Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   Vendor Spotlight! Great Deals for Members. (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f123/)
-   -   Engo Winch Sale - 9K Winch for only $289 with Free Shipping (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f123/engo-winch-sale-9k-winch-for-only-289-with-free-shipping-102100.html)

JeepAddOns-Chris 07-11-2011 03:07 PM

Engo Winch Sale - 9K Winch for only $289 with Free Shipping

I'm baaaaaaaack!!! Ok, here's the deal. A while back, I mentioned that an off road magazine was doing another winch shootout. I'm sure many of you remember some years back and they did a head to head with Warn, Superwinch, Harbor Freight, etc... Well, another one has happened and is in the current July issue of Four Wheeler magazine. Eight winches were tested. Six winches were destroyed during the course of the tests. Only two survived and one of which was the Engo E9000... and it made it look like a breeze and passed with flying colors. In my opinion after reading the article, I personally think the Engo should have come in first place in the competition, but the testers put silly stuff like 60 points for remote control function and ergonomics as more important than whether it passed water, stall, speed, etc tests. :confused:

Massive Multi-Winch Shootout - Four Wheeler Magazine

Anyway, since that time, JeepAddOns has become the top retailer in the country for Engo winches and when you see these prices you'll know why.

Pricing valid as of 7/29/2013

New pricing and products!

Please note that the standard finish 10K and 12K winches have been discontinued and replaced by the premium finish series winches. 9K winches still come in the standard dark gray satin finish. As always, we will beat ANY price from any retailer that has Engo products *in stock*.

Prices below include shipping to anywhere in the lower 48 states! For those outside the lower 48, you must call in for shipping quotes at 800-388-8637.

9,000 with steel cable only $289
10,000 lb premium finish with steel cable only $349
12,000 lb premium finish with steel cable only $399
9,000 lb with synthetic line only $419!
10,000 premium finish with synthetic line only $469!
12,000 premium finish with synthetic only $519!
10K with steel line and built in pressure washer only $379!

Wireless Remote available for only $35 when you order your winch at the same time! Neoprene winch cover only $20!!!

More new products!!!

Eight ton snatch block. $25.
Quick Disconnect (for running front receiver hitch mounted winch) $80

Engo Winches with synthetic come with the following already, however you can upgrade your steel cable winch with these great offerings!

Aluminum hawse fairlead. $25.
3/8" x 85' synthetic line with rock guard only $199!!!!

Only from JeepAddOns.com. Call us today at 800-388-8637 to place an order at these prices!

http://www.truckaddons.com/images02/...000LB_zoom.jpg

http://www.truckaddons.com/images02/...00SLB_zoom.jpg

http://www.truckaddons.com/images02/...EPF10000SB.jpg

http://www.truckaddons.com/images02/.../EPF12000B.jpg

http://www.truckaddons.com/images02/.../PF12000SB.jpg

Winch covers are available! $20 when ordered with a winch. These are Neoprene covers! :beer:

http://mediacdn.shopatron.com/media/...jpg?1348794868

Cody4x4 07-12-2011 09:52 AM

how long does this offer apply?? because i dont have that much cash right now but i really want one?

JeepAddOns-Chris 07-12-2011 11:47 AM

I'll hold the price as long as I can, but it all depends on how long we're able to get them at our current discount to pass along the savings. :)

Cody4x4 07-12-2011 01:43 PM

Alright thanks I really appreciate that :)

ncebula 07-13-2011 09:08 AM

Controler

Do you know why the remote control got such a low score on function and ergonomics

Cody4x4 07-13-2011 11:46 AM

I'm not sure.

MTH 07-13-2011 02:28 PM

Good deal . . .

How much does this winch weigh?

Also, is there any possibility you could bundle it with synthetic line and a Hawse fairlead, charge more (obviously), but also keep the steel line roller fairlead and credit the purchaser some money for trading back the steel line and roller?

I'm set on having a synthetic line, so this is about the only reasonably priced winch available I've found. I could go with another steel line model, but I'd have to buy the line and fairlead separately and then basically toss the steel line and roller fairlead. The cost of all that ends up making the XRC-8 just about the only choice.

necromancer_tat 07-13-2011 05:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MTH (Post 1376544)
Good deal . . .

Also, is there any possibility you could bundle it with synthetic line and a Hawse fairlead, charge more (obviously), but also keep the steel line roller fairlead and credit the purchaser some money for trading back the steel line and roller?

I'm set on having a synthetic line, so this is about the only reasonably priced winch available I've found. I could go with another steel line model, but I'd have to buy the line and fairlead separately and then basically toss the steel line and roller fairlead. The cost of all that ends up making the XRC-8 just about the only choice.

Winch weight is available in the article that the OP linked to, but I agree, I'd like to have a price option for an upgrade to synthetic line. I also don't want to buy a winch just to have to also pay to buy a synthetic line and fairlead seperately.

Cody4x4 07-13-2011 05:20 PM

It weighs 85 lbs.

MTH 07-13-2011 05:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cody4x4 (Post 1376909)
It weighs 85 lbs.

Thanks. And I bet about 20 pounds of that is steel line.

Quote:

Originally Posted by necromancer_tat (Post 1376907)
Winch weight is available in the article that the OP linked to, but I agree, I'd like to have a price option for an upgrade to synthetic line. I also don't want to buy a winch just to have to also pay to buy a synthetic line and fairlead seperately.

Exactly. Not sure it'd work out for the OP simply because I presume the winch is packaged altogether from the manufacturer with the line and roller fairlead. But if he could, it'd make this choice close to a no-brainer for me.

ncebula 07-13-2011 06:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MTH (Post 1377026)
Thanks. And I bet about 20 pounds of that is steel line.

Exactly. Not sure it'd work out for the OP simply because I presume the winch is packaged altogether from the manufacturer with the line and roller fairlead. But if he could, it'd make this choice close to a no-brainer for me.

Ya I agree. I'd definitely be buying one too.

necromancer_tat 07-13-2011 06:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MTH (Post 1376544)
Good deal . . .

I checked out the link you posted and it deffinately looks like a good deal, but lots of folks bash smitty built stuff on here.

MTH 07-13-2011 07:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by necromancer_tat (Post 1377123)
I checked out the link you posted and it deffinately looks like a good deal, but lots of folks bash smitty built stuff on here.

Yeah I know. But options are limited in that price range (especially when you factor in the synthetic line), and that winch in fact has reviewed very well elsewhere (e.g., Amazon). But still, this one looks like it could be a better set up if we can swap out the line . . . . Help me out JeepAddOns-Chris!

necromancer_tat 07-13-2011 07:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MTH (Post 1377224)
Yeah I know. But options are limited in that price range (especially when you factor in the synthetic line), and that winch in fact has reviewed very well elsewhere (e.g., Amazon). But still, this one looks like it could be a better set up if we can swap out the line . . . . Help me out JeepAddOns-Chris!

I agree, I wouldn't mind owning this winch, but I would like a price for synthetic winchline and fairlead as a total kit. :punk:

big-daddy-dumas 07-13-2011 07:59 PM

ordered mine today

moscoeb 07-13-2011 08:12 PM

How much for local pick up?

WilliamGray 07-13-2011 08:59 PM

I just finished the article, and now I think I want an Engo. Surprised the Warn took first place when it died during testing.

rmed4defense 07-13-2011 09:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WilliamGray (Post 1377529)
I just finished the article, and now I think I want an Engo. Surprised the Warn took first place when it died during testing.

The Warn:

1) Died during final test.

2) Leaked during submerge test.

3) Was dead last in hill pull.

It got high points for warning stickers and users manual.

Warn must be a BIG ad buyer at that magazine.

JeepAddOns-Chris 07-14-2011 09:25 AM

We've been selling these like hot cakes since we started offering them, Especially at this price. Also to give you all an idea, if you call in and talk to me personally I can get you the 10K model for $309 and 12K for $349. Try coming even close to those prices on comparable models and it just won't happen. :punk:

As far as the synthetic line vs steel, they come pre-packaged with the steel. There's no way we can offer it in a synth-hawse option at this time (but believe me, when I talk to the manufacturer, I give them feedback like this). However, I am direct with such synth line offering companies like Viking, Master-Pull, Mile Marker, Warn, Smittybilt, Rugged Ridge, etc... So if you wanted to purchase the winch and upgrade to synthetic line after the fact, that's not a problem at all. It's what I did on my own winch on my personal rig. I'll hook anyone here up on a deal on whatever line they want, from the budget stuff up to the top of the line Viking/Master-Pull stuff. If it's not an affordable option to do all at once, you can always run steel and save a few bucks for synth/hawse later. Selling the steel line and roller fairlead on craigslist or ebay is also an option to help offset the cost.

As far as the ergonomics of the controller. In my opinion, a controller is a handle and wire that has a button or switch on it that spools like in or out. If I press a button and it works I'm happy. In no way is the controller a poor design. I think that (and the stickers on the winches) were kind of silly to factor in on a competition like this.

moscoeb, shoot me a PM. big-daddy-dumas, good talking to you yesterday!

Ironhide04 07-18-2011 06:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JeepAddOns-Chris
We've been selling these like hot cakes since we started offering them, Especially at this price. Also to give you all an idea, if you call in and talk to me personally I can get you the 10K model for $309 and 12K for $349. Try coming even close to those prices on comparable models and it just won't happen. :punk:

As far as the synthetic line vs steel, they come pre-packaged with the steel. There's no way we can offer it in a synth-hawse option at this time (but believe me, when I talk to the manufacturer, I give them feedback like this). However, I am direct with such synth line offering companies like Viking, Master-Pull, Mile Marker, Warn, Smittybilt, Rugged Ridge, etc... So if you wanted to purchase the winch and upgrade to synthetic line after the fact, that's not a problem at all. It's what I did on my own winch on my personal rig. I'll hook anyone here up on a deal on whatever line they want, from the budget stuff up to the top of the line Viking/Master-Pull stuff. If it's not an affordable option to do all at once, you can always run steel and save a few bucks for synth/hawse later. Selling the steel line and roller fairlead on craigslist or ebay is also an option to help offset the cost.

As far as the ergonomics of the controller. In my opinion, a controller is a handle and wire that has a button or switch on it that spools like in or out. If I press a button and it works I'm happy. In no way is the controller a poor design. I think that (and the stickers on the winches) were kind of silly to factor in on a competition like this.

moscoeb, shoot me a PM. big-daddy-dumas, good talking to you yesterday!

Any of these left man?
Thanks

Twt_74 07-18-2011 07:27 PM

Free shipping on the 12k as well?

dhamilton83 07-19-2011 09:49 AM

would you be able to ship to Canada? I understand that it would not be free but even with shipping might be cheaper then buying one here!

SippiTJ 07-19-2011 01:43 PM

Are these still available?

JeepAddOns-Chris 07-20-2011 09:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ironhide04 (Post 1389427)
Any of these left man?
Thanks

Sure are, just give me a call and we'll get you one.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Twt_74 (Post 1389510)
Free shipping on the 12k as well?

Indeed! $349 shipped to your door.

Quote:

Originally Posted by dhamilton83 (Post 1390629)
would you be able to ship to Canada? I understand that it would not be free but even with shipping might be cheaper then buying one here!

Shipping to Canada is not a problem. Send me an email or call me with your postal code and I'll get you a quote.

Quote:

Originally Posted by SippiTJ (Post 1391111)
Are these still available?

Selling like crazy, but no problems getting more of these out. :punk:

Diverdown87 07-20-2011 01:06 PM

That is a killer price for the 10K #. I saw a different brand for sale that was advertised as waterproof for 359 with wired and wireless remote and less of a warranty that looks an awful lot like the TMax in the article..I will definately be ordering one within the next week or 2. Do you guys offer the mounting plates for sale or will any universal one work?

crikeyjeepturtles 07-20-2011 06:26 PM

x2 on the mounting plates

RFHavens 07-21-2011 03:54 PM

Ordered the 12 from Chris on the phone. Also had a nice chat with him and I would highly recommend doing business with them. I figured for the money, the 12K would be better for some just in case reasons.:

Higher power motor has an effective less amount of strain and power draw for a given weight.

Can pull a higher rate as long as you have a winch plate with the necessary rating (maybe you are not pulling yourself out but someone else in a much heavier vehicle).

Cost is not really much more than the others.

Has the same dimensions as the 9K and 10K so fit to winch plates is the same.

If you are interest in other parts and accessories, you'd be wise to shop arouns and then call Chris at his number in the first post. Without even comparing he quoted so excellent prices for me on bumpers and other things.

Now just have to decide on what bumpers I want and of course for my JK to get here.

JeepAddOns-Chris 07-22-2011 03:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Diverdown87 (Post 1394179)
That is a killer price for the 10K #. I saw a different brand for sale that was advertised as waterproof for 359 with wired and wireless remote and less of a warranty that looks an awful lot like the TMax in the article..I will definately be ordering one within the next week or 2. Do you guys offer the mounting plates for sale or will any universal one work?

We offer the mounting plates, but any universal one will indeed work.

Quote:

Originally Posted by crikeyjeepturtles (Post 1395145)
x2 on the mounting plates

I'm horrible at math. :D

Quote:

Originally Posted by RFHavens (Post 1397540)
Ordered the 12 from Chris on the phone. Also had a nice chat with him and I would highly recommend doing business with them. I figured for the money, the 12K would be better for some just in case reasons.:

Higher power motor has an effective less amount of strain and power draw for a given weight.

Can pull a higher rate as long as you have a winch plate with the necessary rating (maybe you are not pulling yourself out but someone else in a much heavier vehicle).

Cost is not really much more than the others.

Has the same dimensions as the 9K and 10K so fit to winch plates is the same.

If you are interest in other parts and accessories, you'd be wise to shop arouns and then call Chris at his number in the first post. Without even comparing he quoted so excellent prices for me on bumpers and other things.

Now just have to decide on what bumpers I want and of course for my JK to get here.

Great talking to you on the phone yesterday. Feel free to give me a shout anytime.

KKhamesi 07-24-2011 11:14 AM

come monday i shall order mine (hopefully)

JeepAddOns-Chris 07-25-2011 08:49 AM

It's Monday! :D