Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (
-   TJ General Discussion Forum (
-   -   Need help with lining advice. (

shawndabrookebays 07-07-2011 12:06 PM

Need help with lining advice.
I need some help or ideas on what type of liner would be the best to use on the inside of my jeep and my fender flares. Any help at all would be much appreciated.

Rubicon2 07-07-2011 12:15 PM

2 Attachment(s)
I just did this to my Jeep over the weekend. I used the Herculiner kit and I am happy with the outcome.

kjeeper10 07-07-2011 12:18 PM

Originally Posted by Rubicon2
I just did this to me Jeep over the weekend. I used the Herculiner kit and I am happy with the outcome.

Nice job.

But op. Use the search function, there's plenty of awesome write-ups on DIY bedliner done on our jeeps :)

Good luck :thumb:

shawndabrookebays 07-07-2011 12:22 PM

That looks great! Around how much did you spend on the kit? Where did you get the kit from?

Rubicon2 07-07-2011 12:32 PM

Thanks! Bought the kit from my local Carquest for around $120. Bought the Xylene for prepping the paint after sanding it at my local paint store for $10.00.

osu50sprinter 07-07-2011 01:57 PM

I went with doesnt have the rubber chunks in it so its a smoother feel on the bare feet.....its not slippery when wet and has held up awesome....they also do colors now too!!

GrassKicker 07-07-2011 02:01 PM

Check in your area and see if there is a "Armadillo Liner" dealer nearby. I had mine done for 1/2 price of LineX or Rhinoliner.

GKjeep 07-11-2011 01:29 PM

im kinda late on this thread, but i just want to give me .02.... i used herculiner too, i did a bunch of research and i went with herculiner because it has a more slip-resistant texture to it. Although monstaliner is a lot more smooth and feels better barefoot, like what osu50sprinter said, but in my case, i drive in the snow a lot and without carpets, i need to make sure my pasengers dont slip and fall... ouch! lol but basically if you NEED it to be VERY slip-resistant, go with herculiner, if you want to do it strictly for looks and somewhat comfort, use monstaliner.

Ultimate best thing to do is to Rhino-line it... but it might cost you up to a G to do that =/

Abnmarine 07-11-2011 01:48 PM

Raptor liner kit. See my recent post called Spraying the tub tomorrow.

Her_YJ 06-19-2012 08:16 PM

I used dupli color on the inside of my YJ. I do not recommend it. It never gets unsticky! And it peels entirely too much.

mattp04280 06-19-2012 08:39 PM

Just posted my pics in a previous post. I did mine this weekend with monstaliner came out great and would highly reccomend

greenhead17 06-19-2012 09:27 PM

3 Attachment(s)
I HIGHLY recommend Al's liner. Spray in or roll in. All the al's products are top notch. The spray gun is great! The scuff cub to prep makes the prepping over in about an hour! And the liner its self is tuff as nails!!!!

Hot as all get out today and liner just felt like plastic no mushy tacky crap you get with some other products. Looks awesome and will last a looooong time!