Jeep Wrangler Forum - Reply to Topic
Jeep Wrangler Forum

Go Back   Jeep Wrangler Forum > General Tech Forums > General Jeep Discussion > "Silly" things people have said about your Jeep.

Join Wrangler Forum Today


Thread: "Silly" things people have said about your Jeep. Reply to Thread
Title:
  
Message:
Post Icons
You may choose an icon for your message from the following list:
 

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Wrangler Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Additional Options
Miscellaneous Options

Topic Review (Newest First)
Today 10:10 AM
Toasty A few incidents all in one day.

1. Guy at a red light rolls his window down.. "hey man, does that snorkel work?"
Me: yeah..
Guy: cool!
Me: yep lol
Guy: okay bye! *peels out*
Me: lol what?

2. Driving down the street COMPLETELY filthy covered in mud, dirt, sand, tree branches, the works! Guy flags me down. I roll down my window.
Guy: hey, do you go offroading?
Me: not at all, man. I hit a gnarly puddle back there...
Guy: huh?

3. While washing the Jeep in the front lawn of a buddy's house. Someone walking by...
Civilian: that your Jeep?
Me: yes sir, it is.
Civilian: that a real snorkel?
Me: what's a fake snorkel? 0_o
Civilian: well does it really go into the air intake?
Me: yeah, it's a snorkel lol.
Civilian: oh, I thought it was just for looks.
Me: definitely real!

Attachment 1284009
07-07-2014 05:59 PM
Aftermath53 When the jeeps naked my wife calls it a redneck convertable.
07-07-2014 01:43 PM
Ben133 One time I was in a parking lot and an old lady pulled in next to me ad she looks up to me and says wow your really high up there aren't you. Ha the funny thing is I only have a 2.5 inch lift
07-07-2014 12:15 PM
jadewolf
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toasty View Post
You should've told him, yeah, as long as you don't remove the trail rated badge you'll be fine. Lol
Haha! Love it.

He parks next to me in the office garage sometimes. If you listen closely, you can almost hear my Jeep laughing.
07-07-2014 09:16 AM
Toasty You should've told him, yeah, as long as you don't remove the trail rated badge you'll be fine. Lol
07-07-2014 09:14 AM
Toasty
Quote:
Originally Posted by jadewolf View Post
Another time, one of the users we do IT support for came up to me and told me he was looking into buying a Jeep, too. So, I took him out to lunch in my JK and rhapsodized about the joy that comes from having a Jeep. The next week he comes up to me, all excited, and tells me that he just bought his new Jeep! So, we go out to the parking lot to look at it... it's a brand new Jeep Liberty. My reaction was something akin to: ".........uhhh?"

Then he tells me he wants to put low profile tires on it and big rims. And then asks me if I think it'd still be good to take it up in the mountains with those tires.

I was at an uncommon loss for what to say, lol.
Lmfao. I just literally laughed out loud at work
07-05-2014 01:37 PM
JE01
Quote:
Originally Posted by jadewolf View Post
Coworker of mine is big into VWs, has one of those little GTIs and is in a club that goes out on weekends and drives like maniacs through the winding mountain roads. He asked me the other day if Jeep owners got together to do "canyon runs" like that too. I laughed and told him that Jeep "canyon runs" involve a lot less pavement than his cruises down Malibu Canyon Road, lol! Another time, one of the users we do IT support for came up to me and told me he was looking into buying a Jeep, too. So, I took him out to lunch in my JK and rhapsodized about the joy that comes from having a Jeep. The next week he comes up to me, all excited, and tells me that he just bought his new Jeep! So, we go out to the parking lot to look at it... it's a brand new Jeep Liberty. My reaction was something akin to: ".........uhhh?" Then he tells me he wants to put low profile tires on it and big rims. And then asks me if I think it'd still be good to take it up in the mountains with those tires. I was at an uncommon loss for what to say, lol.
That would be an embarrassing friend to have around lol
07-05-2014 12:33 PM
mwhitteker
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Gigglz View Post
Sadly it kills your battery...
I run it all the time and haven't noticed any impact to the battery at all. Think you might have someone else going on that's killing your battery.
07-04-2014 12:56 AM
jadewolf Coworker of mine is big into VWs, has one of those little GTIs and is in a club that goes out on weekends and drives like maniacs through the winding mountain roads. He asked me the other day if Jeep owners got together to do "canyon runs" like that too. I laughed and told him that Jeep "canyon runs" involve a lot less pavement than his cruises down Malibu Canyon Road, lol!

Another time, one of the users we do IT support for came up to me and told me he was looking into buying a Jeep, too. So, I took him out to lunch in my JK and rhapsodized about the joy that comes from having a Jeep. The next week he comes up to me, all excited, and tells me that he just bought his new Jeep! So, we go out to the parking lot to look at it... it's a brand new Jeep Liberty. My reaction was something akin to: ".........uhhh?"

Then he tells me he wants to put low profile tires on it and big rims. And then asks me if I think it'd still be good to take it up in the mountains with those tires.

I was at an uncommon loss for what to say, lol.
07-03-2014 11:43 AM
Mr_Gigglz
Quote:
Originally Posted by acf5 View Post
You could change the frequency and reduce the battery usage. The app doesn't affect me much on my iPhone 4 with iOS7
The longest frequency it have me was every hour. It started to drain my 5c's battery
07-03-2014 10:49 AM
acf5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Gigglz View Post
Sadly it kills your battery...
You could change the frequency and reduce the battery usage.
The app doesn't affect me much on my iPhone 4 with iOS7
07-03-2014 10:18 AM
Mr_Gigglz
Quote:
Originally Posted by sbrooks64 View Post
That apps works well
Sadly it kills your battery...
07-02-2014 06:41 PM
wrangler5kids
Quote:
Originally Posted by InnocentMinx View Post
My friend came to visit me this week. This is what happened when I told her she needed to put a hat on cause the top was down: Her: what do you mean, I need a hat? Me: The top is off, and you don't wanna mess your hair up. Her: Wait...the top comes off!?! How did you get it off!? Did you have to take it to the dealership to rip it off!? Me: no...I took it off myself and stuck it in storage. Her: so we are going to get soaked if it rains. How do you handle that all summer!? Me: it's called a soft top... Her: huh???
Here's your sign...
07-02-2014 06:33 PM
InnocentMinx My friend came to visit me this week. This is what happened when I told her she needed to put a hat on cause the top was down:

Her: what do you mean, I need a hat?
Me: The top is off, and you don't wanna mess your hair up.
Her: Wait...the top comes off!?! How did you get it off!? Did you have to take it to the dealership to rip it off!?
Me: no...I took it off myself and stuck it in storage.
Her: so we are going to get soaked if it rains. How do you handle that all summer!?
Me: it's called a soft top...
Her: huh???
06-22-2014 08:35 PM
sbrooks64
Quote:
Originally Posted by mwhitteker View Post
There's an app for the iPhone called RainAlarm. Works great. Sends you a notification when rain is approaching your current location. Especially helpful on topless days when you may be inside not paying attention to the weather and a storm comes along.
That apps works well
06-22-2014 06:24 PM
Todd Phooz
06-22-2014 12:04 PM
Pipper99 I tell people that I got into a drag race and got my doors blown off.
06-21-2014 08:23 AM
JKPaul
Quote:
Originally Posted by brandon-99tj View Post
That sounds awesome if it actually works. Wonder if they have one for android??
Rain Alarm or Rainy Days, there may be others.
06-21-2014 07:49 AM
Galenat This morning as I was paying at a drive-thru I got the "Wait... What happened to your doors?" I told her they fell off when I hit a pothole ;-)
05-30-2014 09:20 PM
Toasty With my weather luck, that app will probably alert me that there's 2 inches of water in my Jeep.
05-30-2014 08:41 PM
brandon-99tj
Quote:
Originally Posted by mwhitteker View Post

There's an app for the iPhone called RainAlarm. Works great. Sends you a notification when rain is approaching your current location. Especially helpful on topless days when you may be inside not paying attention to the weather and a storm comes along.
That sounds awesome if it actually works. Wonder if they have one for android??
05-30-2014 03:54 PM
mwhitteker
Quote:
Originally Posted by brandon-99tj View Post
Yea we had a 80% chance of severe thunderstorms here yesterday. Glad I chanced it and left the top off, cuz we didn't even see any clouds roll by.
There's an app for the iPhone called RainAlarm. Works great. Sends you a notification when rain is approaching your current location. Especially helpful on topless days when you may be inside not paying attention to the weather and a storm comes along.
05-29-2014 05:03 PM
Toasty
Quote:
Originally Posted by MR.CLIFFORD View Post
That thing got a Hemi?
I believe I've seen a few toys in your collection. Definitely doesn't look like a hybrid.
05-29-2014 02:45 PM
MR.CLIFFORD That thing got a Hemi?
05-29-2014 02:40 PM
brandon-99tj
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toasty View Post

My accuweather widget said 2% chance of rain tonight followed by thunderstorms the next night. I was topless and doorless the first night and took that 98% chance of no rain. IT RAINED. Heard there was a thunderstorm coming so I put top and doors on. Not a single drop last night... Somebody's messing with me
Yea we had a 80% chance of severe thunderstorms here yesterday. Glad I chanced it and left the top off, cuz we didn't even see any clouds roll by.
05-29-2014 12:26 PM
Toasty
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Gigglz View Post

I learned last night that 20% chance of rain can mean quite a bit of rain...
My accuweather widget said 2% chance of rain tonight followed by thunderstorms the next night. I was topless and doorless the first night and took that 98% chance of no rain. IT RAINED. Heard there was a thunderstorm coming so I put top and doors on. Not a single drop last night... Somebody's messing with me
05-29-2014 12:25 PM
jeb0505
Quote:
Originally Posted by Proxy404 View Post
The second was from a guy at a Wawa (gas station) near where I work. I pulled up to the pump and a guy on the other side in one of those Ford 6 wheeler buckets looked over and said "Jeeps are for the people who don't have enough money for a hummer." I just started laughing.
Opportunity missed, my friend. With a comment like that, you could have replied "I used to think the same thing, turns out your wife gives them for free"...
05-29-2014 12:22 PM
adamfitz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Gigglz View Post
I learned last night that 20% chance of rain can mean quite a bit of rain...
Apparently 0% can mean downpour too. Such a struggle
05-29-2014 11:29 AM
Mr_Gigglz I learned last night that 20% chance of rain can mean quite a bit of rain...
05-29-2014 10:13 AM
Toasty Attachment 1152305
This thread has more than 30 replies. Click here to review the whole thread.

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:46 PM.



Jeep®, Wrangler, Liberty, Wagoneer, Cherokee, and Grand Cherokee are copyrighted and trademarked to Chrysler Motors LLC.
Wranglerforum.com is not in any way associated with the Chrysler Motors LLC