Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   WF Site Help & Support (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f2/)
-   -   Can't post in "For Sale" forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f2/cant-post-in-for-sale-forum-101003.html)

iD0C 07-04-2011 07:34 AM

Can't post in "For Sale" forum

I have 16 posts so far and I don't see any other rules that would keep me from posting in the "For Sale" category. Any ideas?

I have a '09 unlimited soft top that I'm looking to sell. I bought the jeep used, but it doesn't look like it's been used at all.

Barrie 07-04-2011 08:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iD0C (Post 1351235)
I have 16 posts so far and I don't see any other rules that would keep me from posting in the "For Sale" category. Any ideas?

I have a '09 unlimited soft top that I'm looking to sell. I bought the jeep used, but it doesn't look like it's been used at all.

Try logging out then log back in, it tends to help re set things.

s3nt3nc3d 07-04-2011 10:53 AM

I'm assuming you can post in there now...but since I run a vbulletin forum, the reason for that is they have scheduled times where the forum software runs a check to see if a member has reached enough posts to be "promoted" with specific privileges.

ie. Requiring xxx amount of posts to post in classifieds forum. On my own website I think it runs that check hourly. No idea what it's set for here...probably the same unless they want it to be a little less server intensive since there are a ton more members here.

So...if you've reached the number of posts, all you can do is wait it out. Shouldn't take too long for it to catch up to you. The only other solution is to sweet talk an administrator with the ability to use the admin control panel...and they can manually run that check, but good luck getting someone to go in and do that. lol

Barrie 07-04-2011 11:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by s3nt3nc3d (Post 1351507)
I'm assuming you can post in there now...but since I run a vbulletin forum, the reason for that is they have scheduled times where the forum software runs a check to see if a member has reached enough posts to be "promoted" with specific privileges.

ie. Requiring xxx amount of posts to post in classifieds forum. On my own website I think it runs that check hourly. No idea what it's set for here...probably the same unless they want it to be a little less server intensive since there are a ton more members here.

So...if you've reached the number of posts, all you can do is wait it out. Shouldn't take too long for it to catch up to you. The only other solution is to sweet talk an administrator with the ability to use the admin control panel...and they can manually run that check, but good luck getting someone to go in and do that. lol

Why would he need some luck to get an Admin or a Mod to do that?

Drakea94 07-04-2011 12:19 PM

Barrie is the man to talk to . I advise you to keep a message from him in your inbox so he's easier to talk to

RatherBNarizona 07-04-2011 01:16 PM

Yeah Barrie got it, you just need to log off, and log back in.

iD0C 07-04-2011 08:57 PM

Thanks everyone for the help!

Janet H 07-04-2011 09:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Barrie in Utah (Post 1351322)
Try logging out then log back in, it tends to help re set things.

Always good advice
Quote:

Also true

Quote:

The only other solution is to sweet talk an administrator with the ability to use the admin control panel...and they can manually run that check, but good luck getting someone to go in and do that. lol

Some of us are sweeter than others ;)

:popcorn:

Timefx1 07-21-2011 06:35 AM

Thanks

I have been trying to post in Want to Buy and after reading your post, I figured out why I couldn't. 15 posts first.

JeepOnRock 07-23-2011 09:26 AM

Took me a little while to figure out as well... Maybe a sticky on top of those sections letting us know would be good. The message that we get when we try to post makes it sound like we god suspended or something.

And I'll be getting rid of a bunch of stuff...

Barrie 07-23-2011 09:30 AM

This is the sticky that is at the top of the for sale threads.

http://www.wranglerforum.com/f14/cla...ing-76397.html

Timefx1 07-23-2011 02:40 PM

Hidden in plain sight

I try to point out the relatively obscure as opposed to the fairly obvious. I too failed to read the sticky.:whistling:

Jp90Talon 07-23-2011 03:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Timefx1 (Post 1403037)
I try to point out the relatively obscure as opposed to the fairly obvious. I too failed to read the sticky.:whistling:

Yet you are doing a great job bumping up your post count...:cool:

scuba_steve 08-03-2011 10:15 PM

I am dealing with the same thing. 15 posts seems rather arbitrary. You can get there rather quickly. Not sure what is gained. I won't be inherently more trustworthy at 15 posts...and I am only planning on selling in person, so the buyer will be able to check the goods out.

Oh well, your site, your rules. :)

cheers,
Scuba