Jeep Wrangler Forum

Jeep Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/)
-   TJ General Discussion Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f282/)
-   -   zone lift all done! YAY!!! (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f282/zone-lift-all-done-yay-103583.html)

flameredTJ 07-21-2011 12:39 PM

zone lift all done! YAY!!!
 
3 Attachment(s)
just went to pay the shop and my lift is done. I am so excited to drive it but seeing it sitting next to a lifted jeep on 35's makes me realize my now lifted jeep on 225's needs some new tires!!!! kinda looked funny sitting next to a monster. lol . think they parked it there on purpose

before
Attachment 58829


zone coil spacer lift with nitro shocks and I had the shop do the quick discos( they have some spring thing to tuck them out of the way)
Attachment 58830

after, sitting next to BIG jeep and mine still on stock tires(225/75/R15) also has a zone steering stabilizer

Attachment 58831

i will get more pics when I get it home. now to wait for my husband to get home to drive me over to get it!

flameredTJ 07-21-2011 01:01 PM

anyone know where on the shocks the stickers go? also had them put the boots on figuring i could cut them off if i changed my mind. i will drive around a bit before I decide but I do want to put the silver stickers on the black shocks but not sure wihick way they should face. figured rears should be facing behind me

6InARowMakesItGo 07-21-2011 01:42 PM

you can put the stickers on wherever you want. i would face them all to the side so you can see them. i choose not to put them on or the boots. it actually doesn't look bad with those tires but it would look better with bigger ones.

flameredTJ 07-21-2011 01:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 6inarowmakesitgo (Post 1397177)
you can put the stickers on wherever you want. i would face them all to the side so you can see them. i choose not to put them on or the boots. it actually doesn't look bad with those tires but it would look better with bigger ones.

they look shrimpy if thats a word. lol. Im gonna put 31in MT tires on it. shop might have a like new set next week

6InARowMakesItGo 07-21-2011 02:01 PM

thats probably about as big as you can go. thats the size i would use in your situation. try to get the spare too. if it's not the same tire at least try to get the same size.

flyfishnevada 07-21-2011 02:11 PM

I have a 2 inch BB and 31's and mine rub. You might want some new wheels with some better backspacing. That's on my list of things to do.

markzeronine 07-21-2011 02:12 PM

how to these ride, honestly? I just need a LITTLE clearance for my 31's, and it's not that I'm a cheapskate but I simply don't want a 3"+ lift.

Trying to see if I should do 2" coil spacers or 2" springs.

Jeep looks good, don't worry about going huge, as there will always be a Jeep out there to dwarf it LOL

flameredTJ 07-21-2011 02:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by markzeronine (Post 1397276)
how to these ride, honestly? I just need a LITTLE clearance for my 31's, and it's not that I'm a cheapskate but I simply don't want a 3"+ lift.

Trying to see if I should do 2" coil spacers or 2" springs.

Jeep looks good, don't worry about going huge, as there will always be a Jeep out there to dwarf it LOL

I will post later after I pick it up about the ride since it is about a 20min ride home. cant wait to drive it!

ps. If you have the chance and money I would probably do the springs. I went this way cause it desparately needed shocks and have spent literally thousands in the past 2 months so I went cheap. I will eventually upgrade to better/longer springs in the future.

flameredTJ 07-21-2011 02:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by flyfishnevada (Post 1397273)
I have a 2 inch BB and 31's and mine rub. You might want some new wheels with some better backspacing. That's on my list of things to do.

probably like everyone else, I am looking at getting the craiger soft 8's.gonna buy them on ebay if I get the tires from the jeep shop. if I have to go 100%new, gonna order tire and wheel package.

flameredTJ 07-21-2011 07:34 PM

My jeep drives like its brand new! No more feeling like I'm driving an old mattress down the road! Love the nitro shocks, no squeeking, no vibes, just perfect IMO. I'm a happy camper:)

legman68 07-21-2011 10:16 PM

Like a broken record, "Depends on what you wanna do" seems to be the montra :rolleyes: 2" BB is cheap, easy to do yourself, and give you plenty of clearance for 31's. Ours never rubbed.

flameredTJ 07-22-2011 04:00 PM

went out to play today
 
3 Attachment(s)
here are some better pics... went out to play today:) tried my quick disconnects. let me tell you, they are so easy and are awsome! they even installed a bracket to keep the sway bar out of the way.

pic of it disconnected and attached to bracket
Attachment 58980

Attachment 58981

Attachment 58982


Attachment 58983

Attachment 58984

6InARowMakesItGo 07-22-2011 04:05 PM

i think it looks proportionally good with the tires that are on it.

Phil05LJ 07-22-2011 11:48 PM

Congrats! Glad it worked out and it sounds like you're happy to be back in the saddle again.

zamfield 07-23-2011 06:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by flameredTJ (Post 1397389)
probably like everyone else, I am looking at getting the craiger soft 8's.gonna buy them on ebay if I get the tires from the jeep shop. if I have to go 100%new, gonna order tire and wheel package.

Got mine from JEGS Performance Auto Parts - Holley - Billet Specialties - Edelbrock - MSD - Moroso - Mr Gasket
$47 a piece and free shipping!
I have 31's on mine... No lift & no rub.

http://i170.photobucket.com/albums/u...d/e15bc286.jpg

flameredTJ 07-24-2011 02:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zamfield (Post 1402238)

looks nice! love those rims

Curro 07-24-2011 10:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zamfield (Post 1402238)

Did those wheels come with center caps?

Pock Heebs 07-27-2011 06:44 AM

How old were your previous shocks and were they stock? You like the nitros?

burton160w 07-27-2011 07:24 AM

Congrats man! I just got my Zone suspension installed about two weeks ago and I'm thrilled with the Nitro shocks. Smooth ride and it looks incredible. I didn't put the stickers on the shocks, instead I just put one on the hood.

flameredTJ 08-01-2011 01:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pock Heebs (Post 1413143)
How old were your previous shocks and were they stock? You like the nitros?

I am guessing my previous shocks were probably from 1997!!! they were a tube of rust and my Jeep sounded like a squeeky mattress as it went down a bumpy road. one shock was leaking too. ride is awsome with the nitro shocks compared to worn out factory shocks from 1997. I chose the Zone nitros based on reviews and what I personally wanted. I hear nitros from other brands are not as nice. some people dont like skyjacker nitros (too stiff?) a friend has skyjacker hydros and its only been a year and they are leaking and shes gonna change them out. I wanted longevity and durability. took a chance because I was told zone is made by BDS and BDS is very good.

TnDz TJ 08-01-2011 06:22 AM

Looks good!!! Here is my 2" BB on 31" A/T's

http://www.wranglerforum.com/attachm.../3/rims003.jpg

Now get going on paintin them wheels and headlight bezels!!!! :rofl::D:thumb:

Pock Heebs 08-01-2011 07:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by flameredTJ

I am guessing my previous shocks were probably from 1997!!! they were a tube of rust and my Jeep sounded like a squeeky mattress as it went down a bumpy road. one shock was leaking too. ride is awsome with the nitro shocks compared to worn out factory shocks from 1997. I chose the Zone nitros based on reviews and what I personally wanted. I hear nitros from other brands are not as nice. some people dont like skyjacker nitros (too stiff?) a friend has skyjacker hydros and its only been a year and they are leaking and shes gonna change them out. I wanted longevity and durability. took a chance because I was told zone is made by BDS and BDS is very good.

Awesome, I think you just sold me on the 2" nitro BB from Zone....my shocks are probably stock too I'm pretty sure and I have 100k on my 98...if the ride gets better then I'm happy

You can't miss what you never had...

Jon M 08-01-2011 07:57 PM

I just ordered the Zone 2" BB today from Allen at AOR. He is exteemely helpful! I got mine with the hydros and quick discos. I told him what I wanted to do and he steered me in the right direction. I already have 31 duratracs on my stock canyons. Can't wait to see how it turns out. If ur looking for a good all around 31 with an aggressive look, check out the Duratracs.

flameredTJ 08-01-2011 08:10 PM

http://www.wranglerforum.com/attachm...1&d=1312066440

heres my latest pic. going to look into duratracs. I really need some bigger tires! was hoping to find some used ones at a good price

flameredTJ 08-08-2011 08:54 PM

got bigger tires:)
 
2 Attachment(s)
got bigger tires:) im happy now, no more being called little foot by my neighbor!

Attachment 61861

Attachment 61862

Pock Heebs 08-08-2011 09:08 PM

Awesome! What soft top do you have?

flameredTJ 08-08-2011 10:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pock Heebs (Post 1452133)
Awesome! What soft top do you have?

it is a pavement ends factory style replacement. it was about $275. only problem is my hardware is rusted through at the header and I had to ductape it. wish i knew frame was bad before I went this route. now looking for a frame.

Pock Heebs 08-09-2011 08:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by flameredTJ

it is a pavement ends factory style replacement. it was about $275. only problem is my hardware is rusted through at the header and I had to ductape it. wish i knew frame was bad before I went this route. now looking for a frame.

Good price, does the back window roll up and snap? This is a must for me...also, how's the noise compared to your old one??...I know sailcloth is the best but as long as noise doesn't get worse compared to what I'm used to now (factory top from 98 lol) then I'm happy!

flameredTJ 08-09-2011 10:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pock Heebs (Post 1453201)
Good price, does the back window roll up and snap? This is a must for me...also, how's the noise compared to your old one??...I know sailcloth is the best but as long as noise doesn't get worse compared to what I'm used to now (factory top from 98 lol) then I'm happy!

top is pretty tight so no more noisey? no flapping if thats what you mean. I didnt want to fork out the money on the sail cloth. yes, back window rolls up and snaps just like factory. I found a frame and I am picking it up thursday. once the top is super tight i will let you know about noise. right now my left front doesnt close completely at the header making the left rear sag slightly.

Pock Heebs 08-09-2011 02:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by flameredTJ

top is pretty tight so no more noisey? no flapping if thats what you mean. I didnt want to fork out the money on the sail cloth. yes, back window rolls up and snaps just like factory. I found a frame and I am picking it up thursday. once the top is super tight i will let you know about noise. right now my left front doesnt close completely at the header making the left rear sag slightly.

Okay awesome, Can you post some pics of the right side? I think I could notice the sagging in the pics...is the material decently thick?


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:19 AM.