|10-13-2011 06:37 PM|
|08-14-2009 05:28 AM|
Jeeps vs Girls
1. Jeeps don't get pregnant.
2. You can drive your Jeep any time of the month.
3. Jeeps don't have parents.
4. Jeeps don't whine unless something is really wrong.
5. You can share your Jeep with your friends.
6. Jeeps don't care how many other Jeeps you've ridden.
7. When driving, you and your Jeep can arrive at the same time.
8. Jeeps don't care how many other Jeeps you have.
9. Jeeps don't care if you look at other Jeeps.
10. Jeeps don't care if you buy Jeep magazines.
11. You'll never hear, "Surprise, you are going to own a new Jeep" unless you go out to buy one yourself.
12. If your Jeep goes flat you can fix it.
13. If your Jeep is too loose you can tighten it.
14. If your Jeep is misaligned, you don't have to discuss politics with it.
15. You can have a black Jeep and bring it home to your parents.
16. You don't have to be jealous of the guy who works on your Jeep.
17. If you say bad things to your Jeep, you don't have to apologize before
you drive it again.
18. You can drive your Jeep as long as you want and it won't get sore.
19. You can stop driving your Jeep as soon as you want and it won't get
20. Your parents won't remain in touch with your old Jeep after you dump it.
21. Jeeps don't get headaches.
22. Jeeps don't insult you if you're a bad driver.
23. Your Jeep never wants a night out with the other Jeeps.
24. Jeeps don't care if you're late.
25. You don't have to take a shower before you ride your Jeep.
26. If your Jeep doesn't look good you can paint it or get better parts.
27. You can ride your Jeep the first time you meet it, without having to
take it to dinner, see a movie, or meet its mother.
28. The only protection you have to wear when riding your Jeep is a
29. When in mixed company, you can talk about what a great drive you had
the last time you were in your Jeep.
30. Your Jeep in never embarrassed to go topless in public.
31. You only have to feed your Jeep when you use it.
32. A rocky relationship with your Jeep is actually fun.
33. Jeeps don't care how much money you spend on them.
34. You don't have to remember your Jeep's birthday, when you first met,
35. You can feel free to remark about how much better your jeep is
|08-01-2009 12:29 AM|
|07-31-2009 12:20 PM|
|07-31-2009 04:25 AM|
And another good one:
You know your're driving a YJ when
..TJ guys say true Jeeps have round headlights and you answer "no, the real jeeps have leaf springs"
|07-30-2009 10:20 PM|
|jgano23||the hubby and i just ROFL'D through the whole list.|
|07-30-2009 07:46 PM|
I love it...soooo much truth in such a small space....
|07-30-2009 07:38 PM|
|07-30-2009 06:56 PM|
|07-30-2009 06:52 PM|
|07-30-2009 06:43 PM|
|07-30-2009 05:47 PM|
You know you're driving a YJ when:
(my favorites - and absolute truth in every way)
- when you open the hood and friends comment "is this wire supposed to be hanging there like that not attached to anything?" and you can honestly and without fear answer "yea that little guy ... you don't need that little guy ... it came like that"
- you can run over a dime on the road, and tell whether its heads or tails
- Every bump is a steering opportunity.
- Every dent and scratch has a story your friends don't want to hear again
- Anytime you hear "Torx head" you grumble 'Oh my God'..
- You find a 'lost' tool every time you open the hood.
- You don't mind cutting up your favorite ride.
- when it is no longer getting older, but slowly becoming brand new part by part.
- You know you own a YJ when your only complaint about driving in the snow is the other drivers
- all your pants are missing the belt loop on the right hand side from getting ripped off on the door striker when jumping in
- Your only cup holder is the crotch of your pants and you have the coffee burns to prove it. (so true)
- You are the only one at the car wash hosing out the inside of your vehicle.
- You notice the 'new' knock, tick, or rattle right away and your passenger looks at you like you're crazy. (SOOO true)
- The mail/ups/fedex driver is on a first name basis with you!
- when everyone else that drives a Jeep waves to you!
- You see a flatbed trailer in front of you and you wonder if you climb the back of it.
- TJ and JK mall crawlers won't re-turn the Jeep wave!
- Your neighbors look at you in horror and amazement when they see you in the driveway hammering the living crap out of something under your Jeep.
- when your guages are a broad estimate
- -middle of the night, you hear rain, your top/doors off...back to sleep you go
- when in the odd instance you pass someone on the road in a YJ, they take pesonally and pass you right back.
- Your a master break-cheaker
- TJ guys stare
- rev your engine when next to a rice burner at a stop light
- You have discovered you don't need a top, just a variety of hats.
- Your true gas mileage is a closely guarded secret-- especially from your wife and/or girlfriend.
- you have burn marks on your feet from driving barefoot
- You can hit things with your jeep and not cause any damage to the jeep but plenty to the things you hit.
- Smaller cars on the street are another reason for not running a sway bar.
- when the puddles are larger inside your vehicle than the street.
...when like a sniper, you have to adjust for windage while driving.
...when you're not bias 'cause you've got something from just about every automaker on the jeep somewhere.
...when you've never had to do a 3 point turnaround.
...when you can get something out of the back without turning around in your seat.
- You no longer see piles of rocks, dirt or any substances on the side of the road that you dont think of as a challange to ride over.
- you go to open your door and the paddle handle just flips backwards and the door won't open-again~
...when you drive home with a hi-lift, chain and a log holding your rear axle shaft in.
...when you no longer fear the plow pile at the end of your driveway.
...when you find yourself making mental notes about every trail you pass during the week or a long trip.
...when you drive it so hard you HOPE it'll break just so you can fix and upgrade it.
...when trail scratches become "pinstriping"
- when tj and jk owners say that jeeps are supposed to have round headlights you can proudly tell them nope there supposed to have leaf springs (good one!)
- you ask yourself what is more important, that locker or dash lights
- You celebrate every time you find a non-jeep part to replace something that just broke (again) on the YJ.
- you have to write a manual listing of all the quirks and do's and don'ts if someone else drives your jeep.
- You have like 5-7 keys in your car key ring instead of just one.. And if you borrow the car to your friend, you'll have to show where all those keys go.
- when you go to the auto parts store you have to tell them the make and model of at least 3 different vehicles just to get the correct parts for your Jeep
- You open your tool box and all you have in there is a sledge, a rubber mallet, a 3/4 inch wrench, Duct tape, and WD-40.
- Your on the trail and you hear a loud scratching sound from a branch going across your heep and you just SMILE...
- When the guy that checks the emissions says. Nice try see you again
- You look under your YJ every day so you can continue to brag that it doesn't leak anywhere.
^ non-leaker makes you want to check the oil levels more often to be sure it didn't just run dry and stop leaking
- when you have to print this off so you can show your family your not the only one
- When your idea of interior finishing is a can of Hammerite and a paintbrush
- Your idea of exterior finishing is about the same
- When you say "I got to get some gas before we go" too often
(FEEL FREE TO ADD MORE)