|02-14-2007 07:19 AM|
That. I realize my description made my shock sound like a Ninja Turtle.
Right front is Leonardo.
Right rear is Donatello.
Left front is Michaelangelo.
Left rear is Raphael.
Yeah, it's gonna be a LOOOOONG day.
|02-14-2007 12:59 AM|
|Rawkon||shock boots work great to keep your hi lift from making noise.|
|02-13-2007 10:28 PM|
|JeepGuyLJ||Thanks for the advice guys i just toke them off they look better too.|
|02-13-2007 09:38 PM|
|binaryking||I find that a lot of the time all the boots do is trap the mud and dirt. At least with the boots off you can wash them well.|
|02-13-2007 08:27 PM|
|1BLKJP||No need for them. People who say to leave them on don't do anything to get them dirty anyway.|
|02-13-2007 08:22 PM|
|mrbigjeep||a lot of shocks don't come with boots at all. you'll be fine.|
|02-13-2007 02:59 PM|
|18derrick||I pulled mine off and there was alot of mud and dirt suck inside. I say pull them off. The dirt will wash away better, I think what they are for is to stop rocks from chiping the shaft. Rock chips can cause the shock to leak.|
|02-13-2007 01:56 PM|
|JeepGuyLJ||So you think i should take them off i would be better that way and not get anything in the shock what do you mean hard outer shell.|
|02-13-2007 01:53 PM|
Some say if you leave them on, it is more likely to cause premature wear, rust, moisture in there, etc.
I have the OME shocks with a hard outer shell so it isn't a problem for me. The shaft is protected AND it is open to get air in there.
|02-13-2007 01:47 PM|
I have a fulltraction lift with black boots one the shocks and was wondering if took the boots off would anything get into the shocks and mess them up like water,mud,dust.