Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   JK General Discussion Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f274/)
-   -   Newbie Help.. Urgent..!! (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f274/newbie-help-urgent-101673.html)

regaledwin 07-08-2011 02:38 PM

Newbie Help.. Urgent..!!

Hi guys im a newbie to the Jeep World... have always wanted one but never had the cash.. SO finally got my job and have saved up enough to buy one now...

Big problem... They dont have the colour i want... And the next shipment will arrive as 2012 model only and that too in Sep-Oct.. I jus cant wait that long..

Here are the options pls give me your opinions...

Sahara:
Bight RED - not de Wine red de bright one with matching top
White with a yellow top - i know it luks like an omlette..!!
Beige with matching top...

Sport
Mango Tango- with black top

Now i live in the Middle East... So the only off roading i will be doing is up those dunes... No rocks to climb here and hell there aint no rain.. so never gonna get a mud hole..:-(

I wont be changing the stock tires for a while.. so am reluctant to go with the sport which has 16".. the sahara has 17"

De bright red is really the only option but i kinda want to pull in the mango tango even though it wont have a matching top...

What are your opinions...??

Also jus asking from a newbie point of view... is the heat inside a 2011 model unbearable at midday..? a friend of mine told me so.. and dat the vehicle was way too bouncy for a normal ride.. now idont want a real smooth ride else i would hav gone for a toyota.. but i do drive a lot as part of my job.. will it be too much of an issue..?

If evrythng goes well and i pick a colour I might be getting the vehicle in a week..

tysalem 07-08-2011 03:01 PM

First off, welcome to the forum!
If I were you, I would get the Sport. I have never been a fan of the color matched hardtop and fender flares. They make it look too much like a Hummer IMO.

As far as the wheels... I would again choose the sport, because the Sahara actually has 18 inch wheels, which means when you eventually upgrade tires, they will be more expensive.

regaledwin 07-08-2011 03:28 PM

The Sahara sold here has 17" Rims and the sport has 16"...

MTH 07-08-2011 03:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by regaledwin (Post 1363287)
The Sahara sold here has 17" Rims and the sport has 16"...

Maybe in the Middle East. In the States the Sahara has 18" wheels. Rubicon has 17".

CG3 07-08-2011 05:23 PM

Sahara tan.... imo it looks so clean. And... (drum roll here) it will stay c o o l (er) than any colour combo particularly one with a black top... the all one colour Sahara Tan would be perfect for your location. Perfect here too for me, however finances limited me to the Sahara Tan/Black top/fender thingys combo ;)

jcollins 07-08-2011 06:10 PM

Get you a sport..saharasnwith the metal fenders and loaded just ain't a jeep

rics1997 07-08-2011 06:18 PM

Sahara's are for the mall parking lot. If you want something for the streets and not the trails. Sports and Rubicons are for the trails. Also you can get the Sport with the 17" wheels too. Only the basic sport comes with 16" wheels. Matching fenders will not be matching to long on any decent trail.

ZOMB1E 07-08-2011 07:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jcollins
Get you a sport..saharasnwith the metal fenders and loaded just ain't a jeep

You're one to judge, you don't even know anything about jeeps.

"The other day I saw a rubi with what looked like just a plastic cover where side steps or rock guards go on. Does anyone know what these were. Like I said they were plastic."

Uh rock rails? LMFAO

Quote:

Originally Posted by rics1997
Sahara's are for the mall parking lot. If you want something for the streets and not the trails.

Exactly, I bought my Sahara to crawl in 4wd through the mall parking lot.

Douche.

rics1997 07-08-2011 08:35 PM

No need to name call. Just saying most good trails will scratch a fender and why buy a painted fender like that if you are truly off roading. Of course the Sahara is capable but they aren't made functional wise to do real trails with obstacles. They can but why? And of course Chrysler made the Sahara for the soccer moms and the upper income that want more luxury then trail function. But will it off road if you don't care to scratch the fenders? Of course it can and it will do just as good. But again why would you want to scratch nicely painted fenders. And yes Chrysler made them for the mall crawl crowd but that doesn't mean that someone else can't like it and buy it for more.

moalder 07-08-2011 08:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rics1997 (Post 1364176)
No need to name call. Just saying most good trails will scratch a fender and why buy a painted fender like that if you are truly off roading. Of course the Sahara is capable but they aren't made functional wise to do real trails with obstacles. They can but why? And of course Chrysler made the Sahara for the soccer moms and the upper income that want more luxury then trail function. But will it off road if you don't care to scratch the fenders? Of course it can and it will do just as good. But again why would you want to scratch nicely painted fenders. And yes Chrysler made them for the mall crawl crowd but that doesn't mean that someone else can't like it and buy it for more.

"Mall crawler" and "soccer mom" sure sound like name callin' to me...

rics1997 07-08-2011 08:49 PM

Seriously? roflmao

Quote:

Originally Posted by rics1997 (Post 1364176)
doesn't mean that someone else can't like it and buy it for more.

desertgoose 07-08-2011 09:57 PM

Take it easy ..lol. I don't see the issue with rim size. Smaller is cheaper but I imagine the street tires won't do well in the dunes. All jeeps have a somewhat rough ride but the fun more than makes up for it. Yes, it gets hot inside a wrangler since it isn't insulated like a typical car. But the ac works and doesn't take long to cool the interior from 115 degree days.

bbrown626 07-08-2011 10:06 PM

Sahara's are girly jeeps. Just one notch above a Liberty!

RazorbackMac 07-08-2011 11:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bbrown626
Sahara's are girly jeeps. Just one notch above a Liberty!

:hide: I feel a flack storm a-brewin

mgerken1 07-08-2011 11:22 PM

Wow folks everyone take a chill pill. Do you own a Jeep? Do you love it? Then don't apologize ever. Real Jeepers will wave everytime. I will. Sahara, Unlimited, Rubicon, Sport, 4 door, 2 door.

It is your own. And because it's a Jeep. It Rocks.

Period.

seadog 07-09-2011 12:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZOMB1E (Post 1364069)

Exactly, I bought my Sahara to crawl in 4wd through the mall parking lot.

Douche.

Exactly. I bought mine because it had the options I required. Limited Slip, trailer package, etc. And it's never been to a mall. And if I tear the fenders off, off road, who cares? It's a Jeep.

When I bought it, I didn't know the difference between the models.

RoxstarD 07-09-2011 05:10 AM

I would like to personally invite anyone here to windrock in east Tennessee to follow me and my "mall crawler" up rattle rock (t15) or lil mules trail. IF you make it to the top, we can talk about how my sahara is a mall crawling soccer mom car!!!

4Jeepn 07-09-2011 06:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RoxstarD (Post 1365132)
I would like to personally invite anyone here to windrock in east Tennessee to follow me and my "mall crawler" up rattle rock (t15) or lil mules trail. IF you make it to the top, we can talk about how my sahara is a mall crawling soccer mom car!!!

I will guess the rattle rock sahara looks a bit different than the one in the avatar.

kjeeper10 07-09-2011 07:00 AM

I can't speak for most but If I just bought a spanking new Sahara It would not see dirt either :hide: 5 years later when she's paid off, now that's a different story :thumb:

RoxstarD 07-09-2011 07:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 4Jeepn

I will guess the rattle rock sahara looks a bit different than the one in the avatar.

Hey, I never said which Sahara I would be taking. But the one in the avatar would make it.

RaiderRUBICON 07-09-2011 07:56 AM

It doesn't matter what kind of jeep you buy,all Jeeps are great.

Don't let the mall crawler talk bother you,I have a 08 rubicon,my buddy has an 09 Sahara,we both enjoy the "lifestyle" of the Jeep world. (not what size tires you have)

Thats what it is all about.

Pick one already!!!! and enjoy.

AJ:)

jeep2007 07-09-2011 08:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tysalem
First off, welcome to the forum!
If I were you, I would get the Sport. I have never been a fan of the color matched hardtop and fender flares. They make it look too much like a Hummer IMO.

As far as the wheels... I would again choose the sport, because the Sahara actually has 18 inch wheels, which means when you eventually upgrade tires, they will be more expensive.

True , when you upgrade tires they will be more expensive . But may I add that when you purchase a jeep, EVERYTHING is more expensive :-) mods +mods+mods = smiles and empty pockets

jmt27 07-09-2011 08:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rics1997

Are you saying that bc you wanted a sahara but just couldn't afford it :p

jcollins 07-10-2011 07:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jmt27

Are you saying that bc you wanted a sahara but just couldn't afford it :p

Saharas aren't even that much more.. They r for soccer moms who do no offloading ne way

RoxstarD 07-10-2011 08:24 AM

Your right, I've never offloaded anything in my Sahara. However, it's been offRoad a time or two. It's okay, people like the looks of my sahara off road. I bet you wouldn't call me a soccer mom out on a trail somewhere!! The people trolling for sahara drivers are probably the same ones that complain about the top being to hot in summer and that their doors are too heavy to take off!! LMAO.

jeep2007 07-10-2011 08:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jcollins

Saharas aren't even that much more.. They r for soccer moms who do no offloading ne way

Remember that some of the great mod advice that you receive on this forum are from Sahara jeepers . I don't notice you calling them "soccer moms" when you ask questions :-)

jcollins 07-10-2011 09:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RoxstarD
Your right, I've never offloaded anything in my Sahara. However, it's been offRoad a time or two. It's okay, people like the looks of my sahara off road. I bet you wouldn't call me a soccer mom out on a trail somewhere!! The people trolling for sahara drivers are probably the same ones that complain about the top being to hot in summer and that their doors are too heavy to take off!! LMAO.

That's called auto correct spellin

RoxstarD 07-10-2011 09:44 AM

So it autocorrected "offloaded" but not "spellin"

Hmmmmm.

jcollins 07-10-2011 09:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RoxstarD
So it autocorrected "offloaded" but not "spellin"

Hmmmmm.

That's what it looks like huh..btw cute steel fenders and leather seats

jcollins 07-10-2011 09:50 AM

Ok maybe no leather seats