|06-11-2010 07:55 AM|
check all your connections first on both side of the battery cables.
be sure your terminals are all ruffed up and clean with sand paper or a wire brush.
check the battery cable just before each end to ensure it did not burn or break inside the insulation, just behind the terminal where it bends.
turn the key on, jump the starter leads with a screwdriver to see if it bumps the engine over. If it does, you know for sure the problem is in your push button wiring somewhere. If it does not bump the engine over, your battery is shot or your cables are shot/loose/dirty.
|06-11-2010 07:36 AM|
Complete loss of power
I was away from the house when my wife tried to move my Jeep. She said she got in it and hit the start button and something clicked under the dash. I thought she just killed the battery but after charging it I still have complete loss of electrical. Any ideas as to where I should start? Sounds to my like some sort of relay or fuse might have blown but I wasn't sure if there was anything ignition related under the dash that would cut out all power...