Jeep Wrangler Forum - Reply to Topic
Jeep Wrangler Forum

Go Back   Jeep Wrangler Forum > General Discussion Forums > Off-Topic > Tell George Thanks....

Join Wrangler Forum Today


Thread: Tell George Thanks.... Reply to Thread
Title:
  
Message:
Post Icons
You may choose an icon for your message from the following list:
 

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Wrangler Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Additional Options
Miscellaneous Options

Topic Review (Newest First)
01-27-2009 09:07 PM
txjustin
Quote:
Originally Posted by skeeter View Post
You weren't going to post in the Bush bashing thread and yet you keep posting the stuff that thread was going to be for in this thread. Sometimes you make no sense.
Everyone that doesn't like Bush needs to back out of this thread, if you wish to discuss him then start another thread but use a better title.
No I wasn't because it was more of an inside conversation between a few people rather than a discussion of Bush. Thanks for the advice though skeet
01-27-2009 09:06 PM
txjustin
Quote:
Originally Posted by ccain View Post
The very first line of your post is all that is asked by this thread. Tell "W" "thanks" for his service.

I could go on and on, but in the spirit of this thread I wont. But, I bet you couldn't tell me ONE good thing the man did. I bet you sure could climb all over my back with the bad stuff. Again, than you mainstream media. The same thing that is going on in Iraq.

And, as far as the economy. Well, just chalk it up to the following: greed, having to pay for a global conflict and not cashing in on the gifts and favors we have given to other countries!
Yes I could tell you several things he did that I thought were good. It has nothing to do with the mainstream media, I can come to my own conclusions.
01-27-2009 08:59 PM
skeeter
Quote:
Originally Posted by txjustin View Post
Why was the "Bush Bashing" thread closed? I wasn't going to post in it but it's pretty biased that you can praise him in this thread but can't talk bad about him in that one.
You weren't going to post in the Bush bashing thread and yet you keep posting the stuff that thread was going to be for in this thread. Sometimes you make no sense.
Everyone that doesn't like Bush needs to back out of this thread, if you wish to discuss him then start another thread but use a better title.
01-27-2009 08:45 PM
ccain
01-27-2009 08:33 PM
tiny terror Hey Cain..... how you doin'?
01-27-2009 08:24 PM
ccain
Quote:
Originally Posted by txjustin View Post
To start with thanks for your service. But, you didn't prove anything to me on the subject of Bush. True, the media does hype stuff up more than they should but the way the economy is speaks for itself. When you hold a position as high as President whether you are directly or indirectly involved is something is of no consequence...you are responsible. Now, I'm sure he is the nicest man in the world, but that has little to do with the economy.
The very first line of your post is all that is asked by this thread. Tell "W" "thanks" for his service.

I could go on and on, but in the spirit of this thread I wont. But, I bet you couldn't tell me ONE good thing the man did. I bet you sure could climb all over my back with the bad stuff. Again, than you mainstream media. The same thing that is going on in Iraq.

And, as far as the economy. Well, just chalk it up to the following: greed, having to pay for a global conflict and not cashing in on the gifts and favors we have given to other countries!
01-27-2009 05:15 PM
cavediverjc
Quote:
Originally Posted by tiny terror View Post
I think Skeet was just trying to see if you would ban him... kinda kinky if you ask me
Kinky is when you use a feather, perverted is when you use the whole chicken!!
01-27-2009 04:38 PM
amy I think you're right. A paddle is more fun than a ban stick, though.
01-27-2009 04:33 PM
tiny terror
Quote:
Originally Posted by amy View Post
I closed it because I'm a big meanie-head. See what it says directly under my name? That says it all.
Besides, just because he's sleeping with a moderator doesn't mean Skeeter can get away with being trollish. And, yes, I am allowed to say that about him. He's my troll.

I think Skeet was just trying to see if you would ban him... kinda kinky if you ask me
01-27-2009 04:31 PM
amy
Quote:
Originally Posted by txjustin View Post
Why was the "Bush Bashing" thread closed? I wasn't going to post in it but it's pretty biased that you can praise him in this thread but can't talk bad about him in that one.
I closed it because I'm a big meanie-head. See what it says directly under my name? That says it all.
Besides, just because he's sleeping with a moderator doesn't mean Skeeter can get away with being trollish. And, yes, I am allowed to say that about him. He's my troll.
01-27-2009 04:23 PM
txjustin
Quote:
Originally Posted by tiny terror View Post
The thread was closed because of the wording. Bashing. There is no need to bash President Bush. If one would like to create a thread about what presidents of the past have done wrong during their administration, go for it. But to specifically look to simply bash someone is both foolish and unproductive, sort of like the Jessica Simpson thread. And please bring facts that are not regurgitated crap heard from a friend of a friend. That's like giving advice on wheeling when your wheels have never touched dirt.

Bush screwed up, so did Clinton, so will Obama. There have been no specific "let's bash" Obama threads. There have been negative threads about him where both sides were left to hash it out. This however was to thank a man who stepped up to the plate and served his country. When those who want to simply "bash" him serve as the leader of the free world then feel free to sit there and declare his service worthless.

Like I said, thanking someone does not mean I agree with every aspect of how they did the job. Bush served this country. And when Obama is done serving his country, I will thank him just the same. He stepped up to do a job very few of us would have the ability or desire to do.

Very understandable on why the thread was closed. I try to bring facts with everything that I say.
01-27-2009 04:17 PM
tiny terror The thread was closed because of the wording. Bashing. There is no need to bash President Bush. If one would like to create a thread about what presidents of the past have done wrong during their administration, go for it. But to specifically look to simply bash someone is both foolish and unproductive, sort of like the Jessica Simpson thread. And please bring facts that are not regurgitated crap heard from a friend of a friend. That's like giving advice on wheeling when your wheels have never touched dirt.

Bush screwed up, so did Clinton, so will Obama. There have been no specific "let's bash" Obama threads. There have been negative threads about him where both sides were left to hash it out. This however was to thank a man who stepped up to the plate and served his country. When those who want to simply "bash" him serve as the leader of the free world then feel free to sit there and declare his service worthless.

Like I said, thanking someone does not mean I agree with every aspect of how they did the job. Bush served this country. And when Obama is done serving his country, I will thank him just the same. He stepped up to do a job very few of us would have the ability or desire to do.
01-27-2009 03:57 PM
txjustin
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4point View Post
Free Speech? We allow you to exist!?
Lol, I know...I was being sarcastic.
01-27-2009 03:48 PM
4point
Quote:
Originally Posted by txjustin View Post
So we have no right of free speech now?!!!!!(lol)
Free Speech? We allow you to exist!?
01-27-2009 03:44 PM
txjustin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unlimited View Post
You are missing the point! This thread is not about praising anyone..... It's about thanking someone for eight years of public service. Please stop trying to make it into something it is not!
So we have no right of free speech now?!!!!!(lol)
01-27-2009 03:42 PM
txjustin
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2much View Post
^^^ Wrong. the economy should be completely independent of the govt.
If you think that will ever happen you are living in a fairytale.
01-27-2009 02:59 PM
chezuki
Quote:
Originally Posted by txjustin View Post
Why was the "Bush Bashing" thread closed? I wasn't going to post in it but it's pretty biased that you can praise him in this thread but can't talk bad about him in that one.
x2

There have been numerous threads bashing Obama that haven't been closed.

That thread was created to keep the negative stuff out of this thread.
01-27-2009 02:58 PM
Unlimited
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unlimited View Post
This was not started as a political thread... it just got turned into one by people who missed the point.
Quote:
Originally Posted by txjustin View Post
Why was the "Bush Bashing" thread closed? I wasn't going to post in it but it's pretty biased that you can praise him in this thread but can't talk bad about him in that one.
You are missing the point! This thread is not about praising anyone..... It's about thanking someone for eight years of public service. Please stop trying to make it into something it is not!
01-27-2009 02:40 PM
2much ^^^ Wrong. the economy should be completely independent of the govt.
01-27-2009 02:17 PM
txjustin
Quote:
Originally Posted by ccain View Post
HERE-HERE!!!! Agreed!

Here's my take on the whole thing. I guess I'm a little biased as I have met the man. Hell, it's not like we discussed foreign policy over beers, but I did get to meet him (twice... A whole 'nother story there). I consider myself to be a decent judge of character. I mean, look who I live with and who I wheel with and consider to be one of the best friends I've had since the military.

99.9% of the people who spew out their dislike for ANYONE who is in a high profile position is just mimicking the rhetoric they hear from the mainstream media. There are those few who actually have informed opinions and you know who you are

But DON'T get me started on the media. I watched them (in real time on the ground) trying to fabricate events to suit their agenda.

I watched as the report came out that the Marines had gone into Fallujah. Funny damn thing that we were ramping up for the attack to take place, but it was scheduled days later. I'll never forget it. We had a satellite and watched CNN (who was always against the conflict in Iraq from the get go) flash "Marines invade Fallujah. Marine casualties are high" in their ticker as they show a plume (a single plume) of smoke. It's also funny that since we were within helicopter distance and were one of the few Medical Units on the ground at the time, we weren't busy at all.

I went out to the smoke pit and had noticed that same plume. Since, at the time, I was NO WHERE near Fallujah, I asked the other guys if that looked familiar to them. They said "yes". We went back in and looked close at the TV just as the camera man zoomed in. You could CLEARLY see the "Army" private standing there with his shovel as he continued to burn trash! My Captain told us that someone needs to run over there and inform that guy that he is in the middle of what CNN called the heaviest resistance yet to be faced in Iraq!

Long story, but I use it just to prove a point. If you don't like President Bush because your views have been implanted there by the media, then you should get off the couch and quit lemming about. Because, most of the people who bark about "misconduct and corruption" fail to see that they are participating in it.

To start with thanks for your service. But, you didn't prove anything to me on the subject of Bush. True, the media does hype stuff up more than they should but the way the economy is speaks for itself. When you hold a position as high as President whether you are directly or indirectly involved is something is of no consequence...you are responsible. Now, I'm sure he is the nicest man in the world, but that has little to do with the economy.
01-27-2009 02:15 PM
txjustin Why was the "Bush Bashing" thread closed? I wasn't going to post in it but it's pretty biased that you can praise him in this thread but can't talk bad about him in that one.
01-27-2009 12:17 PM
ccain
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unlimited View Post
This was not started as a political thread... it just got turned into one by people who missed the point.

HERE-HERE!!!! Agreed!

Here's my take on the whole thing. I guess I'm a little biased as I have met the man. Hell, it's not like we discussed foreign policy over beers, but I did get to meet him (twice... A whole 'nother story there). I consider myself to be a decent judge of character. I mean, look who I live with and who I wheel with and consider to be one of the best friends I've had since the military.

99.9% of the people who spew out their dislike for ANYONE who is in a high profile position is just mimicking the rhetoric they hear from the mainstream media. There are those few who actually have informed opinions and you know who you are

But DON'T get me started on the media. I watched them (in real time on the ground) trying to fabricate events to suit their agenda.

I watched as the report came out that the Marines had gone into Fallujah. Funny damn thing that we were ramping up for the attack to take place, but it was scheduled days later. I'll never forget it. We had a satellite and watched CNN (who was always against the conflict in Iraq from the get go) flash "Marines invade Fallujah. Marine casualties are high" in their ticker as they show a plume (a single plume) of smoke. It's also funny that since we were within helicopter distance and were one of the few Medical Units on the ground at the time, we weren't busy at all.

I went out to the smoke pit and had noticed that same plume. Since, at the time, I was NO WHERE near Fallujah, I asked the other guys if that looked familiar to them. They said "yes". We went back in and looked close at the TV just as the camera man zoomed in. You could CLEARLY see the "Army" private standing there with his shovel as he continued to burn trash! My Captain told us that someone needs to run over there and inform that guy that he is in the middle of what CNN called the heaviest resistance yet to be faced in Iraq!

Long story, but I use it just to prove a point. If you don't like President Bush because your views have been implanted there by the media, then you should get off the couch and quit lemming about. Because, most of the people who bark about "misconduct and corruption" fail to see that they are participating in it.
01-27-2009 10:08 AM
Unlimited
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2much View Post
Man I'm gone for a couple of weeks, and you guys start the political threads without me.... dang!....
This was not started as a political thread... it just got turned into one by people who missed the point.
01-27-2009 09:10 AM
txjustin
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2much View Post
Man I'm gone for a couple of weeks, and you guys start the political threads without me.... dang!



I'm sorry for all your losses, its been a rough couple of years for alot of people.
My question is how can you blam all the bad stuff that has happened to you on the govt, especially on a conservative govt who is or less govt. interference in the econonomy, (which is a debate for a different day or thread).
Anyway, hope things get better for you.
Easy, when you hold that office you are in turn taking blame for anything that happens. Is it all his fault? No. Is a lot of it his fault? IMO, yes. Now, I do thank him for his service because there is no way I would ever want a "job" like President.
01-26-2009 10:21 PM
2much Man I'm gone for a couple of weeks, and you guys start the political threads without me.... dang!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sliseno View Post
Maybe my post was a little harsh, but I went to that site and saw all these people praising this man,it is hard to say thank you to the man that was in charge the last 8 years and in that time ive lost my house, my job, and most of my investment money. It just bothers me when he can stand up and say he did a good job,and is proud of what he did. I just want him to be responsible for the mistakes that he did make. Again, he was the man in charge.Thats all.
I'm sorry for all your losses, its been a rough couple of years for alot of people.
My question is how can you blam all the bad stuff that has happened to you on the govt, especially on a conservative govt who is or less govt. interference in the econonomy, (which is a debate for a different day or thread).
Anyway, hope things get better for you.
01-26-2009 02:13 PM
jpdocdave cain, loved the story, i think its great it made it on that site.
01-26-2009 01:44 PM
sliseno If you say so..whatever.
01-26-2009 01:24 PM
cavediverjc
Quote:
Originally Posted by sliseno View Post
Maybe my post was a little harsh, but I went to that site and saw all these people praising this man,it is hard to say thank you to the man that was in charge the last 8 years and in that time ive lost my house, my job, and most of my investment money. It just bothers me when he can stand up and say he did a good job,and is proud of what he did. I just want him to be responsible for the mistakes that he did make. Again, he was the man in charge.Thats all.
No one's telling you that you have to like the man. In fact, no one's telling you that you HAVE to state your opinion in this particular thread. This is a thread that allows those of us who can see through the media BS to say thanks to our former Commander-In-Chief. Go elsewhere and troll if this topic isn't up to your speed.
01-26-2009 12:09 PM
tiny terror Cain's story is up on the thank you W site.

Citizens Profile: Impressions on the heart | ThankW.com
01-23-2009 05:56 PM
tiny terror By the way guys, since he hasn't gotten around to telling everyone, Cain was contacted by the site last night. He's going to be interviewed and featured in an article.
This thread has more than 30 replies. Click here to review the whole thread.

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:55 AM.



Jeep®, Wrangler, Liberty, Wagoneer, Cherokee, and Grand Cherokee are copyrighted and trademarked to Chrysler Motors LLC.
Wranglerforum.com is not in any way associated with the Chrysler Motors LLC