|07-10-2010 09:43 AM|
Just a suggestion, but please have a look at the Sunrider tops.
I absolutely LOVE mine. I have all of the benefits of "top off" without all of the hassle. I pop the front open, zip out the sides, roll up the back and I'm ready to roll. Don't even HAVE to remove the windows if I don't feel like it. In a cloudburst, I just reach up from the driver's seat and pull it closed with one hand.
When the back of it it is still up it also provides very nice protection from the sun beating down on the back of your neck and on your passengers if you have any.
I've had other Jeeps and a few convertibles and hands down, this is my all time favorite. This top is AMAZING.
|07-10-2010 09:05 AM|
|pakman55||i just figured out its much ezr to put the side windows in if you do the bottom part FIRST!!!!|
|07-10-2010 09:03 AM|
|fonecop1||it looks like there are a lot of youtube instructional videos out there on putting your top up and down.|
|07-10-2010 07:32 AM|
Welcome to the forum
When I first got my TJ, it took me awhile to put the top up n down as well. Unless something is wrong with your frame itself It'll get easier n quicker, hang in there.
BTW, Im from SWVA as well., near C'brug
|07-10-2010 07:20 AM|
- Post a pictue or determime if you have a factory frame or other.
- The factory frame is the best and easiest to put up, take down. It is easy once you learn how.
- If you have the factory frame, the best replacement fabric it the Sailcloth RAT from bestop.
- You can put the fabric on yourself.
- Another option is you can fined used frames and fabric for 200-400. For sale section here and other Jeep forums, craigs list, ebay
Jeep Wrangler tips and basics for new owners
|07-10-2010 06:45 AM|
|Atthehop||I think no matter what top you have you still need to remove the side and rear windows before folding it down which means you have to zip them back in when putting it up. I think Oliver2328 is looking for something simple like cars have.|
|07-10-2010 06:20 AM|
|Rayko||For what it's worth. I picked up a Bestop Supertop and one of their Bikini tops. Very happy with both.|
|07-09-2010 11:33 PM|
|Zetsumei||Welcome! I'm sure Geoff@Bestop will be over here to help at some point|
|07-09-2010 11:20 PM|
|pokey||If you could post a picture of your top hardware it will help the guys out here a lot to determine what you have.|
|07-09-2010 11:13 PM|
|JeepFrogger||Welcome! have u checked out Best top?|
|07-09-2010 11:11 PM|
New to the forum & have a top question
I have a 1997 Jeep Wrangler SE/TJ which I bought used in 2003. It runs great and I love driving except I hate the soft top system. It is a real pain in the butt to put up or take down. It takes me 15 frustrating minutes to put it up when a sudden rain comes along. For this reason I don't drive it nearly as much as I would like. I want to replace the top but only it I can change out the top system. I have visited quadratec.com and tried to use the Soft Top Advisor but the system on my Jeep is not any of the ones shown. So my questions are as follows:
1. Can I replace the top system meaning get rid of the one I have and order one of the replacements shown on quadratec.com or do I have to search to find the same "system" and top as I have now?
2. I live in SWVA, how do I find someone who can do the physical replacement since I am not very handy and have the patience of a 4 year old?
Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.