Jeep Wrangler Forum - Reply to Topic
Jeep Wrangler Forum

Go Back   Jeep Wrangler Forum > General Jeep Discussions > General Jeep Discussion > Offical Wrangler Forum Jeep Wave Thread

Join Wrangler Forum Today


Thread: Offical Wrangler Forum Jeep Wave Thread Reply to Thread
Title:
  
Message:
Post Icons
You may choose an icon for your message from the following list:
 

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Wrangler Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Additional Options
Miscellaneous Options

Topic Review (Newest First)
10-22-2014 09:09 PM
Lakeman1
Quote:
Originally Posted by FiteClub View Post
Yeah, here in SoCar people are just friendlier than where I am from (SoCal). I wave at all CJ/YJ/TJ/JKs and get waves back 80% of the time. Some might be Jeep Waves, some might just be friendly waves.
¯\_()_/¯
SoCar? You are a transplant.
10-22-2014 10:32 AM
FiteClub
Quote:
Originally Posted by elise View Post
Waving is a very nice gesture, no matter what anyone is driving. In the South we are known for smiling and saying hello to complete strangers on the street, so extend that to waving at cars, jeeps. It is nice to feel "included" by the "JeepWave"

Some folks only wave at Wranglers, but the #of doors shouldn't matter....
Yeah, here in SoCar people are just friendlier than where I am from (SoCal). I wave at all CJ/YJ/TJ/JKs and get waves back 80% of the time. Some might be Jeep Waves, some might just be friendly waves.
¯\_()_/¯
10-22-2014 10:18 AM
Rock Kicker
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrath0r View Post
I see the same guy almost every day - huge tires, clearly into his Jeep. He never waves. Is it because I'm in a Sahara? Who knows. I always wave to him.
I remember when the Sahara first came out. I wanted one so bad. However, for some reason, there's just something about the JK/JKU versions that torques me and I can't even begin to tell you why. Doesn't stop my from waving. However, if others get the same feeling, then maybe it is the model. It might be the painted fender flares...lol. Don't let it get to you. Just keep waving.
10-22-2014 10:13 AM
Rock Kicker
Quote:
Originally Posted by UGADAWGFAN View Post
It's ok.....I'm not upset or yelling or anything. I saw it totally different. It states put your left hand on your owners manual and raise your right hand......I assumed it was the right hand raised being shown that's all. No biggie.....I'd still wave at all of you guys, that's just how we are down south! Ha ha Hi Guys!!!!!!
Dude, I'm from Texas, and I always got waves when I lived in CA, KS, ND, and back home. Moved to MA a couple years ago and it's like pulling teeth (from an alligator) sometimes.
10-22-2014 09:00 AM
Fun sized
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dusthol View Post
I'm sure people who drive baked get alot things. Lol
Damn auto-incorrect!
That's supposed to say naked...but I'm sure they do.
10-22-2014 09:00 AM
wrath0r I see the same guy almost every day - huge tires, clearly into his Jeep. He never waves. Is it because I'm in a Sahara? Who knows. I always wave to him.
10-22-2014 05:50 AM
UGADAWGFAN
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock Kicker View Post
Pretty sure he was joking. If you read it and look at the prints, it looks like it's telling you to do the opposite of what's written.
It's ok.....I'm not upset or yelling or anything. I saw it totally different. It states put your left hand on your owners manual and raise your right hand......I assumed it was the right hand raised being shown that's all. No biggie.....I'd still wave at all of you guys, that's just how we are down south! Ha ha

Hi Guys!!!!!!
10-22-2014 05:38 AM
wrath0r
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock Kicker View Post
Pretty sure he was joking. If you read it and look at the prints, it looks like it's telling you to do the opposite of what's written.
Yep, just a joke and based on exactly this. I just thought it was amusing.
10-22-2014 12:48 AM
85CJ
It is a Jeep!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cordite View Post
A tad confused, here. I traded in a Ford Flex and bought a bare bones JKU to play with. No power windows or locks, cheap radio, blah, blah, blah. ( several mods are in progress). Anyhow, after reading most of these posts, I started to do this wave. I have to keep the window rolled down but that's no biggie. I get nothing but stares. No returns. Then a few days ago at a light, I wave at a woman in another JKU. She waves back. We headed into the same place and parked next to each other. We started talking about this wave thing and she said she thinks I don't get waves because it's a JKU and therefore we don't have real Jeeps. At least that's what she was told. I bought a 4 door because I'm a 67 year old dude with grandkids and a wife that likes to play in the woods (that sounds freaky, but you get my point).

You all don't subscribe to that, do ya? That 4 doors are not real Jeeps? Say it ain't so.
You definitely have a real Jeep! I also have a JKU and people around here almost always wave regardless if it's a JK, JKU, TJ, CJ, etc. It also doesn't matter if the driver is male, female, young, or older, they all wave around here.

Be happy with that JKU! With my family and dog, a two door would be too limiting for us. I have had a two door as well and absolutely loved it, of course I was single and living at the beach!

Wave on...
10-22-2014 12:23 AM
Rock Kicker
Quote:
Originally Posted by UGADAWGFAN View Post
Yes but that's not the owners manual....it's showing a rt hand waving as most rt handed people would do. Am I missing your point?
Pretty sure he was joking. If you read it and look at the prints, it looks like it's telling you to do the opposite of what's written.
10-22-2014 12:20 AM
Rock Kicker
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrath0r View Post
Funny, I've never gotten a return wave from a doorless Jeep, even with my windows open and top off. But I'm also in New England, home of the people who think they're better than you because why not.
Learned about the Masshole attitude when I moved here. However, summertime joyriders in my area and on the Masspike from exit 1 (NY) to Boston seem to wave like crazy when it's topless season.
10-21-2014 08:58 PM
gburkett If ya have a manual that's where your right hand goes. Left hand will be the waving hand.
10-21-2014 08:55 PM
Dusthol
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fun sized View Post
I find the # of doors does matter...doorless jeeps tend to give me almost 100% return waves. People who drive baked tend to get it
I'm sure people who drive baked get alot things. Lol
10-21-2014 08:02 PM
UGADAWGFAN Yes but that's not the owners manual....it's showing a rt hand waving as most rt handed people would do. Am I missing your point?
10-21-2014 07:55 PM
wrath0r Isn't that a right hand print?
10-21-2014 07:52 PM
UGADAWGFAN Here ya go.....
10-21-2014 07:43 PM
Mr.Orange TJ Was caught off guard the other day by a Jeep Liberty wave.
10-21-2014 06:15 PM
wrath0r
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fun sized View Post
I find the # of doors does matter...doorless jeeps tend to give me almost 100% return waves. People who drive baked tend to get it
Funny, I've never gotten a return wave from a doorless Jeep, even with my windows open and top off. But I'm also in New England, home of the people who think they're better than you because why not.
10-21-2014 05:26 PM
Fun sized
Quote:
Originally Posted by elise View Post
Waving is a very nice gesture, no matter what anyone is driving. In the South we are known for smiling and saying hello to complete strangers on the street, so extend that to waving at cars, jeeps. It is nice to feel "included" by the "JeepWave" Some folks only wave at Wranglers, but the #of doors shouldn't matter....
I find the # of doors does matter...doorless jeeps tend to give me almost 100% return waves. People who drive baked tend to get it
10-21-2014 05:22 PM
elise Waving is a very nice gesture, no matter what anyone is driving. In the South we are known for smiling and saying hello to complete strangers on the street, so extend that to waving at cars, jeeps. It is nice to feel "included" by the "JeepWave"

Some folks only wave at Wranglers, but the #of doors shouldn't matter....
10-21-2014 12:36 PM
JeepHog71 Hear! Hear! Well said!
('14 JKUSport - mostly stock)
10-21-2014 12:31 PM
Beastmaster
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrath0r View Post
You forgot Saharas. JK Saharas are not real Jeeps and owners deserve no respect. Yes, I drive one. And I wave to every Jeep I see, even the ones who probably can't see me, even at night in the dark. I like the way it feels to wave. I like the way it feels to get the wave. I didn't know about the wave before I bought the Jeep, but after two or three people waved I figured it out.
I agree, I've seen those Jeep Wave hierarchy lists and I hate them too. Based on one I read, the newer or more stock Jeep initiates the wave. Heck, if I followed that I would almost never start the wave in my JK and never in my Willys.
You’re not waving at someone to compliment their Jeep! You are waiving at a person the enjoys the Jeep spirit. Granted some people keep their spirit on the pavement but none the less I’ll always endeavor to wave at any Wrangler(ish) Jeep!

10-21-2014 12:16 PM
wrath0r
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pmryall View Post
So I just have to speak my mind on this. I've seen a video and a few webpages what have you about a jeep wave hierarchy, something along the line of jk's should wave first to TJ's and TJ's should wave first to CJ's and nobody should wave to YJ's (they have square headlights you know). But if the JK IS Rollin' on 40's and the TJ is stock than the TJ should wave first. And there is a point system as to who deserves the wave first based on who spent the most money on their jeep. Etc etc. it's got to be the most complicated douchbag thing I've ever heard of. It's a friendly wave to someone who also likes jeep wranglers, nothing more, nothing less. It's not a salute, it's not a show of respect to your manliness. It's the idea that one jeep should be waved to first is what would kill it off in the end. As new people start driving jeeps not knowing about the wave. And jeep people (Jeeple?) not waving because they are waiting for their show of respect.
Ok off my soapbox now.
You forgot Saharas. JK Saharas are not real Jeeps and owners deserve no respect. Yes, I drive one. And I wave to every Jeep I see, even the ones who probably can't see me, even at night in the dark. I like the way it feels to wave. I like the way it feels to get the wave. I didn't know about the wave before I bought the Jeep, but after two or three people waved I figured it out.
10-21-2014 11:09 AM
Pmryall So I just have to speak my mind on this. I've seen a video and a few webpages what have you about a jeep wave hierarchy, something along the line of jk's should wave first to TJ's and TJ's should wave first to CJ's and nobody should wave to YJ's (they have square headlights you know). But if the JK IS Rollin' on 40's and the TJ is stock than the TJ should wave first. And there is a point system as to who deserves the wave first based on who spent the most money on their jeep. Etc etc. it's got to be the most complicated douchbag thing I've ever heard of. It's a friendly wave to someone who also likes jeep wranglers, nothing more, nothing less. It's not a salute, it's not a show of respect to your manliness. It's the idea that one jeep should be waved to first is what would kill it off in the end. As new people start driving jeeps not knowing about the wave. And jeep people (Jeeple?) not waving because they are waiting for their show of respect.
Ok off my soapbox now.
10-21-2014 09:35 AM
2008jkcop I just saw the video... I did not know that Jeep had a 96 production year for wranglers...
10-21-2014 09:15 AM
Cameraman
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakeman1 View Post

Again, you just don't get it.
Your 71 and still riding. ......not much left to get.....enjoy
10-20-2014 07:24 PM
Lakeman1
Quote:
Originally Posted by n00g7 View Post
A Prius could be more your speed. You could even put a Harley engine in it if you really miss the sound.

Again, you just don't get it.
10-20-2014 01:08 PM
FiteClub
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock Kicker View Post
I got my first Jeep, an 83 modded CJ in 1992. My lesson from fellow Jeepers, the YJ is not a real Jeep. The only Jeep with real capability and square headlights is the XJ (Cherokee for you non-Jeep linguists, and no, the Grand Cherokee doesn't count). I got my 91 YJ in 97, modded it. My lesson from fellow Jeepers, the TJ is not a real Jeep. The only capable Jeep with round headlights is the CJ. CJ owners, for the most part, hated both newcomers. Sometime in the early 2000s, the YJ finally got its respect as a trail worthy Jeep, despite its misshaped headlights! Pretty sure the TJ actually earned more respect before the YJ. That being said, I love the 4 door JKU. I actually plan to buy one. The problem with, what seems to be the majority of JKU owners, is that they bought a family SUV (in their minds), not a Jeep, or the lifestyle, and many didn't buy it for the history, camaraderie, or trail capability. They bought it because it was cooler than their other option...like a frikkin Kia Sorrento. Salesmen get younger and take a job selling vehicles that sell themselves without learning a thing about them so they don't even know about the wave. At the end of the day, they climb into their Toyotas and head home. Put it on the cover and throughout the owners manuals in side notes...problem solved. Or even print "Don't forget the Jeep wave!!!" On key chains that come with new keys!
Yeah, this point actually carries across many products out there where a company updates the product, bringing in hordes of new users/enthusiasts but invites derision among the vocal previous consumers for the new product not being authentic or true to its roots.

It’s a tough point for corporations to balance but when it comes down to pleasing their original fan base or pissing them off, the company is always going to pick the option that brings in more money. Heck, many of those who were scornful end up eventually being converts anyway.
10-20-2014 12:45 PM
FiteClub
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cordite View Post
You all don't subscribe to that, do ya? That 4 doors are not real Jeeps? Say it ain't so.

No way! I considered a JKU myself for a fleeting moment but being an old school CJ guy back in the day, I was truly drawn to the LJ instead (and love it!). I think a lot of people are like me in that are just conditioned that a seemingly majority of JKU drivers, especially stock machines, don’t participate, either out of not knowing about Jeep Wave or just don’t care to be involved because they don't feel an affinity for the culture.

It would be great to see more owners like you away this line of thinking!
10-20-2014 08:15 AM
n00g7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakeman1 View Post
Again
A Prius could be more your speed. You could even put a Harley engine in it if you really miss the sound.
This thread has more than 30 replies. Click here to review the whole thread.

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:27 PM.



Jeep®, Wrangler, Liberty, Wagoneer, Cherokee, and Grand Cherokee are copyrighted and trademarked to Chrysler Motors LLC.
Wranglerforum.com is not in any way associated with the Chrysler Motors LLC