Jeep Wrangler Forum - Reply to Topic
Jeep Wrangler Forum

Go Back   Jeep Wrangler Forum > JK Jeep Wrangler Forum > JK General Discussion Forum > Dietech/Quadratech mirrors

Join Wrangler Forum Today


Thread: Dietech/Quadratech mirrors Reply to Thread
Title:
  
Message:
Post Icons
You may choose an icon for your message from the following list:
 

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Wrangler Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Additional Options
Miscellaneous Options

Topic Review (Newest First)
05-18-2014 09:09 AM
Sucker Punch My brackets arrived in great shape. They were bubble wrapped and nothing was bent. I would highly recommend them. I got the bestop mirrors for mine

Aftermarket DieTech Offroad Jeep JK Relocation Brackets With Bestop Highrock Side View Mirrors - YouTube
03-30-2014 09:44 PM
JKmedicPA Mine were in about 7 layers of small bubble wrap, wrapped separately and put in the same box. I think that is ok however there should be another medium in there. Like stuff some news paper in the box, put one in, stuff more newspaper in the box, put the other, top of with newspaper and tape up and ship.
03-30-2014 05:16 PM
Y-Guy I had one bent post in mine too, they need to stop mounting them when they ship them. Had they taken them off and put them in a plastic pouch they would have been fine. They shipped a replacement right out, but none the less it took another week - and I wanted my doors off.
03-30-2014 03:35 PM
JerryJeepster
Quote:
Originally Posted by JKmedicPA View Post
Well I pulled the trigger and got the brackets and the mirrors. Brackets Die Tech obviously and the Quadratec Mirrors. Since I have the power mirrors in the JK I am just going to be locktiteing everything together. I just picked up some M8 x 1.25 40mm length Hex heads from HomeD to hold them together. However I have one small problem first and I am waiting to hear back from Die-Tech but I will be calling in the AM on monday!

I go my brackets from UPS and I have to say they are awesome however they are poorly packaged!!! I read on here that someone got brackets that were bent, well mine showed up bent as well. I have to say I don't think that this is a problem with die tech shipping them bent, however, a problem with them shipping. I think that they are getting bent bouncing around with other boxes and against each other in their own box!

I am going to see how they feel about me bending them back a little so I can at least use them for the few days of nice weather we will be getting while they ship replacements.






The other bracket is bent just as bad however the part where the door nuts screw in through hinges isn't bent on that one.

I will edit and post when everything is done up and I hear back from them!

No pics of the mirrors because well Rick from Quadratec did a great job helping with my order and it shipped great! With the exception of FedEx letting it sit around for 3 days because the driver decided he wanted to quit.
Mine were bent as well and they sent replacement parts out right away. They definitely can do a better job at packaging.
03-30-2014 02:44 PM
JKmedicPA Well I pulled the trigger and got the brackets and the mirrors. Brackets Die Tech obviously and the Quadratec Mirrors. Since I have the power mirrors in the JK I am just going to be locktiteing everything together. I just picked up some M8 x 1.25 40mm length Hex heads from HomeD to hold them together. However I have one small problem first and I am waiting to hear back from Die-Tech but I will be calling in the AM on monday!

I go my brackets from UPS and I have to say they are awesome however they are poorly packaged!!! I read on here that someone got brackets that were bent, well mine showed up bent as well. I have to say I don't think that this is a problem with die tech shipping them bent, however, a problem with them shipping. I think that they are getting bent bouncing around with other boxes and against each other in their own box!

I am going to see how they feel about me bending them back a little so I can at least use them for the few days of nice weather we will be getting while they ship replacements.






The other bracket is bent just as bad however the part where the door nuts screw in through hinges isn't bent on that one.


I will edit and post when everything is done up and I hear back from them!

No pics of the mirrors because well Rick from Quadratec did a great job helping with my order and it shipped great! With the exception of FedEx letting it sit around for 3 days because the driver decided he wanted to quit.
08-06-2013 09:56 AM
JerryJeepster
Quote:
Originally Posted by NHflannelman12JK76CJ5 View Post
For those who use the Q-Tech Relocation ones - it looks like they give a filler plate for the full door - just a little circle. Does anyone have experience with it? It doesn't look like it requires the plate to be welded on - so I'm curious how it stays (magnetic?).

thanks,
I imagine it bolts up just like factory. I didn't want to keep removing the factory mirrors for risk of scratching the doors. I just bought an additional set of mirrors.
08-06-2013 09:21 AM
NHflannelman12JK76CJ5 For those who use the Q-Tech Relocation ones - it looks like they give a filler plate for the full door - just a little circle. Does anyone have experience with it? It doesn't look like it requires the plate to be welded on - so I'm curious how it stays (magnetic?).

thanks,
08-06-2013 09:15 AM
JerryJeepster
Quote:
Originally Posted by Y-Guy View Post
It took me another month from my last post to finally get the parts needed and the doors off. The mirrors from AutoandArt on Amazon are great, I can't tell there is any vibration of the mirrors even on some rougher roads in town.

The only frustration I had was dealing with Die-Tech. They are not exactly fast nor good about communication, the product itself is fine though. The frustration I had with them is the steel pin/screw that connects to the mirror and into the hinge on one of mine was bent from the shipping. I did suggest to them they should be shipped with the pin/screw removed as the weight of the mirrors the the brutes shipping had probably bent it. Beyond the bent pin I was irritated that I had emailed them 3 times, with no reply and called once. I was about ready to call Visa and have the charge put into dispute, that day I got a call and they apologized for not replying sooner. I get they are a small business and were probably on vacation, but change your voice mail, use email auto-reply - even a small business can look like a big business with a few simple tools. In the end they got the spare part out and I'm good to go.

Mirrors and the Die-Tech mounts are rock solid and look factory! I'm a happy camper. Thanks to those that posted earlier with your experiences.
Same happened to me. They did however get right back to me and shipped the new one out right away. I bought qtec mirrors and o e vibrates. I will try to get them to replace it. I love the mounts and they're solid!
08-05-2013 11:42 PM
Y-Guy It took me another month from my last post to finally get the parts needed and the doors off. The mirrors from AutoandArt on Amazon are great, I can't tell there is any vibration of the mirrors even on some rougher roads in town.

The only frustration I had was dealing with Die-Tech. They are not exactly fast nor good about communication, the product itself is fine though. The frustration I had with them is the steel pin/screw that connects to the mirror and into the hinge on one of mine was bent from the shipping. I did suggest to them they should be shipped with the pin/screw removed as the weight of the mirrors the the brutes shipping had probably bent it. Beyond the bent pin I was irritated that I had emailed them 3 times, with no reply and called once. I was about ready to call Visa and have the charge put into dispute, that day I got a call and they apologized for not replying sooner. I get they are a small business and were probably on vacation, but change your voice mail, use email auto-reply - even a small business can look like a big business with a few simple tools. In the end they got the spare part out and I'm good to go.

Mirrors and the Die-Tech mounts are rock solid and look factory! I'm a happy camper. Thanks to those that posted earlier with your experiences.
07-03-2013 03:59 PM
DirtyTeddy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ggg View Post
Just another cheaper idea I use on my TJ, and it works as just well on JK's as well. I use a pair of long stem Harley mirrors. Insert them into the upper hinge and tighten the nut, done. I paid $10 for a used pair on ebay, and I used some left over wrinkle finish black paint to color them.
Can you post a picture of those please? I'm looking to do the same thing
07-03-2013 02:24 PM
Y-Guy I gave up on CongoAutoworld/TruckChamp as they don't have the passenger side mirror in stock it appears. I did use the part number that they showed on their website and after some googeling I found some for sale on Amazon. I'm always suspicious of 3rd party vendors on Amazon or even eBay. But they quickly shipped my mirrors and I'm tracking them, should have them in hand by July 5th. I bought them from AutoandArt on Amazon. Two pack for $65.92 with free shipping. Spiderwebshade should be here soon too.

New Side Mirror - OEM: 55077967AC, OEM: 55077966AC, Pair Set : Amazon.com : Automotive
06-15-2013 10:01 AM
Ggg Just another cheaper idea I use on my TJ, and it works as just well on JK's as well. I use a pair of long stem Harley mirrors. Insert them into the upper hinge and tighten the nut, done. I paid $10 for a used pair on ebay, and I used some left over wrinkle finish black paint to color them.
06-10-2013 05:00 PM
Y-Guy I thought I'd give a quick update. I called to place an order for mirrors, took the guy a few to understand I was asking for the price from online, at first he wanted to cut me a killer deal and give me both for $100, then I pointed him to their ebay store and the price of $32.80 each. Of course just after that he tells me the passenger side is sold out and he's not sure how long it will be before they get any in stock. I'll check back in a week. Thanks for the heads up on this deal.
03-26-2013 08:31 PM
stryke-force I use the dietech mounts and they work great. Had some brand...I think lange, and I didn't care for them at all.
03-26-2013 06:39 PM
Creepin__Jeeper There ya go! I have ordered from that company before so maybe they saw that I spent a few bills with them and gave me a little extra?... anyway the ones I ordered shipped out today and should be here in by weeks end so I will post back in here.

I realized that I kinda thread jacked here and that's not like me, maybe I should start my own thread for the super cheap replacement mirrors and help out other Jeepers who might need these.
03-26-2013 12:33 PM
kramer2k Sweet! Just called up that place and got a pair of mirrors for my Bestop Highrock Element doors for $64 shipped.
03-25-2013 06:42 PM
Creepin__Jeeper
Quote:
Originally Posted by kramer2k View Post
That's great! Thanks.

I am now in need of a replacement set for my Bestop Highrock Element doors I just ordered. These should fit the bill nicely. And I won't need the Dietech mounts.


What number did you call and please teach me how to be awesome to save a few dollars. . What'd you say to them?

I'm just not afraid to ask for a little extra discount when I order stuff. You will be surprised what some stores or shops will give just for asking

The ebay store that those are listed by is actually Quality Discount Truck Accessories and SUV Accessories - TruckChamp. I just did a Google search for L.O.F inc (seen in the pictures) and I found the company that way, I called up truck champ 1-888-244-5908 and talked with Lindsey she was really helpful in checking inventory and setting up the order, I asked her if I ordered them over the phone and didn't buy through eBay and paypal which ends up costing them money from the listing fee's and such if she could offer me these any cheaper and she said I can work out something for you she said she could do them for $58 shipped and I said Okay! within moments I had an email order confirmation and she said once they ship out tomorrow I will get tracking info.

Maybe someone there can do the same for you... Best of luck and I'll update this with my thoughts on the new mirrors.
03-25-2013 06:30 PM
Creepin__Jeeper
Quote:
Originally Posted by greech View Post
Outstanding!! Thanks for finding and posting that. For $65, it is worth at least checking them out. Now all I need to do is find the screws to mount them to the DieTech brackets.
The best advice I can give you is drive to an ace hardware or a small hardware store, not a home depot or lowes pop out one of your factory mirror bolts and take it inside with you to size it up and get 4 matching bolts, they don't have to be the torx head. Once you have them you can assemble the new setup and your good to go, Dont forget to put the stock bolt back in your door tho!
03-25-2013 06:11 PM
greech
Quote:
Originally Posted by Creepin__Jeeper View Post
For those of you looking for a set of replacement mirrors check these out! I called the company and talked with customer service and got them even cheaper because I rock! I got em for $58 for the pair including shipping

Overstock Sale Side View Mirror Driver Left LH Manual Textured | eBay

Overstock Sale Side View Mirror Passenger Right RH Manual Textured | eBay

That price is crazy cheap and for someone who wants a spare complete set of mirrors to pop in for when the doors come off this is the solution for them! Pair these with the Dietech mounts and you have a bad ass setup for under $130
Outstanding!! Thanks for finding and posting that. For $65, it is worth at least checking them out. Now all I need to do is find the screws to mount them to the DieTech brackets.
03-25-2013 03:29 PM
kramer2k That's great! Thanks.

I am now in need of a replacement set for my Bestop Highrock Element doors I just ordered. These should fit the bill nicely. And I won't need the Dietech mounts.


What number did you call and please teach me how to be awesome to save a few dollars. . What'd you say to them?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Creepin__Jeeper View Post
For those
of you looking for a set of replacement mirrors check these out! I called the company and talked with customer service and got them even cheaper because I rock! I got em for $58 for the pair including shipping

Overstock Sale Side View Mirror Driver Left LH Manual Textured | eBay

Overstock Sale Side View Mirror Passenger Right RH Manual Textured | eBay
03-25-2013 03:03 PM
Creepin__Jeeper For those of you looking for a set of replacement mirrors check these out! I called the company and talked with customer service and got them even cheaper because I rock! I got em for $58 for the pair including shipping

Overstock Sale Side View Mirror Driver Left LH Manual Textured | eBay

Overstock Sale Side View Mirror Passenger Right RH Manual Textured | eBay

That price is crazy cheap and for someone who wants a spare complete set of mirrors to pop in for when the doors come off this is the solution for them! Pair these with the Dietech mounts and you have a bad ass setup for under $130
02-19-2013 02:49 PM
SaltySeats Ahhh yea disregard total brain fart on my end! Wasn't looking at the DieTech part properly.
02-19-2013 02:43 PM
JerryJeepster Here a picture of a factory bracket and the Dietec bracket. The mirror bracket slides into the two holes and secures with two bolts. Hope this helps.

Attachment 211888
02-19-2013 01:50 PM
SaltySeats I figured the connecting arm would use the same style hardware as the stock mirrors and would connect to the DieTech the same way.
02-19-2013 01:46 PM
SaltySeats No I haven't purchased either yet.
02-19-2013 12:39 PM
JerryJeepster It doesn't look like it to me. I bought the Dietec mounts and the Quadratec mirrors for my 12. Do you already have the mirrors??
02-19-2013 11:35 AM
SaltySeats Would you be able to use the following mirrors with the DieTech mounts?


http://www.quadratec.com/products/13111_03X0_PG.htm
02-13-2013 09:37 AM
JerryJeepster Update: I contacted Dietech lastnight by email and they are shipping a new set today with a return label for the damaged ones. Great customer service but the packer should have never sent those out. Especially two damaged ones to the same customer. Lol
02-12-2013 07:35 PM
JerryJeepster
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsamptrail View Post
I looked high and low, searched the forums and finally decided on the following. I must say that I am totally impressed with the quality, workmanship, design and overall look. These brackets and mirrors allows you to use the factory location of the mirrors as it was designed.

I ordered the Black Highrock OE Mirrors

Then I ordered the DieTech OffRoad JK Mirror Brackets - The instructions are very detailed.

Bolted the two together.

Once bolted together I mounted them on the Jeep. Just needed to loosen the middle 13mm bolt in the upper door hinge and tighten once installed. Secure the nut on the bottom of the mirror post.

Fyi. I had the following supervising the whole operation.

Bella

Brody
I wish I could agree on the quailty. Got mine a minute ago and the paint is chipped on one and the thread end of pin is bent. I also figured they would have included screws. I may be sending them back and rethinking other options. On another note, my Quadratec mirrors look great!!



Attachment 209198



Attachment 209199
02-08-2013 05:18 PM
Quadratec The Quadratec Mirrors will be on par with the Bestop HighRock Mirrors.

Both are in stock, PM me for a Promo Code
This thread has more than 30 replies. Click here to review the whole thread.

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:02 PM.



Jeep®, Wrangler, Liberty, Wagoneer, Cherokee, and Grand Cherokee are copyrighted and trademarked to Chrysler Motors LLC.
Wranglerforum.com is not in any way associated with the Chrysler Motors LLC