|11-12-2012 10:46 PM|
|11-12-2012 10:30 PM|
|11-12-2012 10:28 PM|
|11-12-2012 10:17 PM|
|Moabrubi||Everything has pretty much been covered except for don't use your brakes to stop unless you have to. When you push the brakes your tires will lock up making a berm of sand in front of them. After that you might get stuck.|
|11-12-2012 10:15 PM|
|Spencer11496||Well my "dunes" are just a place where contraction companies dig out sand…it's in Albany, GA. What gear should I be in when going up? Do I need to change gears or just choose a gear and go?|
|11-12-2012 09:48 PM|
|Rolly32||Dang! you are lucky! In my area we have a beach but it is illegal to drive on the dunes of South Padre Island. They "boobie trap" the dunes.. They basically fill the dunes with old cars and junk. There are nice trails out on ranches but those ranches are privately owned.. You gotta know somebody to wheel in the ranches. Otherwise you'll get shot for trespassing lol|
|11-12-2012 09:36 PM|
- Always go straight up and straight down a dune.
- When you get stuck, dont try and drive out or else you will just sink to the axles if anything try to back out of the potential hole.
- keep momentum, the more speed you keep going up a dune, the better off you are.
- Air down, dont go to 20lbs go to 11-13lbs, you need to spread out the tires.
- Dont make to tight of fast turns or you may loose a bead on the tires.
- Park on flat land or downhill.
- if you start scaling dunes, turn with the way the sand pushes you, do not turn into the push of the sand when you are sideways on a dune.
I dont think I left anything out. Have fun and be safe out there.
|11-12-2012 09:12 PM|
Are you talking Silver Lake?
Man, can't wait to get up there.
|11-12-2012 08:47 PM|
Teach a kid how to drive…off road
So I got me a sport that's a 5spd and all we got around here are sand dunes, mud and 2wd trails in the woods, the dunes would be fun I just don't know how to drive up a dune! I know to air down tires and a locker would help, but I still don't know how to get up the mountain of sand! Thanks!