Jeep Wrangler Forum - Reply to Topic
Jeep Wrangler Forum

Go Back   Jeep Wrangler Forum > YJ Jeep Wrangler Forum > YJ Tech Forum > Soft Top

Join Wrangler Forum Today

Thread: Soft Top Reply to Thread
Post Icons
You may choose an icon for your message from the following list:

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Wrangler Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:


Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Additional Options
Miscellaneous Options

Topic Review (Newest First)
10-04-2010 05:30 AM
Jay.G Thanks guys, appreciate the info. I'm going to check out the supertop before 'ol man winter moves in!
10-03-2010 11:41 AM
copleydad Check out the Bestop Supertop. The replacement comes with everything, including new tub rails.

By far, the best system out there.......I am really happy with mine. Replaced mine back in July because my old top was 21 years old and starting to show it's age. It too was a Bestop Supertop put on by the dealer way back in the Reagan days (Dec '88).
10-03-2010 11:24 AM
ironmike08 the black rails you refer to are exactly what you think they are similar to a tonneau cover on a pick up.sounds like you need the top and frame can find this on quadratec's web site or 4 wheel drive hardware.
10-03-2010 11:06 AM
Soft Top

New to the forum so if my terminology is incorrect; please forgive me in advance. I recently purchased a 90 Jeep Wrangler YJ series, it only has a bikini top and winter is fast approaching. I've reviewed several soft tops and am unsure what parts I need for (the rail system?) In other words, I want to purchase a top and the only parts I see on my Jeep are black sections screwed into the frame that appear to allow a top to tuck under in order to secure the top. I've seen pics of tops with extra metal arms/bows etc., do I need these pieces or can someone send me pics of the parts I need for a standard factory soft top before I order the wrong stuff? Thanks.

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:12 PM.

Jeep®, Wrangler, Liberty, Wagoneer, Cherokee, and Grand Cherokee are copyrighted and trademarked to Chrysler Motors LLC. is not in any way associated with the Chrysler Motors LLC