|06-23-2009 02:00 PM|
It's the soft top that came with the dual top package, so brand new.
Oh, and it didn't leak from the storm, happy again
|06-22-2009 04:03 PM|
|daggo66||You definitely get more rear view area. Between the rear headrests, spare tire, and rear wiper motor, there's little room to see out of a hardtop.|
|06-22-2009 03:03 PM|
Enjoy, and hope it stops raining!
|06-22-2009 03:02 PM|
|priell3||Have fun mishel!|
|06-22-2009 12:03 PM|
Tops switch today
Hey gang, today I finally removed the hardtop (I rented a garage for that matter, just for the summer, close to where I live, that goes directly to "what you did for your jeep today" thread...) and installed the soft top, with the priceless help of my boyfriend.
Total time (removing hardtop, installing, figuring things out): 2 hours. I'm really happy with that.
So I was all excited about it and said I'll take the jeep and the boyfriend on a ride later today (we finished at 14h00, was way too hot outside - 95).
Guess what... After two weeks of perfect sunny weather at temperatures arround 90, 2 hours after finishing installing my softtop the biggest possible storm started. Now it's still pourring rain (lightnings and thunder and all the stuff) and no, the meteo was not predicting that.
Well, for the moment, I'm happy that:
- the jeep looks better inside and outside (i'm not crazy about the white inside of the hardtop)
- this way I got to see the soft top is not leaking (so far...)
- I WILL take it on a ride, topless (the jeep ) one of these days
- I GET TO SEE THROUGH THE BACK WINDOW!!!!!!!! The recipient of window washing fluid was covering 25% of my view, plus, I think, the window is bigger
- I feel like I have a new car
and now waiting for the sun to rise and shine again.