Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   Nevada Jeep Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f56/)
-   -   Crazy B#tch at Wheelers Pass (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f56/crazy-b-tch-at-wheelers-pass-101966.html)

gregaf3 07-10-2011 05:18 PM

Crazy B#tch at Wheelers Pass

1 Attachment(s)
So there was this crazy lady blocking Wheelers Pass (601) today claiming that she owned the road...does anyone know anyone in the forrestry?

Had it not been for my two fussy kids in the car I would have just driven around

LongShot 07-11-2011 10:59 AM

All I gotta say is something has to be done about that lady. And I got a new found respect for Greg, he don't take sh1t from no one. He's a real stand up guy.

I stopped the police officer that was called up there. He was totally worthless. All he cared about was keeping the peace. He could careless if she was infringing on the rights of others to use the 601 mountain pass. I got right to the point with him and asked so is it her property? He said that its for a judge to decide and in the mean time would I like it if people drove their off road vehicles through my from yard....you can see where this is going. nowhere. Officer Dippity was siding with her, even though there is no proof either way. I would think she would have to Win a Judgement against the National Forestry before she could enforce a 601 road closure.

gregaf3 07-11-2011 12:29 PM

Ok, I just got off the phone with Josh at the Forrest service (702) 515-5404 and he said that she does own a portion of the road and she is just fed up with people throwing beer bottles and what not on her property so she is closing down that portion of the road. He said that it he has submitted the paperwork to have the road re routed, but with the land and environmental surveys, it will take a year to two before the work is approved.

Kelly,

Did your wife happen to get a picture of that Realtors sign on the lot next to hers. I would love to start collecting money to buy that lot and donate it to the forest service and reopen the road.

LongShot 07-11-2011 04:58 PM

No luck bro, neither of us have pics of that Realtors sign. But it would be worth the drive just to go get it.

At the very least Im going to see if I can find another way on to the 602 mountain pass. There's a couple of trail by that small mountain near the road that leads up to cold creek. Im going to try to find or blaze a new trail out there. Maybe closer to Indian Springs. Don't want to wait a year or 2 for the Forestry to get is resolved.

SirCanni 07-11-2011 05:23 PM

Let me know when you guys go to wheelers again. I love it up there and I got your back with the crazy bitch.

4Jeepn 07-11-2011 05:31 PM

Keep it clean folks.. also not sure what the land laws are in your state but in others there is something known as a use easement(can't recall the exact wording) but if you have crossed over land for a certain amount of time and the owner has not said you cold not then you are given by law permission to use that section of their land to get to the next location. Again not sure this would apply but might help ya all out. Or perhaps offer to adpot the road and have a 1 once month club clean up.

pioneer89820 07-21-2011 09:29 AM

contact your county road dept. if they take care of the road, then they are the ones who have the right to open or close the road. also she can not block access to public lands. I work for the road dept. up here in Lander County, and we are having the same issues with a land owner.

Bonofied Suiter 08-01-2011 12:10 PM

I spoke with the BLM but all that they can do is start the process to develop an alternate route. They did say that this could take years to accomplish. This is private land and if she owns it she has the right to close it. I think this is a good example of how irresponsible people throwing their trash on the trail cans screw it up for everyone. It's not fair to blame it on the land owner for shutting down access.

It may be more fruitful for groups and or clubs to adopt that trail and do a clean-up with special attention to her property (with their permission) and perhaps fixing the problem in a more positive way that works for everyone and doesn't include cutting a new trail or the BLM or Forest Service. If the biggest complaint this private property owner has is that people trash their land then the fix may be easier with a little understanding and co-operation. I think it's fair to say that this person knows that it is probably the only route over the pass and has run out of options. Perhaps reason and a trash cleanup could ease some of the tension.

LongShot 08-01-2011 06:57 PM

Im all about Positive solutions and coming together as people to workout and think through our problems. I don't know this lady personally, or know if she was just putting on a hardass front to be tough with people, but I can say she is a little bit of an elitest snob. She's very condasending and you can only reason with reasonable. To me it seemed like she was taking pleasure in shutting down that access point and enjoyed turning people around that in her eyes didn't belong up there.

Im sure trash has something to do with it, but the simple true of the matter is she just don't want anyone up there. Like that area up in Cold Creek is her privite little world and other people going up there are intruding.

gregaf3 08-02-2011 12:10 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Well I am not sure just how much you are going to reason with someone who lives in two cargo containers bolted together with no windows. From the what I can tell from google earth, She already had her containers put on the road once and they had to re-route it once. To me it looks like she bought the land knowing that the forest road went through her property and has tried to get rid of it.

Has anyone been up their recently to see if the forest service actually put up a sign? I laid into the guy at the forest service for not having anything posted out there. I do not know about you guys... but when you mix the middle of no where, with guns, drinking, and a crazy lady... no good things are bound to happen.