|04-02-2007 11:05 AM|
|bluvikng||They are probably sealed U-joints. That is all that comes stock, it seems. But if they were greaseable, they would have little things sticking out, that you could connect a grease gun to, called grease certs. If you have a standard, and you were pulling someone, you probably slipped the clutch, and burned it a little. No big deal, as long as you didn't do it for a long period of time.|
|04-02-2007 11:02 AM|
|04-01-2007 09:26 PM|
|04moneypit||Do you have greasable u joints in your D-shaft? If so, when I over lube mine, they'll throw some grease onto the muffler and I get a burning smell.|
|04-01-2007 08:06 PM|
|04-01-2007 07:16 PM|
|mrbigjeep||probably just the clutch...|
|04-01-2007 06:47 PM|
|Adventurous||I took it out again today and didn't have a problem with the burning smell. Hopefully it was just the clutch yesterday.|
|04-01-2007 09:41 AM|
|04-01-2007 08:45 AM|
I bet it is something burning.
Get under your jeep. Look around. Especially when the smell is present.
|04-01-2007 08:17 AM|
I was working the Jeep really hard yesterday trying to tow a fellow jeeper out of the sand and smelled a burning smell coming from the rear passenger side. There was no smoke, didn't see any fluids, just a burning smell. Any ideas what it might be?