Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

Total soft top failure

11K views 82 replies 39 participants last post by  daggo66 
#1 ·
Last night we had a fairly large thunderstorm while I was coaching our HS girls' summer league team. I came out to find that my the factory soft top on my 09 2 door completely failed to keep my interior dry. It wasn't just wet by the corners or the header, but everything, and I mean everything was soaked.

I thought long and hard to try to determine what the issue was that caused this sudden and complete failure of the top to keep my interior dry. I know it wasn't the weather stripping. My best guess is that it had something to due with the top being down and folded up in my Smittybilt boot, but I'm still continuing my investigation. I'll try PM'ing Geoff before contacting Bestop to see what they think. If any of you have any other ideas I'd be glad to hear them. :thumb:

#76 ·
Just have to bring this back up, because since raptor lining, i have installed the best-top bikini header, and smitty built cargo net, and while my driver and passenger seats stay dry, the back continues to get soaked every time it rains...the holes in the cargo net are to allow air to pass through it and keep the rain out right?

#80 ·
Lol, if i couldn't fix it with a tap or dye set, i call and tell you guys i was suffering from a momentary mental impairment when initially trying to install the bolt/nut, and could you please please please send another...ill pay for shipping??:surrender:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.