|01-05-2014 04:07 PM|
|12-23-2013 07:37 PM|
|Thegame||I'd totally pay a jeeper to do this for me. I wouldn't even attempt it I know I'd f it up.|
|12-23-2013 04:46 PM|
I have an 07 and I switched it all to red with a much easier method than actually soldering in led chips. Here is an extremely spartan writeup:
1. Go to any auto parts store and get a strip of the color led you want.
2. Remove the control unit so you can get access to the circuit board inside where the lights are.
3. Pull off the little lights with a pair of needle nose pliers or something. The look like (and are) tiny, incandescent light bulbs soldered to the circuit board.
4. Line the outer edge of the inside of the control unit with the led strip.
5. Wire as necessary (for me, I tapped into the grey/orange wire, which is the power line for the lights in the unit, so that the leds are on the same controls as the old lights were)
6. Put it all back together.
It should look pretty good when you're done. The lenses for the lights are tinted green, so there still might be some green to the lights, but if you do enough overpowering, the light should start to match everything else. The knobs may still not quite look the way you want, as mine did not, so I swapped them out for billet ones with a red light port (they make a blue one too)
Hope this helped. Let me know if you want more or better details.
|12-23-2013 09:59 AM|
I'm not sure if this is what you're looking for or not but the dash light's in the JK are soldered so it's a pretty difficult undertaking.
DASH LED REPLACEMENT - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum
|12-20-2013 09:13 PM|
|12-20-2013 07:02 PM|
|05-16-2013 09:41 AM|
LED bulbs in Dash/AC panels
I have an 4 door 09 jeep wrangler. Is it easy to change the color from factory green to some type of blue color for my dashboard/ buttons where my AC and window controllers are? Is there any tutorials as to how to take the dash apart or the the middle part where the ac units and window buttons are? Also if so what size bulb do I need to buy? Any recommendations ? Thank you!!!!