Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (
-   YJ General Discussion Forum (
-   -   Jeep part or Bestop part? (

brent in az 07-13-2011 02:35 PM

Jeep part or Bestop part?
Sorry no pix...

It's the bolted-in clip mounted outside the jeep on both sides of the rear swing door that keep the softop snug. This "clip" has a deep groove to catch the "fins" of the rear window of the softop.

Hope this is clear--I don't know all the correct terminology. Anyway, my left one rattled off on some trail.

I cannot find this "clip" after 20 minutes at and 10 minutes of Googling.

Any and all help appreciated. Obviously don't need to roll down the back soft window til late fall but would like to get this piece soon.

THanks, Brent

PaulRevere1991 07-13-2011 02:47 PM

thats a original factory part, its part of the soft top hardware.

brent in az 07-13-2011 02:50 PM


Local Jeep dealer calls this original Jeep hardware by the name of "Retainer Rear Corner Belt Rail."

Jeep dealer also informs me for my 93 that Chrysler and Mopar are no longer making this part for replacement.

Wish me luck on the aftermarket hunt....

Redrider94 07-13-2011 03:31 PM

Try ( ) they have all soft top parts and have great prices also.

brent in az 07-13-2011 03:35 PM


Originally Posted by Redrider94 (Post 1376672)
Try ( ) they have all soft top parts and have great prices also.

What a coincidence. I'm already there. Jeepsareus call it "Rear Tailgate Window Bracket" for $20 a least I got a name for the piece...thanks for the reply.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:07 PM.

User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.1.0 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2016 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.