Jeep Wrangler Forum - Reply to Topic
Jeep Wrangler Forum

Go Back   Jeep Wrangler Forum > JK Jeep Wrangler Forum > JK General Discussion Forum > About to Pull Trigger on 2011 Sport Wrangler, Need Help!

Join Wrangler Forum Today

Thread: About to Pull Trigger on 2011 Sport Wrangler, Need Help! Reply to Thread
Post Icons
You may choose an icon for your message from the following list:

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Wrangler Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:


Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Additional Options
Miscellaneous Options

Topic Review (Newest First)
06-20-2013 03:08 PM
dukedallas Well I guess we all made you decission super easy :-)
06-20-2013 01:39 PM
scottmphoto #3. No joke.
06-20-2013 12:18 PM
WorkingMan I'm in Canada and about to buy a new 2013 as I finally found one and there is only one available in colour I can live with. The starting price here for a 23B is $19,995 and you can get them a little less I've seen $18,995. Since I'm an old fart I'm adding A/C and a Hard Top as it gets cold up here and the winters are too long, so far I'm looking at $22,500. Since we always pay way more in Canada for cars then you in the US I'd say go for new. Join Treadlightly and go for dealer Invoice -1% and get a deal.
06-20-2013 10:32 AM
ToothDoc I test drove a 2011 with 16,000 miles, bottom dollar price was $21,500. It was in excellent condition, red with black soft top. My wife and I liked it but just for fun we drove a new one with a hard top and it was so much better in driving comfort I knew that was what I wanted. The new one we drove was a Sport S which we could have bought for $26,000. I ended up with a 2 door Freedom Edition, which I love.
06-20-2013 10:08 AM
BB1857 Definitely go new. I was in a similar situation back in April and figured i was going to buy a couple year old Wrangler and be thrilled. The more i looked online at the prices the more i realized the best value was in a new one. I ended up finding a leftover new 2012 with a $27500 sticker and got it for $22300 plus tax and tags. So with this price it was certainly a no brainer for me. Maybe check or for new 2012's. I know there are still some in the MD/VA area. You will get a great deal, better engine, no fear of some jackass driving it like an idiot(rental), and full warranty!
06-20-2013 09:03 AM
Spool When i purchased my Jeep, MSRP was 24.8K...i paid 22.5 Out the door for it with the incentives and haggling...3.2% sales tax

The 14's are coming out, dealers will dump their 13's
06-20-2013 08:54 AM
dukedallas Wow this is a 2nd on this forum 100% agreement on a question. First time I saw it was when everyone agreed Jeeps are the best most fun vehicles ever made! LOL!!!!
06-20-2013 08:49 AM
Morgan Find a 2012 or a 13. I bought an 11 in December. Really wish I'd done my homework. The jeep is great but that 3.6 engine would make it perfect. Save yourself some regret and forget the 2011s.
06-20-2013 08:44 AM
yacc You can generally get 1% below invoice on new Jeeps without much trouble. That makes option 3 a no brainer. Brand new, full warranty, never been mistreated, and doesn't need any maintenance. The cheaper 2011 you are looking at needs new tires, thats $800 to add to the price right there.
06-20-2013 08:39 AM
Originally Posted by jwann01 View Post
Option 3 all day long! Full warranty, more powerful engine, and that new jeep smell.
Nailed it.
06-20-2013 08:39 AM
fessmiq Thanks everyone! Unfortunately no 2012s are on the market but I could wait that out.

I figured that would be the leaning towards new and I tend to agree, especially on the warranties. Could a 2013 jeep be haggled into the $22,000 range? Should I wait for the 2014s to come out? My max is about $25 i'm looking to go. Am I shortchanging myself?
06-20-2013 08:24 AM
MJGM We all know how we treat rentals so option 3!
06-20-2013 08:23 AM
Eichster I agree with everyone above also. I was in the same situation as you but I held out until I could find a 2012 or newer just to get the better engine and tranmission. I noticed you talked about the 2011 and 2013 how about searching your area for a used 2012 you might get the best deal for what you are looking for.
06-20-2013 08:18 AM
Sucker Punch BUY NEW! Why wouldn't you pay 3 to 4,000 more and get a brand new one with the better engine and auto transmission.

BUY NEW if you are looking at 2011 sports
06-20-2013 08:15 AM
dukedallas 100% my opinion NO querstion is #3!!!!!

2011's did not have the 285hp engine. They still had the 210hp underpowered one. the interior was changed in 2011 to the newer style. Its not a HUGE difference in price it might add up to maybe $20 -$30 more a month in payments depending on your terms.

Think about it ...for a slight increase in price you get BRAND NEW, no worries of someone elses issues ....(Flooded car, electrical problems, leaks etc.)

Good luck hope you get the 13!!!!!!!
06-20-2013 08:13 AM
jwann01 Option 3 all day long! Full warranty, more powerful engine, and that new jeep smell.
06-20-2013 08:01 AM
About to Pull Trigger on 2011 Sport Wrangler, Need Help!

Hi all, was hoping to receive some feedback as I'm about to purchase my first wrangler and am stoked! I have a couple options I'm looking at and wanted to get everyone's thoughts on negotiations and choices.

Option 1 is a used silver 2011 Sport listed at $21,500 that was a dealer rental and acquired 33,000 miles in first year. It has 35,000+ miles on it now (bumber to bumber about to expire) with one year tread left on stock tires. It has been sitting in the dealer lot since April 2012 (assuming to keep miles from exceeding warranty). It's listed in excellent condition and is a nice vehicle. My assumption is that the warranty is stuffed into the price and I would like to go in at a $19,5 range so that I can then upgrade tires to 31s or 33s.

Option 2 is similar to option one, a used silver 2011 sport but it only has 22,000 miles on it and has the nitto terra grip 33s and a few other accessories but nothing too over the top. The listing is $23,682 and while its in the higher of my price range, that price is doable but would like to get down to $22,000 if at all possible.

Option 3 is to buy a new jeep sport 2013 at $24,995. Is there wiggle room to get that price down a little to make it worthwhile to go new?

What are everyone's thoughts and opinions? I'm not in a rush "technically" and am willing to wait but want to get a jeep bad. PLease help a newbie figure this out and any advice you can give. THANK YOU!

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:09 AM.

Jeep®, Wrangler, Liberty, Wagoneer, Cherokee, and Grand Cherokee are copyrighted and trademarked to Chrysler Motors LLC. is not in any way associated with the Chrysler Motors LLC