|05-18-2013 12:34 AM|
|05-17-2013 01:21 AM|
I will look into rock krawler 2.5" lift. Do you how much should i expect paying for it including labor? I don't think i can install it myself...
|05-17-2013 12:57 AM|
without a doubt get 3.73. in the future if you decide to go with 4.88's or something lower, it will save you from having to buy a new carrier. to be honest, I am on 37x13.50r17's and get by just fine with 3.73's. 3.21's would be downright undriveable.
this should help with your tire questions.
as for the lift, this is the area where you should not skimp. you get what you pay for. rock krawler, rubicon express, metalcloak, just to name a few all make awesome 2.5 kits. my suggestion would be the rock krawler max travel 2.5 kit.
|05-17-2013 12:51 AM|
|05-17-2013 12:40 AM|
1. not there yet still running stock
2. Get 3.73
3. Just a few millimeters difference
4. Depends on other mods, bumpers, winch, personal preference
5. Love the Chow avatar, how old is the pup
|05-16-2013 11:44 PM|
New JK help needed
Hello Everyone. It's my first thread, but i ve been following this forum for few months now, i ve read many articles and treads, but wanted to ask specific questions to help in ordering my first jk sport. I have decided to go with 2 door since im single and not planning to get family for the next 3-4 years at least. I plan on putting 285/70-17 duratrack tires with procomp 7005 wheels or level 8 Tracker wheels.
1) What rim size do i need, thickness, offset, backspacing and etc to fit that tire size?
2) should i get 3.73 axle ratio when ordering mine? Please consider that i don't think i ever go with 35" tires on 2 doors.
3) What is the difference between 285/70-17 vs 33x12.5x17. Are they pretty similar to each other? Im looking for a bit wider stance , not much out from flare fenders.
4) this is most complicated topic for me- what should i use? Leveling kit? Lift kit? I like look of 2.5" lifts tho
I'm looking forward to your feedback, thank you all.