Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   General Jeep Discussion (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f19/)
-   -   I'm Jeepless. Sorta (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f19/im-jeepless-sorta-101955.html)

Geoff@Bestop 07-10-2011 02:56 PM

I'm Jeepless. Sorta

Sold my CJ7 yesterday.

This means I no longer own a Jeep.

Guess I'm outta here.

Except of course, I own a slightly lifted Grand Cherokee. And I own a half share in a totally-stock 1960 CJ5 (currently at my brother's).

Oh, and I have 5 here at work I can pick from.

Guess I should stick around.

(if you look close you can see the TJ I drive a lot, and the WJ that I own).
http://www.bestop.com/blog/wp-conten...jd-450x337.jpg

jkaufman_95 07-10-2011 03:00 PM

So why did yah sell that beautiful beast? And stick around lol!!

kjeeper10 07-10-2011 03:43 PM

Why?

Hardermods 07-10-2011 04:46 PM

Trying to remember who you are so I can decide if you'll be missed?!?!
:rofl:

:doh:

Oh yeah you gotta stick around lol!!

turdhurdler 07-10-2011 05:57 PM

You sold one, now that means you gotta get another... What is on the wish list?

Jeff

tomkaren 07-10-2011 05:57 PM

Better buy another quickly or they will think you are free for Jury duty again!

Drakea94 07-10-2011 06:05 PM

What's next. ?

Geoff@Bestop 07-10-2011 06:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hardermods (Post 1368487)
Trying to remember who you are so I can decide if you'll be missed?!?!

I never said I'd be missed... :whistling:

-----------------------------------

I'm not buying another Jeep anytime soon. Every time I go anywhere, I take a company rig, and that's a nice option.

There's an old saying: the only thing better than owning a boat is having a friend who owns a boat. This is kinda like that.

Hardermods 07-10-2011 10:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Geoff@Bestop (Post 1368727)
I never said I'd be missed... :whistling:

-----------------------------------

I'm not buying another Jeep anytime soon. Every time I go anywhere, I take a company rig, and that's a nice option.

There's an old saying: the only thing better than owning a boat is having a friend who owns a boat. This is kinda like that.

Haha okay you got me there!

Im kinda the same way, part of me would like to buy a car, something with good fuel mileage so I dont take the Jeep everywhere, but why bother when I work at a dealer so I just borrow cars off the lot for long trips!

daggo66 07-10-2011 11:17 PM

So you caved in and let her make you sell it. How sad, turn in your man card. :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Wait, what did she catch you doing?:D

Geoff@Bestop 07-10-2011 11:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by daggo66 (Post 1369464)

Wait, what did she catch you doing?:D

I got caught cheating...on the Jeep. I bought an Alfa Romeo. :). And a motorcycle.

Drtrydr426 07-11-2011 12:39 AM

We had an Alpha Romeo Spider with a house my parents bought to turn around and sell..... Came with the house.... I loved that car.... but we never got it running... Ebayed to a Canadian trucker who brought his Semi to Va to pick it up for his daughter..... he said quote and quote...." Love these cars but I will be spending more time under it then driving it!" Get another Jeep brother!:punk:

daggo66 07-11-2011 06:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Geoff@Bestop (Post 1369507)
I got caught cheating...on the Jeep. I bought an Alfa Romeo. :). And a motorcycle.

Ahhh, you needed a "P" car.

Geoff@Bestop 07-11-2011 09:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Drtrydr426 (Post 1369578)
Love these cars but I will be spending more time under it then driving it!" Get another Jeep brother!:punk:

Because I would never, ever need to climb under my 1980 CJ and fix things? :rofl:

The Alfa runs great. Haven't done a thing to it yet. Weird, I know.

-----------------------

I drive Jeeps all the time. I just drive the work Jeeps. I only drove my personal CJ about 100 miles in the past two years. And it deserved a better owner.

But cars (yeah, I know, sue me) come and go. I've owned probably 6 Jeeps over the years, a few Samurais and a Scout. And that's just my fun "toy" offroad list. There have also been dozens of other cars and trucks.

I've never fallen in love with a particular vehicle.

JeepAddOns-Chris 07-15-2011 10:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Geoff@Bestop (Post 1369507)

Guy in my Jeep club did the same. Got rid of his YJ and bought a gorgeous Spyder. I have to say for as old as his is, it is immaculate and I wanted one. Couldn't get rid of my rig for one though.

I did kind of the opposite of you. I got rid of my motorcycle(s) and put the money into mods on my Jeep when I first started really building up my current one. I miss the bike, but don't miss worrying about going down on one or idiot drivers out on the road.

Geoff@Bestop 07-15-2011 02:55 PM

If I wasn't married, I'd probably have a stupidly large collection of vehicles.

Right now, I'm looking at the space in my driveway, then looking at craigslist, then looking at my driveway... Porsche? Nah, can't afford a good one. Toyota truck? maybe.

Luxury car? I've never owned one, might be nice. WRX? scary used vehicles, but fun...

So many decisions...so little money...

Quote:

going down on one
Does this mean something different in Kentucky than it does here in Colorado? I'm just asking. What happens in a man's garage is between him and his motorcycle....

drhodes 07-16-2011 05:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Geoff@Bestop

Does this mean something different in Kentucky than it does here in Colorado? I'm just asking. What happens in a man's garage is between him and his motorcycle....

Awesome, and x2 on the if I didn't have a wife. But she comes in handy from time to time...don't read in to that, pervert.

JeepAddOns-Chris 07-18-2011 08:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Geoff@Bestop (Post 1382040)
If I wasn't married, I'd probably have a stupidly large collection of vehicles.

Right now, I'm looking at the space in my driveway, then looking at craigslist, then looking at my driveway... Porsche? Nah, can't afford a good one. Toyota truck? maybe.

Luxury car? I've never owned one, might be nice. WRX? scary used vehicles, but fun...

So many decisions...so little money...

*snort* :rofl:

Don't judge me! :hide: