Jeep Wrangler Forum - Reply to Topic
Jeep Wrangler Forum

Go Back   Jeep Wrangler Forum > TJ Jeep Wrangler Forum > TJ General Discussion Forum > Why my jeep will remain stock: a rant

Join Wrangler Forum Today


Thread: Why my jeep will remain stock: a rant Reply to Thread
Title:
  
Message:
Post Icons
You may choose an icon for your message from the following list:
 

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Wrangler Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Additional Options
Miscellaneous Options

Topic Review (Newest First)
10-23-2013 12:06 AM
W5KVV Helluva way to bring back a 3.5 year old thread!

10-22-2013 11:43 PM
TJZ I think it's horrible that you shot a one eyed Buffalo in the butt. Lol
10-22-2013 11:07 PM
clambo55 You guys are funnier than Hee-Haw. Really! Sounds like your all stuck in the school yard to me. Stock versus modded, hmmm. Maybe I'm the Jeep guy. I want to get away from everything. Especially click clubs. You know the ones. All they talk about is how they stand out because they have invested or saved their time and money in doing something different than everyone else.

Put your heads together and figure out a way to get away from each other. It's that simple. Branch off this way, then this way, then this way and hopefully you will never see each other in your Jeeps.

Get another hobby in conjunction with your Jeep hobby. Don't be a Jeep Potato! Take an interest in fishing, photography, metal detecting, bottle digging, hunting, hiking, ect, ect, Then maybe someday you can tell your grand kids you did something else that nobody else has done. Even if you were to take an interest in being a clown driving a Jeep it would be different than what you are doing now.

Think of it. Really. You can say to your Grandkid, Grandkid, I took my Jeep into the Mountains one day as far as one can go. Then I got out of my Jeep with my 90 lb backpack to go looking for a Bottle Dump with my Metal Detector but I got lost. After 10 days of trying to find out where I parked my Jeep I ran into a one eyed Buffalo who jumped me while I was taking a whiz behind a willow tree. I grabbed my hunting rifle and put one right up his butt. Good thing I had a camera in my backpack cause these photos are proof!!!

But anyways after 11 days the fog lifted and and low and behold what do I see?

My Jeep Man, Yes My Jeep. It was only 50 yards away the whole entire 11 days.

Now that's a once in a lifetime story to tell your grand kids. Stay Jeep'in My Friends!!!
05-18-2010 04:27 PM
toshpate
Quote:
Originally Posted by biffman View Post
We need to use oil???
is that the stuff that is on the pavement under it?
05-18-2010 04:22 PM
biffman We need to use oil???
05-18-2010 03:41 PM
Cons_Table
Quote:
Originally Posted by pokey View Post
I'm glad to see my rant thread is getting some good mileage and providing entertainment value. But I think next time I'll play it safe and just ask everyone what kind of oil they use........NOT!!!!
Castrol Synthetic
05-18-2010 03:38 PM
pokey I'm glad to see my rant thread is getting some good mileage and providing entertainment value. But I think next time I'll play it safe and just ask everyone what kind of oil they use........NOT!!!!
05-18-2010 03:22 PM
toshpate world of warcraft? my geek ex husband was an addict..hence the ex part
05-18-2010 03:13 PM
JayJohnson /epic thread
And I only thought these existed on the WoW forums (who hear knows what that is? haha)

/popcorn
05-18-2010 02:31 PM
yj-genral i get exactly what the OP is saying in the "rant" but you kinda sound like my dad (mechanic for honda/acura for over 30 years now) he doesnt think anything should go beyond stock because thats what the engineers designed it to do... and im telling you from an ex-engineer... they make mistakes, just look at the stock 1989 wrangler YJ (my own) and you will see where and how and what an engineer can mess up... granted im sure there were more CEO feet in the fire on those decisions at the time and im sure that the engineers did their best with what they were presented with...... but oh my gosh it was a cluster! (granted its my dedicated trail rig) i have replaced ALMOST every driveline component in that machine to make it better than originally intended...

but i get what your saying gotta love the posers/idiots that throw stuff on their junk just because thats what they hear you need to do and dont research anything about it and end up screwing it up more than if they left it stock and tried to drive on the rotors
05-18-2010 02:25 PM
pokey To 1991 YJ Renegade: I noticed in your "what do you guys think?" thread that you are a 16 year old girl. On behalf of the Wrangler Forum community I am apologizing for the fact you had to read mrcarcrazy's above quote.
05-18-2010 02:05 PM
toshpate oh and p.s. I am a broke a$$ is the main reason mine will stay stock
05-18-2010 02:03 PM
530ktm I myself prefer the 2 inch OME style lift with my 31 inch BFG's. I am not a rock crawler. You do what you want and like, simple as that. If you want to put steer horns on the front with a tail on the back, go for it. It is your Jeep. Some of these guys need to get something better to do with their time.
05-18-2010 02:00 PM
toshpate I have had a big ol jeep but mainly have had stock with 31's on them. easier for my kiddos to get in but they did love climbing into my beastie of a CJ which was a monstor of mods gone wrong..none of which I did I just spent money fixing the errors
05-18-2010 01:54 PM
drivebytruckerz It's really only the height I'm stuck on... I, for some reason, have no interest in lifting my TJ. I love the look of a 2-3" lift and some 32-33" tires though. But like I said.. for some reason.. I just don't ever seem to really want that on mine.. But I'm in no way against it.. and other mods are awesome.. I have lots on my wish list.. definitely addicting and endless possibilities..
05-18-2010 01:41 PM
1991 Wrangler YJ Renegade I love the fact that I have sooo many options when it comes to making my jeep more capable! it's the addiction! I cant see how you have a jeep and dont mess with it! Every time I look at her I think to myself "I really think she needs a new [insert mod/part here] soon! I have to go look at prices!" I know I will continue to add on and take off things on the jeep for as long as I have her!
05-18-2010 01:32 PM
drivebytruckerz My Jeep will stay stock (in terms of height) just because it'll do everything/ go everywhere that I need/want it to as is, and like you I think it's a perfectly engineered and capable vehicle.. but like others said.. "to each his own." I agree with "if it ain't broke...." but boys will be boys.

I think my hang up is.. I want to start with a piece of crap Jeep before I hack it up.. I just have something in me that doesn't like that sort of thing. Maybe I'll break the mold one day.
04-26-2010 03:18 AM
pokey
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrcarcrazy View Post
Gotta ask why people post crap like this? YOu have an opinion, that's great, but no one asked for it

Its just like forcing your religion, sexual preference, etc onto someone else..."Hey guess what, I'm a baptist, you should be a baptist too, so you don't goto hell. Yes I am right and you are wrong. BURN MOTHER F_cker".

or - for entertainment - "I'm gay, I like men, you would like men too if you try. I mean really how do you know. Come on sugar lips, lick my +*#^."

you get me?

fwiw, I am neither baptist, or gay.....and I don't care if you are. Unless you try to convert me.

Seriously that's how I see your post.

I just noticed my rant thread re-surfaced a few days back. My original post was supposed to be a light hearted attempt at humor which some of you obviously took WAY too seriously. mrcarcrazy, with a response like that I would suggest you lay off the XBOX games for awhile. You're wound WAY too tight. And if this post is the straw that pulls the plug on this thread so be it.
04-16-2010 04:25 PM
ccain
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvMyTJ View Post
I see the trolls are well fed around here...
Nope. Trolls don't eat well here at all. Oh, every once in a while they get a decent nibble but soon after they yack it right back up when my foot goes in their a$$.

Just know guys that I'm watching this thread. If it gets outta hand it's gone. I already have the names, all that's left is for me to do is kick a$$. So knock it off and keep it civil. It's been a while since I've given out an infraction or banned someone and I've got the itch. So, you'd be wise not to flip my "A-hole" button!

k-thnxby!
04-16-2010 04:11 PM
cavediverjc
Quote:
Originally Posted by 79thump View Post
I think you woke up on the wrong side of your mullet.
Now THAT'S worth the price of admission right there!!!
04-16-2010 03:58 PM
LuvMyTJ I see the trolls are well fed around here...
04-16-2010 02:51 PM
dan188 I love this thread!.. people are gettin' fired up over all kinds of things! Personally, I don't care what you do or don't do with your jeep. Mine is fun for me, and I hope yours is fun for you, stock or not... oh, and I just installed lockers and 4:88's and a 10 inch lift. Now I have a death wobble, my front drive shaft flew through the floor board, and my both pumpkins blew up because "Sid" used cooking oil instead of gear oil (he was on his lunch break and rushing around. it's an honest mistake). Can you guys help me with what's wrong??... hahaha, just kidding, geez!
04-16-2010 02:30 PM
79thump "you're not one of those Hummer owners are ya?"

Nope, just a Jeep owner for 17 years who's driven them(7 wranglers) daily for each and every day of those 17 years.

And to "mrcarcrazy" chill out. I'm just expressing my disgust with the quality and direction of the JK. Has nothing to do with religion or sexual preference. I think you woke up on the wrong side of your mullet.
04-16-2010 02:06 PM
RatherBNarizona honestly, I don't really care...
It's your Jeep... do what you want...
you don't need to rant about it...



you're not one of those Hummer owners are ya?
04-16-2010 01:59 PM
adkjoe ^ agreed!!!
04-16-2010 01:47 PM
mrcarcrazy Gotta ask why people post crap like this? YOu have an opinion, that's great, but no one asked for it

Its just like forcing your religion, sexual preference, etc onto someone else..."Hey guess what, I'm a baptist, you should be a baptist too, so you don't goto hell. Yes I am right and you are wrong. BURN MOTHER F_cker".

or - for entertainment - "I'm gay, I like men, you would like men too if you try. I mean really how do you know. Come on sugar lips, lick my +*#^."

you get me?

fwiw, I am neither baptist, or gay.....and I don't care if you are. Unless you try to convert me.

Seriously that's how I see your post.
04-16-2010 12:00 PM
79thump I get where pokey is coming from to a degree. It's hard to find a good used Jeep that hasn't had to endure the previous owners bad taste in mods. That's why lightly used stock Jeeps(TJs) don't stay on the lot for long.

You usually have to spend your nights and weekends dismantling the damage the previous owner(s) did.

My point is - take good care of your TJ's!! It may be the last quality generation of Wranglers we Jeep owners ever get. I don't see Chrysler getting it right again anytime soon!
04-11-2010 10:21 PM
Kevin
Quote:
Originally Posted by mustang03282 View Post
I can understand the point of the rant. I enjoy my wrangler as it is. Mine is stock and not only can i not afford to mod it but if I could sink all that money into it id be more worried about breaking it. I guess i would enjoy to mod it but not everyone needs to. The problem is if you post a video to youtube or anywhere els on the web of you just haveing fun in your stock jeep you get all these jerks that have to comment you cant drive you need to throw lockers on that thing you need a lift ect. Some of us make the best with what we have and in my opinion being a jeep owner isnt about showing off its about makeing due with what you have weather it is stock or not and just haveing fun. My wife has a cherokee which handles great offroad but its so smooth and easy that imo it isnt as fun. Her cherokee has a 4.0 and a auto trans my wrangler is a 4 cylinder and has a 5 speed and I find it alout more fun in my wrangler because its more of a chalange. Im not saying one way is better then anothers but its about personal choice and people that like there jeeps stocked shouldnt be looked down at. Ive seen way to many newer jeeps modded out the ass with probly close to 9k worth of mods for offroading that people have to come to a complete stop for pot holes. and if one spec of mud is on there jeep they need to take it to the car wash. My jeep wears its mud with pride. The only time my jeep goes to the car wash is when i want to see if i get kicked out


Hey Mustang, You can come back now because I haven't thrown any Jeepers out of my wash since I bought my jeep. I will even wave and probably give you your first wash FREE.
04-11-2010 10:17 PM
GroceryGrabber
Quote:
Originally Posted by whitebuffalo View Post
ships arent built for harbors.....

half the reason i got my jeep was so i could mod it. to me, thats half the fun. (which is probably why mine is the ugly cobbled mess that it is....but it gives it character).
That's because you hack off parts while you're lit!

no such thing as an ugly jeep...

Unless you got 20" chrome rims that spin with low profile pizza cutters
04-11-2010 10:10 PM
whitebuffalo ships arent built for harbors.....

half the reason i got my jeep was so i could mod it. to me, thats half the fun. (which is probably why mine is the ugly cobbled mess that it is....but it gives it character).
This thread has more than 30 replies. Click here to review the whole thread.

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:52 PM.



Jeep®, Wrangler, Liberty, Wagoneer, Cherokee, and Grand Cherokee are copyrighted and trademarked to Chrysler Motors LLC.
Wranglerforum.com is not in any way associated with the Chrysler Motors LLC