|05-02-2009 08:33 PM|
A couple of washers & a properly sized hitch pin, keeps them in place until I go offroad. Then I pull the pins, & swing the links back over the axle.
The links need to be turned around, so they curve back over the axle.
When disco'ed, I swing the sway up & put a longer pin (Tractor Supply) through the conveniently located frame holes, to keep it up & out of the way.
|04-30-2009 03:33 PM|
|yburn||I just disconnected my front swaybar! that made my jeep ride 70% better!!!! time to do the rear!!!|
|04-30-2009 10:53 AM|
If your tires are worn and they havent been rotated properly or balanced. That could cause your DW along with some of the other things mentioned. I would defintately replace your steering stabilizer, I replaced mine and it made a big difference.
Good luck, the DW is a scary ride.
|04-30-2009 08:30 AM|
|sooboss||Thanks i'll look in to those.|
|04-25-2009 10:58 PM|
^ ya...pro comp 4" spring under lift is gonna be rough. spring under lifts can make yj's very rough. look into better springs, ome are the best. or soa is a way better riding and performing suspension.
oh yeah, remove the rear trac bar, that will do wonders.
|04-25-2009 10:52 PM|
|sooboss||I have a YJ and have a pro comp 4" lift and its rough.. and review on this?|
|04-25-2009 06:11 PM|
definately replace the shocks and stabilizer. dw usually is not really an issue in yj's especially stock. after the shocks i'd check out the front end, or have a shop check it out, ball joints, tie rods and gear box.
you will have a much better ride.
|04-25-2009 05:26 PM|
|04-25-2009 12:39 PM|
|CheapJeep||has anyone ever used Gabriel Gaurdian shocks? Are they pretty good? Do they last for a while|
|04-25-2009 01:30 AM|
|CheapJeep||stamblizer is hit. i think it might actually be stock, and living in michigan... thats NOT a good thing. it looks like a big piece of rust.|
|04-25-2009 01:15 AM|
|04-24-2009 10:54 PM|
|CheapJeep||i know jeeps ride rough, but this is unbearable. every little bump in the road feels like my jeep is about to fall apart. ive rode in quite a few wranglers and this is definitely a horrible ride. i have a feeling my shocks have a lot to do with it so i'm gonna fix them this week and see if that helps matters any|
|04-24-2009 10:21 PM|
Check all your front steering & ball joints for play. The shocks & the steering damper/stabilizer should help, (stabilizer was my fix) but you want to make sure everything else is safe.
|04-24-2009 10:16 PM|
|CheapJeep||could my shocks be the reason for DW?|
|04-24-2009 10:12 PM|
They do make soft ride springs, but I doubt it would ever be a smooth ride.
It's a jeep, you can drive it off a loading dock but it ain't a smooth ride!
|04-24-2009 09:54 PM|
Well i got a 94 YJ as my first car and i plan on driving it on road 97% of the time, the other 3% id like to go offroad. But anyways the question i have is I know YJ's ride rough, but is there any way to get a better ride. I know for sure i have to get new shocks up front because they're both missing bushings and they look quite worn. Is there anything else to make it ride a little better? I also have DW and was wondering maybe the shocks have something to do with it?