Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   JK General Discussion Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f274/)
-   -   Borrow my jeep ?? (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f274/borrow-my-jeep-100724.html)

jeep2007 07-01-2011 11:58 PM

Borrow my jeep ??

The neighbor across the yard asked me if he could borrow my doorless , topless jeep tomorrow so he could take him and his wife to the beach . I kinda pretended that I didn't hear him ask lol . Just don't know if I could lend my baby out . Do you guys ever let people borrow your jeep ?? He's a neighbor , not even a close friend .

Kevinm2467 07-02-2011 12:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeep2007
The neighbor across the yard asked me if he could borrow my doorless , topless jeep tomorrow so he could take him and his wife to the beach . I kinda pretended that I didn't hear him ask lol . Just don't know if I could lend my baby out . Do you guys ever let people borrow your jeep ?? He's a neighbor , not even a close friend .

I have let my girlfriend drive mine by her self. It has a 6 inch lift on it also. Her car is a 2010 Toyota corolla. She loves the jeep!! Well until she gets to drive it when it's almost out of gas. I let her drive it alone. A neighbor now, probably not! But a woman that you have to explain to why you love your jeep so much, diffently!!! She loves my jeep now that she can drive it :-)

jeep2007 07-02-2011 12:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kevinm2467

I have let my girlfriend drive mine by her self. It has a 6 inch lift on it also. Her car is a 2010 Toyota corolla. She loves the jeep!! Well until she gets to drive it when it's almost out of gas. I let her drive it alone. A neighbor now, probably not! But a woman that you have to explain to why you love your jeep so much, diffently!!! She loves my jeep now that she can drive it :-)

My wife drives the jeep a lot . But the neighbor ?? I was thinking " did he really just ask me that "?? lol

ZOMB1E 07-02-2011 12:16 AM

I think I would be offended if my neighbor even asked, that takes some balls. I would just tell him you don't let anyone drive it. :punk:

Up Hill Bill 07-02-2011 12:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeep2007 (Post 1347412)

NO! Ever heard the expression, "beat like a borrowed mule?" :deadhorse:

rics1997 07-02-2011 12:18 AM

All I have to say is "I don't think so"

gennybro 07-02-2011 12:19 AM

Hell No!

jeep2007 07-02-2011 12:25 AM

Good !! I'm glad I'm not the only one who instantly thought " HELL NO " :-)

fan of fanboys 07-02-2011 12:28 AM

No. Best friend, prolly. But no to neighbor.

I let my parents use one weekend. My mom had one on order and then found out pregnant with 3rd kid so had to cancel and they got silverado instead. This was back in early 90s. She has never stopped wanting one. But can't imagine anyone else driving it when I wasn't there.

jcf 07-02-2011 12:30 AM

I really don't know what people are thinking when they ask to use our vehicles. Our neighbor has asked twice to use Jeff's Dodge like it was just sitting there waiting for someone to jump in. Hell no & no one drives my Jeep either. So just say something happens & the vehicle is totalled, who's going to have to be without it & have to try & replace it? not the neighbor :nonono:

delfco1 07-02-2011 12:41 AM

The only time I let some one drive mine I'd when I'm in it...and even then I have to tell myself we're almost there...my wife is to short to reach the clutch on my yj lol.. I have let someone I just met drive it but it was after a 16 hr shift at work and out was only for the safety of my jeep

Wandell 07-02-2011 12:46 AM

I can't believe the guy had the nerve to ask! You shoulda just laughed and told him something like: "Yeah, sure! Give me $40,000 and you can drive it to the beach, the grocery store or wherever you like!!"

jrussblues 07-02-2011 12:50 AM

If your neighbor is not your brother, fiance, or other CLOSE family then I would have pretended I didn't hear him as well.

kjeeper10 07-02-2011 01:00 AM

:rofl: I agree, I had friends ask. I would never ask to drive somebody else's vehicle. My younger brother asked to trade for the day. I would not be caught dead in his florescent green souped up Neon ;)

jcf 07-02-2011 01:03 AM

No, I would no more ask someone if I could drive their vehicle than fly in the air, I think it is really rude.
Oh wait........Green Neon? Oh come on now you know you want to drive it!

kjeeper10 07-02-2011 01:40 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by jcf
No, I would no more ask someone if I could drive their vehicle than fly in the air, I think it is really rude.
Oh wait........Green Neon? Oh come on now you know you want to drive it!

:rofl: um no!!!!

jkaufman_95 07-02-2011 02:07 AM

Two people in this world drive mine and both are afraid too. My mother and my girl friend. Oh yeah my gf has her own jeep hers is just bone stock

JeffC 07-02-2011 02:38 AM

Maybe you once let him borrow your lawn mower or swim in your pool while you weren't home.

Hide your Jeep Hide your Wife
:hide:

That99SaharaGuy 07-02-2011 03:00 AM

NO ONE gets behind the wheel of my jeep except me... and my parents, but do they really count? lol I did teach one of my friends stick with it, but in a peacful neighborhood

delfco1 07-02-2011 04:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by That99SaharaGuy
NO ONE gets behind the wheel of my jeep except me... and my parents, but do they really count? lol I did teach one of my friends stick with it, but in a peacful neighborhood

X2 tried to teach my wife but shes to short

Hilldweller 07-02-2011 05:19 AM

Tell him you'll trade an hour in the Jeep for an hour with his wife.
Equals the same to me...

kelly0 07-02-2011 06:28 AM

oooh....Hell No!

JPWheelin 07-02-2011 07:13 AM

I would let them. Never hurts to be neighborly.

...I mean...if it was just for the day and I didn't have plans for the jeep.

chucky cheese 07-02-2011 08:06 AM

Get your own. I equate it with wanting to borrow your underwear. Not to mention the jeeps feelings.

jk'n 07-02-2011 08:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kjeeper10 (Post 1347588)

um, I'm going to start here. When I saw this pic after reading all the way down the thread, I almost busted a gut. :rofl:

I don't know about anybody else but I immediately focused in on how much of the um.....green had um.....rubbed off on the jeep! :rofl:

I think you let the jeep sit too close to that neon for too long! :rofl:

GOOD GOD MAN if you have any manly feelings for your jeep....move it away....far away. :eek: :facepalm:

:popcorn: :pop:

j.luis 07-02-2011 08:38 AM

NO, NO, NO!!! Only a designated driver after heavy day of drinking can drive the jeep... Remember only SUPER special people in your life can drive your jeep... Special people in your life can drive in your jeep... All others can help you wash jeep the jeep.

jk'n 07-02-2011 08:41 AM

Sorry for the minor hijack, now, getting back to the topic of the thread.

Some neighbors may qualify for the borrow. Mine for example. He is a young fellow with a young family. He works hard at making other people's trash into energy (methane harvesting all over New England). For some reason, we have become very good friends. We have had a lot of discussions about various things including career moves and he has made some excellent choices. I occasionally go with him on jobs and to work and help him out. One day I mentioned that I was going to rent a truck to move some of my elderly mom's things and he let me borrow his truck. I was blown away by it. He bought a YJ jeep after I had talked my jeep up to him and when he brought it home, I oogled over it. Last November he mentioned that he had sold it. A week went by....still in the yard....two weeks...still in the yard...three weeks still in the yard. I mentioned to him that my son was going to be getting his license in a year and he might like having a jeep. He said he was having a problem with the sale and said he wanted to talk it over with his wife. I said I would talk about it with my wife. He came back and made an awesome offer to sell it to me and it was a done deal. He has a Corvette. He said I could borrow it any time I want.

This guy, I would let borrow my jeep....either one. Any time he wants. I don't know how we got to this point but he is the kind of neighbor that I would go out of my way to help. And I know he would return the favor.

But no, I would generally not let my neighbor borrow my jeep. Except that neighbor.

shell 07-02-2011 09:54 AM

Hell no......not my neighbors. After seeing how they treat their cars, houses, & pets, I wouldn't trust my my worn out, beat to hell 1992 Dodge Shadow (if I still had it) let alone my Jeep. The hubby, ok, he knows what my Jeep means to me. Absolutely no one else.

hgesell 07-02-2011 09:58 AM

Tell him your insurance company doesn't allow non-listed people to drive your vehicles. And if he tells you he has insurance, remind him that insurance companies insure the vehicle and the driver, his policy will not cover him when he is driving your jeep.

Or just tell him borrowing your jeep would be like you borrowing his wife or 18 year old daughter. If you can take them for a ride, he can take your jeep for a ride. (only works if they are hot).

kjeeper10 07-02-2011 10:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jk'n

um, I'm going to start here. When I saw this pic after reading all the way down the thread, I almost busted a gut. :rofl:

I don't know about anybody else but I immediately focused in on how much of the um.....green had um.....rubbed off on the jeep! :rofl:

I think you let the jeep sit too close to that neon for too long! :rofl:

GOOD GOD MAN if you have any manly feelings for your jeep....move it away....far away. :eek: :facepalm:

:popcorn: :pop:

He's 19. The car actually is not running yet lol. You wanna laugh some more? He was all pissed, he doesn't have any money to get it to run. He's my bro but... :hide:

Him-"this f***ing sucks, I have no money, no job and I want my car fixed to bring my friends to the PROM in it"

Me- "no comment"

if you knew my brother you would understand is thoughts :)

Dude, I fell over :rofl:

Apology for the hijack, had to comment :)