Jeep Wrangler Forum - Reply to Topic
Jeep Wrangler Forum

Go Back   Jeep Wrangler Forum > Trail Talk and Land Use Forums > Trail Pics > Northern Jersey spots?

Join Wrangler Forum Today


Thread: Northern Jersey spots? Reply to Thread
Title:
  
Message:
Post Icons
You may choose an icon for your message from the following list:
 

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Wrangler Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Additional Options
Miscellaneous Options

Topic Review (Newest First)
04-02-2014 12:52 AM
08steelblue 4/13/14 stag hill 10am meet up
09-03-2013 09:14 PM
Foxriderry Will do thanks
09-02-2013 11:01 PM
wilmerc76
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foxriderry View Post
Hey guys I'm trying to get in on some trail riding next time you guys are ready to do something let me know I'm in ridgefield but I'm willing to cruise to meet up with people
Keep an eye on the Sparta thread.
09-02-2013 10:29 PM
Foxriderry Hey guys I'm trying to get in on some trail riding next time you guys are ready to do something let me know I'm in ridgefield but I'm willing to cruise to meet up with people
07-13-2013 12:41 PM
wilmerc76 There is a group heading to Rausch next weekend.
07-02-2013 07:32 PM
RayJK14 I've got the lift and the tires, just nothing inbetween them so to speak

Wanna PM me Wil, We can exchange info and set this up
07-02-2013 05:52 PM
wilmerc76 Should still be ok for the green trails. No lift yet either, haha.
07-02-2013 05:51 PM
wilmerc76 Tow rope yes, working on the winch.
07-02-2013 04:39 AM
RayJK14 Which mean's i hope somebody has two rope or a winch.
07-01-2013 10:42 PM
NFRs2000NYC
Quote:
Originally Posted by hort_15 View Post
What do u mean two open diffs?
Means he doesn't have lockers or LSDs.
07-01-2013 10:21 PM
hort_15 What do u mean two open diffs?
07-01-2013 05:19 PM
RayJK14 I've got two open dif's . Thats my only worry
07-01-2013 09:49 AM
wilmerc76 Works for me.
07-01-2013 09:43 AM
RayJK14 Now thats what I'm talking about.


Wanna shoot for august ?
06-30-2013 09:43 PM
wilmerc76 When?
06-30-2013 08:38 PM
RayJK14 Rausch?
06-30-2013 08:15 PM
NFRs2000NYC
Quote:
Originally Posted by RayJK14 View Post
None that i have seen. Its all powerlines and trails that wrap around them pretty much.
If there are powerlines that means it's illegal to wheel there. The power companies own 50 feet in all directions from the towers, so you can get smacked with a fine. Stokes and Wharton are basically the only legal wheeling in Jersey. Unfortunately, there is no good wheeling within nearly 500 miles of the NY/NJ area. I had to drive my rig all the way to Moab to really enjoy myself. Around here its just a bunch of slop and puddles.
06-30-2013 05:50 PM
RayJK14 None that i have seen. Its all powerlines and trails that wrap around them pretty much.
06-26-2013 05:54 PM
wilmerc76 I thought that the cops bust chops for wheelin behind the Sheraton. Someone said that its a bird sanctuary.
06-25-2013 08:10 PM
RayJK14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flynn View Post
Ha! I grew up in WM, did a lot of trail riding. Ever go to the old Jungle Habitait?

I ride my Mountain Bike there on a weekly basis, love what they did (or didn't) do to the place.

As for the locals of stag hill, yeah they are a rough bunch, i try to stay outta there when i can, I rock behind the Sheraton and only ever run into other jeepers or offroaders. I've noticed that the Mahwah Cops don't care if you wheel back there as long as your not boozing or druggin'.

I'd love to go to Rausch sometime, but im waiting to atleast have my front dif locked. So were looking at December at the earliest



Also Ringwood State Park used to offer a Brushwoods access permit, you needed a valid fishing liscene because the reason you were there was to fish... Which is a joke because nobody fishes with XJ's locked on 37's . But due to pipeline construction that area is zoned off for now. I will update when it opens again though !
06-24-2013 05:08 PM
wilmerc76 Fortunately I haven't come across any locals. I have tab into other Jeepers on the other hand. I'm always looking for places to wheel. Let me know whenever your up for a meet and Jeep.
06-24-2013 04:56 PM
Flynn
Quote:
Originally Posted by RayJK14 View Post
Theres a place in West Milford as well, but thats a secret for us locals :| You go find your own spot..



Anyways I'm kidding, I live in Ringwood ( Smack between West Mil/Mahwah) and i could show you some stuff. It's all illegal because its too much fun and the local government's would rather kid's have other activities that are much safer ( like drugs)

When you say Mahwah do you mean Behind the Sheraton ? or Off of Stag Hill Road.
Ha! I grew up in WM, did a lot of trail riding. Ever go to the old Jungle Habitait?
06-24-2013 03:03 PM
hort_15 U mean locals that dont like jeeps riding through...boo!
06-24-2013 02:12 PM
RayJK14 I'd say you guys are safer by the Sheraton then stag hill. I honestly avoid the place like the plague because of the locals.
06-23-2013 10:13 PM
hort_15 Ooh stag hill seams a lot closer than stokes! Maybe my next adventure will be up there!
06-23-2013 09:07 PM
wilmerc76 I'm always up for new spots.
06-23-2013 09:06 PM
wilmerc76 Off stag hill. I don't go near the Sheraton.
06-23-2013 06:54 PM
RayJK14 Theres a place in West Milford as well, but thats a secret for us locals :| You go find your own spot..



Anyways I'm kidding, I live in Ringwood ( Smack between West Mil/Mahwah) and i could show you some stuff. It's all illegal because its too much fun and the local government's would rather kid's have other activities that are much safer ( like drugs)

When you say Mahwah do you mean Behind the Sheraton ? or Off of Stag Hill Road.
06-22-2013 10:20 PM
hort_15 Creek? Nope just went along brook and there were some tiny trails leading to open fields etc. fun but didn't wanna go to hardcore without any spotters :P
06-20-2013 09:47 PM
wilmerc76 Did you find the creek? How did your age your way around. Better to avoid the spots that look suspect when your by yourself, unless you have a winch.
This thread has more than 30 replies. Click here to review the whole thread.

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:00 AM.



Jeep®, Wrangler, Liberty, Wagoneer, Cherokee, and Grand Cherokee are copyrighted and trademarked to Chrysler Motors LLC.
Wranglerforum.com is not in any way associated with the Chrysler Motors LLC