|06-20-2013 07:50 PM|
|timboburks||I have seen other places where the TJ requires the SLIM polk speakers. Was wondering if it matters.|
|06-20-2013 10:13 AM|
|Millertime78||I was amazed at the difference in just replacing the factory fronts with a Nalin adapter and 5.25" Polk dbs.|
|06-20-2013 01:01 AM|
|06-19-2013 03:02 PM|
|06-19-2013 11:56 AM|
Very simple go to best buy or where ever and get the wiring adaptors when you buy your speakers so you don't Cut the wires.
|06-19-2013 06:29 AM|
Welcome! You will prolly get more help for your Jeep in here when you stop asking for help for your car!
You don't have to be good with your hands to change a speaker. Wow! Please no offense, but if you'd rather pay someone just to change a speaker out, a Jeep is going to cost you a wad down the road.
Changing a speaker out is about as difficult as changing pants. Don't waste your money, just grab a screwdriver and try it and see what you think.
|06-19-2013 06:16 AM|
2. The Polk DB521/DB651 are popular for use with the stock head unit. Use of 5.25" fronts require an adapter plate (member NalinMfg makes one). You can go with better speakers but that usually involves adding an amplifier.
3. If you can turn a screwdriver you'll do fine. There is plenty of help available on this board.
Most modern head units are set up to accept iPod/usb. You'll need to get a single din as double din doesn't fit without dash modification.
|06-19-2013 05:41 AM|
Welcome to the forum! If you want to save time you can get the Kicker direct fit replacement front and rears from Quadratec. They are plug and play...if you can use a screwdriver you can install these. Here is a link: http://www.quadratec.com/products/pr...1&kw=14133.2XX
Hope this helps some, and welcome again to the forum.
|06-19-2013 04:18 AM|
Speakers Replacement Help for 2002 TJ Wrangler
Hey guys this is my first post in the forums. I am a proud owner of a 2002 Blue Jeep Wrangler. I got it as a gift from my father for my high school graduation almost 3 years ago now (wow time flies!). I love my car but the one thing I think I need to change are all the speakers in the car. When I play music at high volumes the stock systems don't seem to cut it. They distort the audio and it makes for a very bad listening experience.
So I figured I would come to the forums to ask:
1. If it is even possible to change all the speaker in the car?
2. If so, what speakers do you guys recommend for my model wrangler? (Price is not such an issue because I plan to keep to keep my car for a long time so I just consider this a nice investment for my car).
3. I am not very good with my hands, so how much would you believe the labor would cost for a shop to put these speakers in my car.
Also are there any steros I can get with an aux attachment? I hate having to use the FM iPod thing because I drive a lot (and live next to New York CIty) and it is very annoying to keep changing stations while driving.
Thanks in advance guys!