|05-06-2013 03:38 AM|
|MrSig||and enjoy the forum!|
|05-05-2013 11:21 PM|
|RevCo666||Welcome to the forum, now you need this on the side of your jeep|
|05-05-2013 11:18 PM|
|Wranglin4Life||Welcome to the forum! Taking the top down and getting it back up alone takes a bit of practice. You will get used to it in time.|
|05-05-2013 09:26 PM|
|jokerchief462||Welcome to the forum!!!|
|05-05-2013 09:40 AM|
Welcome to the forum!
|05-05-2013 08:48 AM|
|SilverSport||Marie, Welcome Aboard!|
|05-05-2013 07:08 AM|
|dabolt55||Welcome and congrats on the move over........|
|05-05-2013 07:06 AM|
Hi Marie. Welcome to the forum and congrats on the switch! You're going to love it. I bought my first Wrangler about 3 mos ago and have never been happier. I see you've already got the mod fever, and I assure you there's no cure
As for the top, I had the same frustrations in the beginning. I'm not a shorter guy with a bad back so watching the YouTube vids of how you open/close the top if you're 6'5" only made me mad. Now after a few months of practice I can open and close the top by myself in a couple of minutes.
Everyone has their own technique so others may give you different ideas, but as for me this is how I do it (I'll skip taking the top off because that's the easy part).
- Open the back gate and crawl up on the rear bumper.
- Grab the full top an pivot it up toward the top of the Jeep. Once you push it far enough, it will fall forward to the front of the Jeep.
- While still up on the bumper, push your hand down in the middle of the top. This will extend where the top folds in the middle of the Jeep and allow the top to lay flat.
- Hop off the gate and open the driver's side door. Standing in the door frame, reach up between the top fabric and the frame around the top folds. You'll feel a plastic joint where the frame comes together. If you pull forward on this (you may need to yank it) you can pull the top to where it will engage the clips that are over the door frame. This was a real finding for me and allowed me to put the top up for myself because it holds the top in place while you connect the front clips.
- Do the grab and yank on both sides and then engage the front clips under the visors.
- Pull down the rear wings (i think that what they're called) and connect.
- Zip up the windows and you're good.
Hope that helps.
|05-05-2013 06:35 AM|
|SuperTJ||Congrats and welcome! I used quick connects and a clover cover. It zips around the top. Between that and Velcro the arms I could pull out from the back. But I am sure others on here have better ways|
|05-05-2013 06:33 AM|
Traded my H2 for a Jeep Wrangler - yeah!
After several years of procrastinating trading the H2, I finally did it this week. The H2 was great except each time I filled up the tank for $90. I have no regrets. I'm loving my Jeep Wrangler! I immediately customized it with a 4" suspension lift, XD Rockstar matte black rims and Nitto Mud Grapplers. It looks bad .
I'm looking for other tips on how to customized my black Sahara, 2D, soft top. I also need tips on how to quickly remove and reinstall the soft top. I find this the most frustrating part. So far, I'm not able to do it without asking another person to help me. . For now I just open up the top section and leave the entire thing on.
Happy Wrangler Owner,