|09-01-2014 12:09 PM|
|SteelThrillsseeker||Ok, I ask because I'm not savy in a garage or on a computer. I'll have to pay someone to do the work. I'd like Mickey Thompson mtz's 35 inch with stock 18 wheels and stock fenders. I don't want to cut or rub for that matter. Will I have to lift? What would I need exactly?|
|09-01-2014 11:16 AM|
Hi, here is my jeep and my friends.
Red one is mine, 33's with 3" lift
Silver is my bud's, 35's with level kit, rubi springs and 1" BL
|09-01-2014 10:38 AM|
The thing with Lifts are that they AREN'T practical for all, i also feel about 95% of people use it for just for looks, while the other 5% actually get use out of a lifted vehicle.
lifting a vehicle is the same as lowering one. for everyday drivability it's not the most convenient.
|09-01-2014 09:31 AM|
|09-01-2014 09:20 AM|
Just another point to consider...
Don! Long time, no type!
|09-01-2014 09:07 AM|
|08-29-2014 09:11 PM|
|Old Dogger||^^^Dana 60s.......|
|08-29-2014 08:55 PM|
Just a couple of observations after reading this thread, for whatever its worth.
SHAWN3R, your Jeep is bad ass. Very well done.
I hope the person in the JKU with a 1" front lift, and 35s, on that video, didn't brag about making that obstacle with just a 1" lift. I don't know if I would call that "making it". Kind of looked like he was driving by "brail", and feeling his way along the rocks with the bottom of his Jeep, to me.
I think the minimal lift fad has gone a little too far. I went that route on a couple of Jeeps, and I don't think it works as well off road as a Jeep with a decent amount of lift. The advantage of minimal lift is really just minimal expense. It doesn't work better, or look better, it just cost less.
Here's a couple of photos of some Jeeps I've owned with minimal lift, and the Jeep I own now with a decent lift. The current Jeep works a whole lot better off road.
2010 JKR w/ 2 1/2" lift and 35s
2011 JKUR w/ 2 1/2" lift and 37s. I later put flat fenders on this Jeep.
2014 JK w/ 3 1/2" lift and 35s
So really, for minimal additional lift, you get much better off road function, at least from what I've seen.
|08-29-2014 06:19 PM|
|08-29-2014 05:06 PM|
Flat fenders, new front bumper and new rear tire carrier is all that is needed. People stop feeding others false info.
|08-29-2014 04:55 PM|
|JKsurfer||Anyone one else with more input on this? I really love the look of 35's with no lift. I have an aftermarket bumper already and am looking to try this out.|
|05-28-2014 06:50 AM|
|Asphalt Assault||I think it can be done just setup is crucial re wheel back spacing and need flat fenders.|
|05-27-2014 09:54 AM|
|05-27-2014 08:42 AM|
|05-26-2014 08:52 PM|
|donmeca2020||its not required to trim the seams with the 2014s from what i read. as for NEEDING a lift, no one NEEDS one. people only want one for aesthetics and or if you plan on doing some hardcore offroading. for light to mild off roading you can easily throw some 17 inch wheels and the 315/70/17s on without problem.|
|05-26-2014 12:11 AM|
|n3tfury||^^Damn that is nice.|
|05-25-2014 09:02 PM|
|05-25-2014 09:01 PM|
|05-25-2014 08:58 PM|
37s with 3
|03-13-2014 10:10 PM|
|SPEC-V||Dang all those 35s look really really tight in there... lol|
|03-09-2014 12:02 PM|
and before and after
|03-09-2014 11:57 AM|
Everything worked great.Trimmed the front splash guard under front bumper .Im going with a stubby bumper as soon as I figure out which one....
Had to trim the rock sliders in the back.....
absolutely no rubbing street wise...
Love the look and drives just like before.I can notice a slight difference in power .Not bad....in six gear on interstate...up hill....I don't have to downshift but it doesn't have the pep it did with the stockers.
These are bushwacker flats and fuel boost 16x8 and toyo 35x75x16 at2
|03-06-2014 01:28 AM|
|03-05-2014 09:02 PM|
|RedNeckRanger||im fixing to see how mine does with no lift.installed the flats the other night.35 s will be here Friday .|
|03-05-2014 08:10 PM|
this is just 18/59 coils. 35/12.50/17 fierce attitudes. Zero rub on the road and just a touch when i disco
|03-05-2014 08:10 PM|
|03-05-2014 07:59 PM|
|03-05-2014 07:26 PM|
the latter is my JK on 35s, with no lift. I installed smittybilt flats, a stubby & trimmed the pinch seam. No rubbing for normal street driving, which is where it'll be staying, until the funds for the lift become available.
Fresh install today... 35x12.5x15 Goodyear MTR Kevlar + 15x8 Level 8 Trackers
Discount Tire Direct really hooked me up. Absolutely recommend them!
2008 Unlimited Rubicon
Rampage Stubby Front
NO LIFT (yet)
|07-03-2013 11:08 PM|
|06-27-2013 11:35 PM|
My brother in law just picked up this bad boy.... im so jealous
And here is a pic for you guys with auto sway bar disconnects. ..... maybe think twice about a manual one
|This thread has more than 30 replies. Click here to review the whole thread.|