|02-02-2014 11:00 PM|
|tylerf83||there are plenty of yj's being parted out on the for sale section check there|
|01-31-2014 02:27 PM|
|Mowrangler||I have seen manual steering boxes on EBay|
|01-31-2014 02:09 PM|
1. You cant use a power steering box without the pump and reservoir. It would be harder to steer than a manual box.
2. Power steering box from a TJ isn't compatible with a YJ.
3. They didn't make a TJ with manual steering. So, no.
4. A complete list of parts would be...pump/reservoir and brackets to hold it on the motor, new belts for the motor, power steering lines to the box, power steering box, new pitman arm, new sector shaft from firewall to steering box. And I believe the drag link from the pitman arm to the tie rod is different as well.
A manual steering box is few and far between anymore, might be an "impossible" find in a salvage yard.
|01-31-2014 01:44 PM|
|Fabrokoner||There is an upgrade that I've read about where people put a used dodge Durango box in. You may want to research that and see if it is a viable option for you.|
|01-31-2014 01:22 PM|
|Jeepfreak94||I was able to find a comparable year XJ and pulled box, hoses, pump, brackets and belt for less than $100. Everything bolted right up. I later ended up redoing the brackets to go with a shorter belt and remote resivoir with cooler and a Durango steering box. Great swap.|
|01-31-2014 09:26 AM|
Busted Manual Steering Box, Now I Have A Few Questions About Options
Well yesterday wheeling i busted the spline that holds the pitman arm to the steering box. after looking at prices and a new manual steering box is $250 where as a power steering one is only $65. and now i have a few questions..
1. can i use a power steering box without any pumps just the box?
2. can i pull power steering parts off a TJ?
3. can i use a manual steering box from a TJ?
4. what is the complete list of parts i would need to convert it to power steering?
5. does anyone know where i can find a used manual box for a reasonable price?