyways, my top priority right now is the PCV valve on my YJ blew out and was spewing oil and when I looked in my Haynes manual there is a plastic piece that fits between the Grommet and the PCV valve, but I asked at some shops and tried to look in the manual but could not find the part or even a name for it.

If any one knows what this part is, where to find it, and/or a quick remedy I can do to hold it in place until I get the proper piece, please let me know!

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:43 AM.

Jeep®, Wrangler, Liberty, Wagoneer, Cherokee, and Grand Cherokee are copyrighted and trademarked to Chrysler Motors LLC. is not in any way associated with the Chrysler Motors LLC