Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   General Jeep Discussion (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f19/)
-   -   Newbie to Jeeps (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f19/newbie-to-jeeps-101672.html)

regaledwin 07-08-2011 02:38 PM

Newbie to Jeeps

Hi guys im a newbie to the Jeep World... have always wanted one but never had the cash.. SO finally got my job and have saved up enough to buy one now...

Big problem... They dont have the colour i want... And the next shipment will arrive as 2012 model only and that too in Sep-Oct.. I jus cant wait that long..

Here are the options pls give me your opinions...

Sahara:
Bight RED - not de Wine red de bright one with matching top
White with a yellow top - i know it luks like an omlette..!!
Beige with matching top...

Sport
Mango Tango- with black top

Now i live in the Middle East... So the only off roading i will be doing is up those dunes... No rocks to climb here and hell there aint no rain.. so never gonna get a mud hole..:-(

I wont be changing the stock tires for a while.. so am reluctant to go with the sport which has 16".. the sahara has 17"

De bright red is really the only option but i kinda want to pull in the mango tango even though it wont have a matching top...

What are your opinions...??

Also jus asking from a newbie point of view... is the heat inside a 2011 model unbearable at midday..? a friend of mine told me so.. and dat the vehicle was way too bouncy for a normal ride.. now idont want a real smooth ride else i would hav gone for a toyota.. but i do drive a lot as part of my job.. will it be too much of an issue..?

If evrythng goes well and i pick a colour I might be getting the vehicle in a week..

All comments are welcome

sandbaja 07-08-2011 09:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by regaledwin (Post 1363140)
Hi guys im a newbie to the Jeep World... have always wanted one but never had the cash.. SO finally got my job and have saved up enough to buy one now...

Big problem... They dont have the colour i want... And the next shipment will arrive as 2012 model only and that too in Sep-Oct.. I jus cant wait that long..

Here are the options pls give me your opinions...

Sahara:
Bight RED - not de Wine red de bright one with matching top
White with a yellow top - i know it luks like an omlette..!!
Beige with matching top...

Sport
Mango Tango- with black top

Now i live in the Middle East... So the only off roading i will be doing is up those dunes... No rocks to climb here and hell there aint no rain.. so never gonna get a mud hole..:-(

I wont be changing the stock tires for a while.. so am reluctant to go with the sport which has 16".. the sahara has 17"

De bright red is really the only option but i kinda want to pull in the mango tango even though it wont have a matching top...

What are your opinions...??

Also jus asking from a newbie point of view... is the heat inside a 2011 model unbearable at midday..? a friend of mine told me so.. and dat the vehicle was way too bouncy for a normal ride.. now idont want a real smooth ride else i would hav gone for a toyota.. but i do drive a lot as part of my job.. will it be too much of an issue..?

If evrythng goes well and i pick a colour I might be getting the vehicle in a week..

All comments are welcome

Wow, thats a lot to chew on. :) I live in a warm climate, hot at times in the desert at 115 to 125 and pondered the heat question for quite a while. After all we all know white reflects and black absorbs.eventually I gave up and went with a color I liked with my eyeballs. You can mitigate the heat with after market padding for the roof. If you are going on the dunes the sahara with the lsd option will do you better than the sport ( I don't think LSD is available with the sport but may be wrong) Also if you are going in the sand get the transmission cooler if automatic. there have been issues with the 2011 autos and transmission overheating and fires. good luck. (personally, I would wait for the 2012's but if you can get a super super super deal then go ahead)