|02-24-2013 07:27 PM|
Traction control is part of the ESC system.
|02-24-2013 06:56 PM|
EVIC = Electronic Vehicle Information Center
ESC = Electronic Stability Control
|02-24-2013 06:29 PM|
|OilfieldTrash||Ok I got it.. But what does "evic" and "esc" stand for?|
|02-24-2013 03:16 PM|
|02-24-2013 12:41 PM|
|OilfieldTrash||All i have is traction control.|
|02-24-2013 09:44 AM|
|xcoaste||On my '13 the esc button is on the center cluster, below the temp. controls.|
|02-24-2013 09:43 AM|
The ESC button is on the dash under the heater/AC controls.
If you wish to turn off the HSA system, follow this procedure:
1. Start with the engine off and vehicle in PARK (automatic transmission) or NEUTRAL with clutch out (manual transmission) with wheels straight. Apply parking brake on manual transmission vehicle.
2. Start the engine.
3. With the engine running, the brake applied, and the clutch out, rotate the steering wheel 180° counterclockwise from center.
4. Press the ESC OFF switch four times within twenty seconds.
5. Rotate the steering wheel 360° clockwise (180° clockwise from center).
6. Cycle ignition switch OFF then ON.
7. If the sequence was completed properly, the “ESC Activation/Malfunction Indicator Light” will blink several times to confirm HSA is off.
Steps 1-7 must be completed within 90 seconds to turn off
HSA. Repeat steps 1-7 to re-enable HSA functionality
|02-24-2013 09:34 AM|
|OilfieldTrash||Oh I have a 2011 jk manual shift, manual windows. Its not the fancy model with the screen and all the buttons.|
|02-24-2013 09:20 AM|
EVIC and ESC
Can someone please tell a little about them. I read a post about the HSA and Im really wanting to turn it off. But im not sure what the esc button is...