|02-04-2010 03:46 PM|
|JeepnJim||Hoses and belt.|
|02-04-2010 12:38 PM|
Tune up wise I just replaced the plugs and wires and bought them straight from the dealer they weren't too badly priced and run a can of BG44k through the gas tank. Maybe grab BG Air Intake spray as well.(but spray in the intake cleaner first and run it before you do the plugs) I wouldn't worry about O2 sensors unless they are giving you trouble.
I've always just bought brakes from a parts store they are cheaper and work. Just my preference I never had a problem.
Don't waist the $$$ on axle seals if they aren't leaking.
Differentials should be a GL5 equivalant I use 85/90W. Not the cheap crap but a brand you trust. Royal Purple is my fluid but pricey.
Radiator should be the Red extended life last twice as long as the Green I'd stick with that.
Hope that helps!
|02-04-2010 11:24 AM|
|T-BONE N BIXBY||
Help with preventative maintenance questions??
Ok guys, I think instead of blowing some tax money on "wants", I'm going to spend it on "needs" and "preventative maintenance". (SCORE BROWNIE POINTS WITH THE WIFE) I know, I know, I'm a nerd and I sound BORING!!! But, my daily driver has run 17,000 miles in one year and the mileage is getting up there. I haven't had any issues whatsoever with this jeep and I'd like to plan ahead in order to keep it that way.
I'm looking at spending some money on....
1) Tune up- what ALL do I need and where to buy parts? 02 sensor?
2) Brakes- all 4 corners- pads on front are getting thin, but rear I have no idea so I plan to go ahead and replace them too. Where to buy?
3) Axle seals- if they show no leaks, don't worry? Or good idea to replace them? Where to buy?
4) Diff fluid- front and rear....What type? I have an 2002 Sport, if that helps.
5) Radiator flush- what type of replacement? It's orange now.
Any other suggestions on what to look at replacing that can be done by a shade tree, cuss word speakin, panic ridden, do-it yourselfer?
Thanks for the replys.