|09-02-2009 11:47 PM|
|Jeepzcb09||just rebuild it the 4.0 is the shit as is!!|
|09-02-2009 11:34 PM|
|jpdocdave||Jeep Stroker Motor Information|
|09-02-2009 11:31 PM|
|09-02-2009 10:58 PM|
|jpdocdave||i'm building a stroker in mine. you pay a lot to buy one already built. you can have your 4.0 rebuilt but w/ 4.2 crank and rods, and machine the snout of the crank down and other than that its a straight forward engine rebuild, no tricks. gas mileage will suffer, it is larger displacement, and also the higher compression requires larger fuel injectors and usually premium gas. lesser grade gas causes detonation.|
|09-02-2009 10:04 PM|
I've been toying with the idea of a stroker. Reason: Just because I could. I have never rebuilt an engine before so I would have someone do it or buy a crate engine. Not sure though. Is there a big gas mileage difference from a stoker to a regular 4.0L? what would be the best bang for the buck without breaking the bank? Seems like a crate 4.0 is 1500-2500, stroker 2500-4000...How much would it be to rebuild my core or upgrade it to a stroker?
I have an automatic tranny and spend 90% of the time daily driving and the other 10% on light trails.
|09-01-2009 08:51 PM|
|09-01-2009 07:10 PM|
|RhcSavage21||id rebuild it and make it a stroker|
|09-01-2009 06:43 PM|
|csamn2007||It depends are you going to rebuild it yourself or have someone else do it?|
|09-01-2009 06:41 PM|
25 psi is a hair low for a 4.0, but is not in the death zone. i wouldn't write it off or that, and they all make a low softer tick/knock upwards in age. if the knock is loud, or sharp then i'd worry. but it doesn't hurt to start planning i guess.
i'd buy a jasper, they are very reputable, w/ a great warranty, i had an atk once in an xj when i bought it, it was also a good engine. i'd choose from those 2.
|09-01-2009 04:01 PM|
Do you think it would be better to rebuild my 4.0L with 201k on it or buy a create engine from ATK, Titan, Jasper, etc.? Does it even make a difference since they rebuild turned in cores?
Its on its way. i have some low end knock and the oil pressure is 50 driving and 25 at the stop sign when everything is good and hot.
Thanks for the input.