Jeep Wrangler Forum - Reply to Topic
Jeep Wrangler Forum

Go Back   Jeep Wrangler Forum > JK Jeep Wrangler Forum > JK General Discussion Forum > They dent their door and its my fault

Join Wrangler Forum Today


Thread: They dent their door and its my fault Reply to Thread
Title:
  
Message:
Post Icons
You may choose an icon for your message from the following list:
 

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Wrangler Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Additional Options
Miscellaneous Options

Topic Review (Newest First)
07-25-2013 08:11 PM
the Kolector
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muddr1 View Post
I don't know about you guys, but no matter how far away I park. Some giant turd always manages to park 4'' from my jeep. Sometimes you cant win.....
You can with ACE rails!!
07-25-2013 07:57 PM
Muddr1 I don't know about you guys, but no matter how far away I park. Some giant turd always manages to park 4'' from my jeep. Sometimes you cant win.....
07-25-2013 04:20 PM
CSM41 This entire post is a great reminder to me why my first purchase for my new 2013 JKU was a set of Smittybuilt rock sliders. I have had too many situations where inconsiderate people have hit my car with their doors etc. and just ran off. I wouldn't even drive my new ride until I had them installed for this very reason. I like driving my built TJ for this very reason as well; you really can't hurt it.
07-25-2013 10:49 AM
sparky
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blkfenderslookbetter View Post
Maybe we should place a "WARNING - IT's HARD" sticker above our Ace rails.




On second thought ...



Hugh Jass, you have a call on line 1
They make T-shirts that say that.
07-25-2013 09:41 AM
Teague242
Quote:
Originally Posted by COStrider View Post

Ok. What color, font type, and size text?! Reflective too? Braille too?
Don't forget to paint them safety yellow and include an audible alarm with flashing lights!!!
07-25-2013 08:35 AM
COStrider
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blkfenderslookbetter View Post

Maybe we should place a "WARNING - IT's HARD" sticker above our Ace rails.

On second thought ...
Ok. What color, font type, and size text?! Reflective too? Braille too?
07-25-2013 08:33 AM
COStrider
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teague242 View Post

It would be your third grade teachers fault because he/she didn't help you with long division.
True. I was too busy mastering stick figure drawings in the hallway. Damn her! JK
07-25-2013 08:33 AM
Blkfenderslookbetter
Quote:
Originally Posted by COStrider View Post
Wait...wait...wait


What if I open my car door into my jeep's slider and dent my car door. Is it my fault? What if I damage both? So many questions, I know

Maybe we should place a "WARNING - IT's HARD" sticker above our Ace rails.




On second thought ...



Hugh Jass, you have a call on line 1
07-25-2013 08:31 AM
COStrider
Quote:
Originally Posted by duckquackers View Post
rider, no what if questions my friend you will upset someone.

When said event takes place take pictures and post here for further information.
10-4, 10-4
07-24-2013 10:01 PM
Teague242
Quote:
Originally Posted by COStrider View Post
Wait...wait...wait

What if I open my car door into my jeep's slider and dent my car door. Is it my fault? What if I damage both? So many questions, I know
It would be your third grade teachers fault because he/she didn't help you with long division.
07-24-2013 09:29 PM
Duckquackers Rider, no what if questions my friend you will upset someone.

When said event takes place take pictures and post here for further information.
07-24-2013 08:07 PM
COStrider Wait...wait...wait


What if I open my car door into my jeep's slider and dent my car door. Is it my fault? What if I damage both? So many questions, I know
07-24-2013 04:29 PM
Dragonscape Just to stay on topic, I really want to swap out my crappy plastic side steps for some Ace rails just so I can jack up people's doors [/QUOTE]

^^^^^^^ Ace rails stop dings, does not hurt to have 2inch lift and 35's
07-24-2013 04:19 PM
COStrider
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blkfenderslookbetter View Post
Paging Mike Hunt. ... Mike. ...Hunt.

You're needed at the service desk.

Stu Padaso and Mike Hunt please come to the service desk, customers waiting.
07-24-2013 01:35 PM
Blkfenderslookbetter Paging Mike Hunt. ... Mike. ...Hunt.

You're needed at the service desk.












07-24-2013 12:07 PM
COStrider
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teague242 View Post

They also cut the roof of your mouth!
Ooooooooo. Thats a personal favorite!
07-24-2013 11:59 AM
Teague242
Quote:
Originally Posted by odd42 View Post

Those are great when you are eating them. The problem occurs when you still burp the taste a week later!
They also cut the roof of your mouth!
07-24-2013 10:24 AM
insylem When driving my Chevy, I try to make sure not to door ding. It has LONG doors for some dumb reason too. Sometimes I've even put my hand on the edge of the door so that it dosent ding the next car if I don't think I can avoid hitting it.

People can be careless asshats though
07-24-2013 10:20 AM
odd42
Quote:
Originally Posted by rich67 View Post

I love those things.
Those are great when you are eating them. The problem occurs when you still burp the taste a week later!
07-24-2013 10:02 AM
CJ7nvrstk
Quote:
Originally Posted by deanp View Post
So I'm sitting in a parking lot when this dirt bag pulls up and decides rather than open his door and get out, it would be better to shove it open at mach 3 and bang it into the side of my Jeep. Fortunately I have sliders and a 2.5" lift. Small scrape on the sliders but it completely rolls the edge of his door in the shape of the pipe from the sliders.

Now he is mad at me for damaging his vehicle. Where has respect for others property and taking ownership in your own actions gone?
Nice! It's this damn E generation mentality!
07-24-2013 09:51 AM
Duckquackers Good call DFW, I will join the revolution with you!! Maybe we can elect Courtney to be our PR person and face of the movement.
07-24-2013 09:39 AM
DFW6ER After reading 5 pages of this thread, I've decided to glue egg crate padding to the entire exterior surface of my jeep. I want to be a responsible person and not have to worry about my jeep causing damage to other vehicles that might happen to bang into my parked vehicle.
07-24-2013 09:08 AM
Blkfenderslookbetter Race cars are fast!
07-24-2013 08:10 AM
PecosRiver
Quote:
Originally Posted by AirForce_Jeeper View Post
Can't we just all get along?
Rodney? Rodney King, is that you? I THOUGHT YOU WERE DEAD! Glad to see you got better!
07-24-2013 07:37 AM
Duckquackers Ha ha cc!
07-24-2013 06:18 AM
chucky cheese I usually trawl parking lots looking for handicap people parking in one of our spots. Then I ding them! Ba$!ard$.
07-23-2013 09:47 PM
COStrider
Quote:
Originally Posted by krawdaddy View Post
Am I the only one that literally parks in the back part of a parking lot? I've had times where I will SKIP eating dinner somewhere because there are no good "away" parking spots. My wife's Mustang is 13 years old and has ZERO door dings. Same with our Yukon at 8 years of age. I don't really care too much about the JK getting dinged, but she does. She's just weird about that stuff... likes to take care of her equipment.

Just to stay on topic, I really want to swap out my crappy plastic side steps for some Ace rails just so I can fuck up people's doors
I really never thought of the protection factor against door dings before this thread. Thanks. My soft doors have been beat to a pulp from all the inconsiderate people before the Nemesis Industries 3 piece Billy Rocker kit
07-23-2013 09:02 PM
domr This thread has me stoked for ace rails (and confused). Anyone have door carnage pics to share?
07-23-2013 08:35 PM
rich67
Quote:
Originally Posted by JKralph View Post

Funyuns.
I love those things.
07-23-2013 08:00 PM
Posts On Percocet
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepCourtney3700 View Post
Wow, you have misguided and misdirected anger but I won't get into that.

You say my thought process is flawed but you only say that because you're arrogant and because I don't think like you. I get it, anyone who thinks differently than you frightens, terrifies and scares you.

Not my problem. On topic though...

Ultimately you and I agree that the other driver was at fault and deserved what happened to him. How we arrived at that conclusion doesn't matter. That's it, End of discussion.
Troll, troll, troll your post, gently down the thread. Merrily, merrily, merrily merrily crack is not your friend....
This thread has more than 30 replies. Click here to review the whole thread.

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:21 PM.



Jeep®, Wrangler, Liberty, Wagoneer, Cherokee, and Grand Cherokee are copyrighted and trademarked to Chrysler Motors LLC.
Wranglerforum.com is not in any way associated with the Chrysler Motors LLC